**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 7

Comments

• Options
    TimefishyTimefishy Posts: 60

They're in place for a reason and it's not just because "Kabam is mean.".

I know the reason as I've read their responses and yours. I do not think those reasons are enough to justify it, and I don't think its a good reason.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    So for some of the guys crying about requirements and gates. It’s really not a big deal. Seriously if you’ve cleared act 6, you should have an expansive roster to not worry about the gates. I’m not a big spender and I have a good amount of champs I need. For the champs I don’t have (my 6 star roster isn’t good) I still manage.

For those who care about wasp/ghost learn how to use her without wasp and you’ll be fine. I have a rank 2 wasp I use but not for the synergy; because she’s a freaking BEAST. I have taken my ghost into war without wasp and been fine. Watch videos. There are dudes who don’t even use wasp at all.

Let’s all stop complaining before the BETA not even the real content has launched. I don’t work for kabam but everyone whines so much; they’ve done a much better job the last 2-3 months, give them credit. For them to be already in the midst of book 2 is insane.
  • Options

Let’s all stop complaining before the BETA not even the real content has launched. I don’t work for kabam but everyone whines so much; they’ve done a much better job the last 2-3 months, give them credit. For them to be already in the midst of book 2 is insane.

I reserve my right to give feedback and complain about the negative parts of Act 6. Im just hoping they really learned something from it and that Act 7 is a much more enjoyable experience overall. Their recent content is much better than the previous iterations so Im not discounting that (especially the Grandmaster fight compared to 6.2 Champion or Sinister) but the overall issue is still the ban of 4* Champions for no good reason. Its to mitigate Synergies and only allow someone with an expansive roster through certain areas.

"But if you dont have an expansive roster you shouldnt play it--" no. If you arent skilled enough, you shouldnt play it. It shouldnt have anything to do with your roster size. Its a wall thats set for no good reason and thats my biggest issue with the content.

I will look at Act 7 with an open mind but I know for a fact they wont change anything in regards to 4*s being allowed in.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Well that's obvious. They just said don't hold your breath. Book 2 is designed with 5*s and 6*s in mind.
  • Options
    @UmbertoDelRio Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah. Blah. Blah.

They admitted that Gates themselves to that extent were arbitrary and wrong, what makes 4* any different from that? Its another (much bigger) requirement. Locking content by rarity shouldnt be done, there is no good reason for it, as Ive said many times, but feel free to continue ignoring that. I will not reply to you after this is posted. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    Look, I’m not disagreeing with four stars not being allowed. The meta has shifted, and content shifts with the meta. However, the content shouldn’t require you to have specific champs for specific nodes every single quest, or certain synergy teams and the like. Maybe one or two times a chapter, but a person shouldn’t be limited in progression because of their roster, but because of their skill.
  • Options

Book 2 is designed with 5*s and 6*s in mind.

Yes, 5 and 6* Rewards, and requirements/Gates. Way to make 4* even less relevant. Its not about progression (I still had 4* in my top 15 team when completing Act 6.1) its to hinder progression
  • Options
    Timefishy said:

Yes, 5 and 6* Rewards, and requirements/Gates. Way to make 4* even less relevant. Its not about progression (I still had 4* in my top 15 team when completing Act 6.1) its to hinder progression
    As I already said in this Thread, progress isn't just about what content you've done. It's also about the size of your Roster. Act 6 and above is not the place to use 4*s.
  • Options

the content shouldn’t require you to have specific champs for specific nodes every single quest, or certain synergy teams and the like. Maybe one or two times a chapter, but a person shouldn’t be limited in progression because of their roster, but because of their skill.

This. Exactly this. Some of the challenges presented require a very small group of Champions, and if you don't have them, looks like you're going to have to wait a long time to get them. I understand that there is a shifting meta and rosters will need to be stronger and stronger, but its getting farther away from skill based content and more into "must have X Champion or you cant beat X content".
  • Options

Timefishy said:

Act 6 and above is not the place to use 4*s.
    Even though people still do it with Rank 2 and Rank 3 5* which is the equivalent of a 4/40 and 5/50 😉
  • Options
    Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Even though people still do it with Rank 2 and Rank 3 5* which is the equivalent of a 4/40 and 5/50 😉
    Equivalent in CR does not mean they're the same thing.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    If people are as skilled as they say they are why not beat content with your bad 5*s?

Kamala khan poison immune, gains fury buffs. Doesn't that mean she is a perfect counter for 6.2.2 Sinister? I mean if skill isn't the problem why do you have to use your god tier 4*s why not use whatever 5*s you have available.

For example there's a player who has beat Grandmaster i think 20x using some of most undesirable champs in the game
  • Options

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

I knew that was coming, and it doesn't matter because its the same level as a 4* and can beat that content regardless.
  • Options
    Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

I knew that was coming, and it doesn't matter because its the same level as a 4* and can beat that content regardless.
    It DOES matter. You can get a 4* from starting a new Account. You need to put more time and effort into building a 5* and 6* Roster. It's also not the same thing because Base Stats are higher for a 5* and more for a 6*.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Patchie93 said:

If people are as skilled as they say they are why not beat content with your bad 5*s?

For example there's a player who has beat Grandmaster i think 20x using some of most undesirable champs in the game

Well, you might not know this, but the Grandmaster is a skill based fight that doesnt outright require a certain utility to beat it (yes there is a need for a damaging effect in some phases but you can skip that altogether if you play correctly with your SKILL LOL.

