**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Using a special after a 5 hit combo fixed?

I haven't seen a lot of information about this. I have gathered though, from the old forums, that most every champion should be able to land their special 1-2 after a 5 hit combo without ai blocking. After 12.0 it became almost impossible to hit specials with certain heroes. For example magneto special 2, spiderman/moonknight/jane foster etc. special 1 became basically impossible to get off after a 5 hit combo. I've heard a ton of responses that aren't helpful, saying they learned to do it with 4 hit combo or other workarounds which clearly isn't the point. Was the ai recovery bug causing this? I don't have the ability to test this right now. Does it feel like this is now fixed with the new patch?

Comments

• Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    That's not necessarily a bug. Some champs you can't do a full 5 hit combo then use a special.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    I've seen dissenting opinions on this, and I can remember a time when you could easily land spiderman sp1. What's the determining factor? Travel time, number of combo hits? Having to land one less hit per combo or another workaround such as having to parry first is a critical disadvantage to these characters if it's intended.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Spidey is one where you cut it one short and don't end on heavy. You risk blocking. If you time it perfect it works most of the time if you full combo, but it's not guaranteed. Many people i know never use a full combo for any special. I risk more and only don't for a few but it's not necessarily smart.
  • it was very easy before 12.0 now barely any champ can land any special after a 5 hit combo
    That was my experience as well, and it seemed like the broken ai recovery caused the problem. Any better at all in the new patch?
  • DarkDark Posts: 60
    Never happened with me that AI blocked my specials. some champions have slow animation which gives your opponent enough time to react like Ultron's sp2, Jane's sp1, Electro's sp2. if you want to use those specials without getting blocked, try baiting their dash and when they are dashing towards you, hit them with special
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    It was really easy to hit specials durring combos before , you could combo then special or you could combo then power hit then special an have it hit your enemy. 12.0 caused a lot of issues including this one, it's not really s bug just something they need to tweak and they know about it though no word on possible fixes.

Since 12.0 and the introduction of the challenger rating it's not as easy, yeah they blocked before but now it's kinda riddicouls you can rack up many hit combos the special or a many hit combo with a power hit then special and they somehow block it.

I remember when I was using my star lord, was doing a combo then hit my power hit then imediently hit my special only to have them somehow block it when they were in no postion to do so.

Some characters just get blocked more than others lately , yellowjacket, groot, are two of the ones who seem to always get their level ones blocked a lot in general.

Also in general the an enemy ai does a lot of things they shouldn't be able to do in combat which has been talked about in length in other threads.

A lot of people on the old and new forums have been talking about it, the only problem is on these new forums kabam seems to just close them an other threads instead of continuing to talk to us.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    There are some specials you can't land after a 5-hit combo. I've never been able to land Ultron's l2 after a 5-hit combo. I have to use it after 4 hits. As such, I don't really think this is a bug. Just adapt your game play. If you can't use a special after a 5-hit combo, try it after 4 hits instead.
    spumington wrote: »
    There are some specials you can't land after a 5-hit combo. I've never been able to land Ultron's l2 after a 5-hit combo. I have to use it after 4 hits. As such, I don't really think this is a bug. Just adapt your game play. If you can't use a special after a 5-hit combo, try it after 4 hits instead.

"Adapt." was the modo of Kabam after they screwed up everything in 12.0. There were countless apologies after that because it's literally the worst piece of advice you can give after such a catastrophic failure. You're quoting a meme without realizing it.

No one seems to have a clear cut answer on this which seems really strange. It seems as though maybe some were a little harder to land prior to 12.0 and then a lot more became hard to land after 12.0. That would make sense out of why people have mixed experiences considering ai recovering too quickly was this issue. My theory is just speculation though, would love a confirmed answer.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    This issue has NOT been fixed in the new update. Kabam SPED UP certain specials ON PURPOSE in a patch before 12.0 so they would combo after a 5 hit combo ending with a medium attack.

Specials that USED to combo after 5 hits and/or Kabam patched to increase their speed but NO LONGER COMBO:
    Jane Thor L1
    Iron Man and Superior Iron Man L2
    Yellow Jacket L1
    Abom L2
    Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel L2
    Agent Venom L1 (rarely)
    Iron Fist/Black Panther L1 (rarely)

Specials that have NEVER worked after 5 hits and STILL won't combo (Kabam speed these up please):
    Spiderman/Symbiote Spiderman L1
    Ultron L2
    Magneto/White Magneto L2
    Moonknight L1
    Juggernaut L1
    Scarlet Witch L1
    Electro L2
  • VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    This issue has NOT been fixed in the new update. Kabam SPED UP certain specials ON PURPOSE in a patch before 12.0 so they would combo after a 5 hit combo ending with a medium attack.

Specials that USED to combo after 5 hits and/or Kabam patched to increase their speed but NO LONGER COMBO:
    Jane Thor L1
    Iron Man and Superior Iron Man L2
    Yellow Jacket L1
    Abom L2
    Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel L2
    Agent Venom L1 (rarely)
    Iron Fist/Black Panther L1 (rarely)

Specials that have NEVER worked after 5 hits and STILL won't combo (Kabam speed these up please):
    Spiderman/Symbiote Spiderman L1
    Ultron L2
    Magneto/White Magneto L2
    Moonknight L1
    Juggernaut L1
    Scarlet Witch L1
    Electro L2

Jane - i don't play her so no idea here, same with YJ, Abom, BP, Spidey, Jugg
    IM/SIM - no problem in landing sp2
    MsMarvel - agree, no chance for landing sp2 after combo, same with Ultron
    AV - no problem here,
    IF - same
    Mags - 50/50 somtimes i can land it somtimes not
    MK - I'd say 70/30, I think there's a split sec. moment after landing 5th hit to fire s1 and it connects
    SW - prob. but who would ever use her sp1 instead of sp2
    Electro - same situation as MK, but here its about proximity, if I'm close to opponent then sometimes it connects

But with majority of champs in the game I have no problem at all landing succesful special after mlllm.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Please note that for my list above, and what players are complaining about, only applies to the Hard/Aggressive AI which is present in Duels, AQ Map 5, AW High Tiers, and Arena Fight 20+. Since the AI does vary there are going to be times where these specials connect after a 5 hit combo however in the end game when you're fighting in all these modes the AI consistently blocks or parries these specials meaning a small subset of the champions require the player to do less hits which means lower damage and lower power meter gained.

TL:DR Will these specials sometimes combo? Yes. Can we risk using them in the end game where a blocked special means death? No.
  • xtremegamerxtremegamer Posts: 37
    spumington wrote: »

please try not to teach which you dont know op is right after 12.0 we are not able to land specials either they are blocked or parried by opponent and its not happening in easier quests
    it is happening most often in aq, high tier aw and and in arena after 20 streaks
    for exampleSIM sp2