**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wants to re-download the same update every time I go to login [Under Investigation]

Dragon_26Dragon_26 Posts: 12
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I have played this game religiously over this past year and since this update I have had to download the same update 7 times and have to do it again if I want to play now. This is killing my data and making me not want to play the game. I need someone to responde or something.
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Options
    Hey!

I'm sorry this is happening, it's definitely strange to hear about. Can you please provide the following information:

- Device type
    - Device OS
    - Tried on both Wifi and/or Data
    - Can you screenshot what you are seeing?
    - Are you able to get past the screen at all or does it have you locked in attempting to update?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Samsung Galaxy S 8
    Android 7.0
    Wi-Fi and Data
    Locked in until I download the update
    I hope the screenshot works.
  • Options
    Same issue with me too.help please
  • Options
    If it doesn't show. The characters are in the background and a box saying begin your journey
  • Options
    ShreyansshShreyanssh Posts: 6
    Same issue have to redownload it daily. My device is Samsung on max . Android 7.0 and I use both
    Sometimes Wi-Fi. Sometimes mobile data
  • Options
    Hey again,

Thanks for that information. It sounds like the download isn't completing entirely and keeps resetting itself. What I would recommend doing is starting the whole process over by deleting the App then reinstalling it on Wi-Fi. Once you open the game, begin the prompted install and let it run the whole install of it before closing the app.
  • Options
    I've done that atleast 2 or 3 times already..
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled without any interruptions.
  • Options
    Thanks anyway
  • Options
    Tjattila1982Tjattila1982 Posts: 27
    edited September 2017
    I have the same problem 529 mb additional data download every time when I open the game in data mode. When I use Wi-Fi no problems. You have to do something because we can't play. adp4cku7xgyk.png
  • Options
    This is the first message when I open the game since last update V15
    I reinstalled the game 3 time and got the same messages. Can't play on data connection! Device Samsung S6 with Android 7.0 1shcsysx3lor.png
  • Options
    LosLos Posts: 24
    Same here. Galaxy s7 edge. Data and wifi. It has nothing to do with our connection. It has nothing to do with not completely installing. It's a bad update. Can't download this 3 times a day without a serious data overage charge. cunwuhdxwr2t.png
  • Options
    om_ziom_zi Posts: 7
    It is happening to me too. Tired of wasting my time and internet quota.

Samsung galaxy tab s2
    Android v7.0
  • Options
    VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    The only combination I see here is that all the devices listed so far are Samsung S6 and above and Android 7.

You can check the amount of space left on the device to make sure you have about 1 GB left after uninstalling.

The game needs around 750 MB after install but I don't know how much additional space it needs for the install packages plus any additional space needed to actually run the install itself. So I'm guessing 1 GB.

• Options
    SouranSouran Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    Same problem everytime I log in..
    Samsung S7
    Android 7.0
    Wi-Fi and Data

Reinstalling 2 times already..
  • Options
    I have 50 Gb free disk space so it's not my phone the problem!!! Please fix this problem !!!
  • Options
    VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Dragon_26 wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy S 8
    Android 7.0
    Wi-Fi and Data
    I hope the screenshot works.

Do have "Lookout" on your device? Try disabling it and then re-install the game to see if that helps.

I had no problems myself. I'm just taking ideas from issues I had with my work PC where our internal IT department would use anti-virus scanner to block installation of software, even when you have administrator rights for your assigned PC.

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hey again,

Thanks for that information. It sounds like the download isn't completing entirely and keeps resetting itself. What I would recommend doing is starting the whole process over by deleting the App then reinstalling it on Wi-Fi. Once you open the game, begin the prompted install and let it run the whole install of it before closing the app.

People need more help than this. It doesn't fix the problem. This needs to be a priority and fixed yesterday.
  • Options
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Hey again,

People need more help than this. It doesn't fix the problem. This needs to be a priority and fixed yesterday.

Did that. It did the same thing
  • Options
    Raider17Raider17 Posts: 28
    Same thing happens to me, it's now getting worse 1st thing this morning & 4 times yesterday for days & days now. PLEASE address this issue & Fix Ii promptly.
  • Options
    Hey gang,

I'm sorry a lot of you are still running into this issue and I apologize for the delay in response. To get this figured out, can you all (who are still having the problem) provide this information so I can forward it onto our team:

- Device type
    - Device OS
    - Tried on both Wifi and/or Data

Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hey everyone! Really sorry that you're all having to repeat this download. Are any of you using optimization features or app data cleaners on your device to improve performance? Doing this will erase the data that's been downloaded, and then you'll need to download it again.
  • Options
    ZazcoisaZazcoisa Posts: 28
    I have a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) SM-A710FD with Android 7.0
    It automatically downloads when i'm using wifi, and when i use data it tells me it's going to download around 500 mb but i never let it download while using data because it's just too much.
  • Options
    I have the same problem on s7 nougat. Only since last update, swear to God, kabam has the worst staff ever
  • Options
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Really sorry that you're all having to repeat this download. Are any of you using optimization features or app data cleaners on your device to improve performance? Doing this will erase the data that's been downloaded, and then you'll need to download it again.

I do but it's never done that before. I use clean master. Mind you I've ran it since before the game was released and through the 2 years I've played and never once had this issue.
  • Options
    I have galaxy s7 edge Android 7.0 data only I have clear data and try everything and also download with wifi and without u still need download and if not i won't be able to play pluss the phone needs to clear the cache and background data if not it starts running slow is a problem that needs to be fix asap .