Options

I don't get it. Why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,776 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    (quoted.... everyone is requested or required to put their GMT Relative Time in their name itself (For eg. John Doe GMT +7) so that the officers and leader can coordinate easily.)

But you’re using GMT for a TIMEZONE, and not the actual TIME.

Right now, New York is 5 hours behind London (which it typically is all year round, except for a few weeks because of the difference in dates that US changes vs UK/Europe)

But New York right now is actually only 4 hrs behind GMT. That's my point. GMT (identical to UTC) Time does NOT change twice a year (even though most everyone's own Time DOES).

The GMT TIMEZONE is always a certain number of zones away from you, but not the TIME ITSELF.
  • Options
    Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    Google "current PST time" ... done
    Selfish, petty request.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,134 ★★★★★
    Beekeeper said:

Actually, most people probably just know what their time difference normally is to “ENGLAND” itself, without worrying what time it is relative to GMT/UTC (even though that is meant to be based in England).
    Just like yourself probably, England changes for Winter/Summer and so during summer they are actually 1 hour different from official GMT/UTC.

Actually bro/sis most people know their time difference relative to GMT. If you have been in an multi national alliance which uses LINE app as their main app of communication, then you would know that everyone is requested or required to put their GMT Relative Time in their name itself (For eg. John Doe GMT +7) so that the officers and leader can coordinate easily.
    Ours doesn't require it and almost half are European and the other American. We do this thing called "communication". Its where we tell each other plans and when to move. It helps us do this other thing called "organize" (organise since you're European and dont want to trigger you further). See when you communicate and organize you don't have to change your names on Line.

Not sure how you've made it years in the game if you're too lazy convert time or learn that everything releases the same time, everytime.
  • Options
    BeekeeperBeekeeper Posts: 81
    edited April 2020

Converting is super easy! We have the time currently the way it is due to our HQ being in that timezone. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Unfortunately not many people agree with me or it could also be that they simply aren't using the forums. Either way, unfortunately, what was supposed to be a "Quality of life" suggestion turned into a toxic cat fight.

@Kabam Vydious Inorder to avoid further pointless drama, I'd appreciate if this post gets removed. :'(:'(
  • Options

Ours doesn't require it and almost half are European and the other American.

Well then speak for yourself. You are completely missing the point. The thing is many europeans and the rest of the world know their local time difference to GMT. Hence that would be easier for "us" people.

PS: I'm not European. Direct your #### somewhere else. Maybe one of your European alliance mates. Cheers.
  • Options
    Beekeeper said:

Ours doesn't require it and almost half are European and the other American.

Well then speak for yourself. You are completely missing the point. The thing is many europeans and the rest of the world know their local time difference to GMT. Hence that would be easier for "us" people.

PS: I'm not European. Direct your #### somewhere else. Maybe one of your European alliance mates. Cheers.
    I think you need a hug.
  • Options

I think you need a hug.

I better not. Social distancing remember?
  • Options
    Beekeeper said:

I think you need a hug.

Throw caution into the wind. A hug is just a QoL improvement. Then maybe you won't be so triggered because you cant have something your way.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

• Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,603 ★★★★
    Just use the internet
  • Options
    TP33 said:

Just use the internet

It's too difficult for OP. Numbers trigger him remember?
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    The real question is, are you down with OPP?
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

You can just google it and find what time will be on your region.

Converting is super easy! We have the time currently the way it is due to our HQ being in that timezone. Apologies for any inconvenience!
    Exactly!
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Beekeeper said:

I think you need a hug.

Tbh I wouldn’t care about that if it come to giving you a hug
  • Options

Then maybe you won't be so triggered because you cant have something your way.

I needed answers and I got them. Both from Kabam's side and Players side. Unfortunately. you do need to use terms like "trigger" and just take a look at the post's title. Ridiculous. I know. If I used anything less dramatic then people wouldn't fall for it. BAIT. Simple as that. Unfortunately for you, you just fell too hard. I even thought about using CAPS but hey, I never needed to in the first place I guess. So thanks..?

• Options

It's too difficult for OP. Numbers trigger him remember?

I don't remember saying that. hey, maybe its the whispers in your head. Don't listen to them. They can't hurt you.
  • Options

Pulling the b8 card when things aren't going your way lmao

sure.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Really guys I was only trying to bait you. I only used the word triggered to get a reaction. I've only defended my logic because I wanted more reactions. The fact that nobody is agreeing with the idea in this post including the mod has nothing to do with you now saying it wasn't serious. Right definitely believe that.
  • Options
    Beekeeper said:

Then maybe you won't be so triggered because you cant have something your way.

I needed answers and I got them. Both from Kabam's side and Players side. Unfortunately. you do need to use terms like "trigger" and just take a look at the post's title. Ridiculous. I know. If I used anything less dramatic then people wouldn't fall for it. BAIT. Simple as that. Unfortunately for you, you just fell too hard. I even thought about using CAPS but hey, I never needed to in the first place I guess. So thanks..?

Mmmmmmmk
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,834 ★★★★★

If Kabam specified things as GMT (or the newer terminology UTC) then they would be saying (for example) AQ is 8pm UTC in Winter, but 7pm UTC in Summer (even though it starts at the “same time” all year). So seeing it listed differently in summer/winter would mess more people up than what it would potentially help.

UTC stays the same all year around. Britain shifts from UTC to British Summer Time or BST at the end of March through to the end of October.

And, as an aside, Netmarble announces stuff for Future Fight in two times: UTC and PST. EG: 00:00 UTC/16:00 PST.

*shrug*
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,776 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    Can’t wait until U.S. gives the OK for some states to opt for Daylight Saving ALL YEAR ROUND, and if goes well then maybe enacting that for whole country permanently.

Think of it, if 12 Noon is midday for sunlight, it definitely is NOT the midway point of our waking hours, even with DST in summer 1pm is not midway of waking hours either.
    I’ve always advocated that in non-school summer months (Jun/Jul/Aug) we should have a 2 hr DST shift (yes, overweighted in the “after June 21st” period, but wouldn’t mess up School months really, and when not in school you don’t need the light in the early morning).
  • Options
    Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

You can just google it and find what time will be on your region.

No apology needed.
This discussion has been closed.