**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

First 6 Star - How Bad To Feel?

BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
Got my first 6 star today: Yellowjacket. I have no 4/55 5*'s so he is my first champ of that power level.

I know he is definitely not the best, and he barely has any abilities, but are there any niche uses for him? Has he proved to be effective for anyone?

An unrelated question, what is the best way to farm 6* shards on a reoccurring basis, as an uncollected player who has completed act 5? I do UC EQ 100%, but that seems pretty slow, is there anything I am missing?

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    I’m quite sorry- I have a 6* of him. He is pretty abysmal.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★

I’m quite sorry- I have a 6* of him. He is pretty abysmal.

That sucks. How many 6*'s did it take you until a good one?
    jdrum663 said:

Sorry BigBuster, mine was a Deadpool X-Forceless so YJ looks decent to me. I hope your next is good.

Wow. Makes my luck seem CEO

If you dont have an r4 5* yet but your first 6*, then YJ would be solid...

Yeah op, if you don’t have a r4 yet, yellow jacket is a solid mid tier champ, you won’t have the resources to r2 to him anyway and you shouldn’t, but put those iso bricks in him and he will serve you well at the level you are
    I've just completed Act 5 (got uncollected a few weeks ago), just haven't r4 a 5* because all my 5*'s are rank 2, and I don't have the t4cc. I just wanted to know if he had some use in variant and 6.1 that would affect my 5* rank up decisions.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    BigBuster said:

If you dont have an r4 5* yet but your first 6*, then YJ would be solid...

Yeah op, if you don’t have a r4 yet, yellow jacket is a solid mid tier champ, you won’t have the resources to r2 to him anyway and you shouldn’t, but put those iso bricks in him and he will serve you well at the level you are
    I've just completed Act 5 (got uncollected a few weeks ago), just haven't r4 a 5* because all my 5*'s are rank 2, and I don't have the t4cc. I just wanted to know if he had some use in variant and 6.1 that would affect my 5* rank up decisions.
    if you dont have an r4 5* yet, don't think about Variants or Act 6 yet lol.

if you dont have an r4 5* yet, don't think about Variants or Act 6 yet lol.

I did the first quest of Variant 4 and Variant 3. Variant 4 was w/o revives (r3 She-Hulk OP) and Variant 3 was with 1 revive (5/50 Ghost, 2/35 Sentinel, 4/40 Warlock). I was full boosted though.
    Sungj said:

I'll be honest the people here are being far too generous. Yellowjacket in the current state of the game is one of the worst 6 star champions. I don't know if people just don't remember his abilities but his damage at the best of times is below average and that's dependent on the opponent using their specials which 1 isn't always what you want and two not always what possible because simply the AI is not cooperating and then his damage becomes literally as vanilla as possible. On top of that, he has no utility, most bad six stars have at least one immunity but yellow jacket literally has no utility to speak of unduped. He will help you through act 5 just because of the fact he has better stats than lower-ranked champions but if you are either low on gold or low on ISO it's actually better to invest on getting good 5 stars up to rank 3 first. "god tier" or "demi-god tier" 5 stars at rank 3 will out more than likely damage a rank 1 six-star yellow jacket and have far more utility and long term value.

Yeah, I figured that out after some testing. His damage was so bad, and he does basically nothing. Any tips for 6 star shard farming so I can get another chance at a good one?
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    My first and only is sentinel
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    Not to feel bad , feel bad when you get 10th champ also one of the trash champ
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    First 6* is YJ? Pssshhhh, that's nothing... now if you were to pull a 6* Moonknight uuuuhhhh...
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Oh, and, you should be grateful you have a 6* when your best champ is a 5* R3
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

I'll be honest the people here are being far too generous. Yellowjacket in the current state of the game is one of the worst 6 star champions. I don't know if people just don't remember his abilities but his damage at the best of times is below average and that's dependent on the opponent using their specials which 1 isn't always what you want and two not always what possible because simply the AI is not cooperating and then his damage becomes literally as vanilla as possible. On top of that, he has no utility, most bad six stars have at least one immunity but yellow jacket literally has no utility to speak of unduped. He will help you through act 5 just because of the fact he has better stats than lower-ranked champions but if you are either low on gold or low on ISO it's actually better to invest on getting good 5 stars up to rank 3 first. "god tier" or "demi-god tier" 5 stars at rank 3 will out more than likely damage a rank 1 six-star yellow jacket and have far more utility and long term value.

Most bad 6*s have at least one immunity? You mean like dpx, Juggs, Storm, Diablo, Yondu, Rocket, HB, Mags, Cyclops, Cyclops, Miles, Beast, BP, CW, Electra, DD, Jane... I could go on. This just isn't true. YJ isn't amazing but he is solid and for the cost of a little ISO and gold he can help OP at this point in the game. Power sting is nice if you can bait the special.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Got electro. Pretty useless imo but it’s like a free Rank 4 5 star once you level them up so it’s not too bad
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    BigBuster said:

Got my first 6 star today: Yellowjacket. I have no 4/55 5*'s so he is my first champ of that power level.

I know he is definitely not the best, and he barely has any abilities, but are there any niche uses for him? Has he proved to be effective for anyone?

An unrelated question, what is the best way to farm 6* shards on a reoccurring basis, as an uncollected player who has completed act 5? I do UC EQ 100%, but that seems pretty slow, is there anything I am missing?

He’s very pedestrian but does have a use in a the power sting lane of 6.4 if you’re pushed for options, though I appreciate that’s probably not happening this year for you if you’re on your first 6*.

Outside of permanent content and monthly MEQ your only source of 6* shards is duping 5*. Once you reach a certain stage most of your 5* will be dupes so you’ll probably pull in around 750-1000 extra shards/month that way. Outside of the players with huge rosters who are getting max Sig 4* every pull and duping/max Sig every 5*, 6* is a slow game.

Being Gold2+ AW gets you a monthly drop of 6* too.

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    If you don’t have any 4/55 champs then I would count your blessing with a yellow jacket. Probably haven’t done toooo much content and he can help once you take him to 1/25. You don’t have fully developed roster so any 6 stat really will help. He has power sting, good synergies and decent on defense in the tier you are probably in.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    good on defense he can be pretty annoying with his power sting
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    BigBuster said:

My first was jane foster. Recently I got a domino. Yes, don't lose hope. Later u will get good champ. Also u don't have any 5★ rank 4 yet. So having a 6★ in that level worth soo much.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Sungj said:

Most bad 6*s have at least one immunity? You mean like dpx, Juggs, Storm, Diablo, Yondu, Rocket, HB, Mags, Cyclops, Cyclops, Miles, Beast, BP, CW, Electra, DD, Jane... I could go on. This just isn't true. YJ isn't amazing but he is solid and for the cost of a little ISO and gold he can help OP at this point in the game. Power sting is nice if you can bait the special.
    Beast and CW have bleed resistance.