Fights like the 6.2 Sinister require certain utility (poison immune and fury) so yes, a Kamala would be a good counter, but is prone to die from the fun and interactive unavoidable damage (which has nothing to do with Skill)

Using bad Champions as an example is a bad point on your part, which is why I don't see your point. Its not about "well if theyre so good why dont they use bad Champions?" Its about "if theyre so good then why arent they allowed to use their weaker good champions?" Smh.
  • Options

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

It DOES matter. You can get a 4* from starting a new Account. You need to put more time and effort into building a 5* and 6* Roster. It's also not the same thing because Base Stats are higher for a 5* and more for a 6*.
    Still doesnt matter, I guarantee people have done that content with R2/R3 (not fully leveled) 5*... Which base states match 4* Champions. Woahhhhh! Crazy right? Accessibility has nothing to do with this. Its about having the skill to do it but not being allowed to for whatever ridiculous reason.
  • Options
    Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Still doesnt matter, I guarantee people have done that content with R2/R3 (not fully leveled) 5*... Which base states match 4* Champions. Woahhhhh! Crazy right? Accessibility has nothing to do with this. Its about having the skill to do it but not being allowed to for whatever ridiculous reason.
    It's not about skill.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Can you get rid of cavalier crystals as rewards.
    Can’t imagine how displeased I’d be completing act 7 and getting 3*’s.

This is a good point. Should be replaced with Units. Done replying to the obvious trolls in this thread as well.
  • Options

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

It's not about skill.
    First off, completing content does require skill, and it should be about skill. I have an example for you.

My friend has a knack for games like this ( I have no idea how he is this good at these games, honestly) and picks up things very fast. He became uncollected and beat Act 5 in about two weeks, totaling two five stars along the way. (Gwenpool and Venom) But now that he’s done that, he can’t really progress into Act 6 because not only does he not have a large enough roster, he doesn’t have the champs to work around certain fights like the EMP mod Ultron. His progression is being limited by his roster, not his skill, and that’s a problem.

However, I see your points, and I do think since this is a new book in the contest, four stars not being allowed in higher tier content makes sense. It’s like bringing four stars into chapter 1 of variant 4, not only would it not make sense, they wouldn’t be as useful. The meta has shifted, and will continue to shift, and the content should shift with that meta.
  • Options

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

It's not about skill.
    First off, completing content does require skill, and it should be about skill. I have an example for you.

My friend has a knack for games like this ( I have no idea how he is this good at these games, honestly) and picks up things very fast. He became uncollected and beat Act 5 in about two weeks, totaling two five stars along the way. (Gwenpool and Venom) But now that he’s done that, he can’t really progress into Act 6 because not only does he not have a large enough roster, he doesn’t have the champs to work around certain fights like the EMP mod Ultron. His progression is being limited by his roster, not his skill, and that’s a problem.

However, I see your points, and I do think since this is a new book in the contest, four stars not being allowed in higher tier content makes sense. It’s like bringing four stars into chapter 1 of variant 4, not only would it not make sense, they wouldn’t be as useful. The meta has shifted, and will continue to shift, and the content should shift with that meta.
    I didn't mean to suggest that completing Act 6 wasn't about skill. I was speaking to the Progress Gates themselves. I'm sure many people could complete it with their 4*s. They're intended to separate Players by the progress of their Rosters.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

It's not about skill.
    First off, completing content does require skill, and it should be about skill.

His progression is being limited by his roster, not his skill, and that’s a problem.

four stars not being allowed in higher tier content makes sense. The meta has shifted, and will continue to shift, and the content should shift with that meta.
    I can agree with these points, but instead of outright banning 4* from content theyre mostly ineffective in, they shouldnt have a ban and just allow them to stay ineffective in that content.

Edit: they should be allowed to use 4* in that content, even if they arent very effective anymore. You didnt see people trying to beat Act 5 with 3* Champs very often, and even though it wasnt a super good idea, some people still completed Quests in Act 5 with 3* Champions. They didnt need to ban them from that content, people just learned its best not to bring them.
  • Options
    Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

It's not about skill.

His progression is being limited by his roster, not his skill, and that’s a problem.

four stars not being allowed in higher tier content makes sense. The meta has shifted, and will continue to shift, and the content should shift with that meta.
    I can agree with these points, but instead of outright banning 4* from content theyre mostly ineffective in, they shouldnt have a ban and just allow them to stay ineffective in that content.

Edit: they should be allowed to use 4* in that content, even if they arent very effective anymore. You didnt see people trying to beat Act 5 with 3* Champs very often, and even though it wasnt a super good idea, some people still completed Quests in Act 5 with 3* Champions. They didnt need to ban them from that content, people just learned its best not to bring them.

I think what Kabam was trying to do is push the bigger roster like @GroundedWisdom said. Because that makes Kabam more money, and that’s what this boils down to. Kabam making money off of people trying to build a roster so that they can complete content.
  • Options

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

It's not about skill.

Kabam making money off of people trying to build a roster so that they can complete content.
    That makes sense in of itself but they didn't need to place a ban on it when 4* aren't super effective in that content in the first place. They only did it to hinder players whos rosters arent stacked and put a bottleneck on Synergies
  • Options

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

It's not about skill.

I think what Kabam was trying to do is push the bigger roster like @GroundedWisdom said. Because that makes Kabam more money, and that’s what this boils down to. Kabam making money off of people trying to build a roster so that they can complete content.
    I don't think it has to do with making money. I believe it has more to do with Reward appropriation.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Meaning people aren't meant to go from a 4* Roster to accessing 5*s and 6*s at the rate of Cavalier Crystals. Occasionally they sell them, but they're mostly kept behind the Title.
This discussion has been closed.