**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Man, I don’t want to sound like a broke record here...

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

You don't have to waste your units in Act 6 If you don't have the right counters for every Quest. It's not right to say that we need Max 5 Stars or r2 6 Stars to complete every Lane, If you are skilled enough than r3 5* will also get you the job done

R3 5 stars give me a break man.....
    No different than people wanting to bring their 4*s. Lol.
    There is something called synergies
    don’t get GW started on that topic again. Got into an argument with TimeFishy that made miike shut down an entire thread.
    I was being trolled. Takes a minute sometimes.
  • Options
    gianleo said:

Zuro said:

You don't have to waste your units in Act 6 If you don't have the right counters for every Quest. It's not right to say that we need Max 5 Stars or r2 6 Stars to complete every Lane, If you are skilled enough than r3 5* will also get you the job done

Dont educate him. He wants to be illiterate forever on that fact. Ppl keeps telling how hard to pull 5* or 6* Heimdall for synergy but he keeps being blunt with his ignorant replies. I bet even when ppl have a 5* or 6* Heimdall, he is not gonna participate in a single fight in act 6. The one who disagees with my saying 6.2 is the most hated thing in game is definitely him too.
    P/s: Btw, 6.2 gets gold medal then GW wins the silver one, congrats
    That's a great deal of assumptions and assertions based on one comment. You can't speak for what I will and will not do, and I definitely didn't disagree that 6.2 is the most hated thing. I said it's absurd for people to expect to bring 4*s into Act 6. I'm fully aware of Synergies, but people depending on a 4* Roster have no business doing Act 6.
  • Options
    Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 95
    Well, I can't say it's easy, but I explore act 6 atm. Every path takes like 100-300 units while I have only 5/65 without any single 6* 2/35.
    Quake and ghost are my absolute unitsavers, if you don't have them or can't play at a high level, you might have problems, ye
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Well at least theres one thing for sure that I think we can all agree on...6 Star sig stones definitely should be a bit harder to get, I mean am I right guys!
  • Options
    ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99

Air98 said:

Ok, I hated Act 6 as much as the next guy... but you’re beating a dead horse at this point.

People should keep reiterating this until Kabam makes a change. No one is forcing you to listen to it.
    Nobody is forcing you to listen to me either but hey... here you are 🙂👍
    And this, folks, is how people dont understand the concept of opinions and probably everything that's wrong with the world today
  • Options
    ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99

lol yeah i'd love to see the person who completed it with r3 5* champs

Hey dont sleep on my r3 quake ........ and all the units and revives i had to use ...... in 6.1 only.....wouldnt dare go any further lol
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★

Spoken like someone who has clearly not done act 6. Even KT1 wouldn’t even try act 6 with r3 5*s not even sure he would try it with r4 5*s. Until you post a video of you clearing a path in act with nothing but r3 5* I’ll have to assume you don’t know what you’re talking about. It took Brian Grant months to do 6.2 item less with max 5* he didn’t even try to do the rest of act 6 that way. Those are 2 very skilled players
    I used r4 bwcv for biohasard path while making some exploration in 6.1 without suicides. She alone cleared all the path for me easily, didn't use a single revive or hp. Her damage wasn't good, so I decided not to r5 her, but that only proves you can use some more powerful r3 5*. Or could've use r5 4*, if not those stupid gates. And I'm far from being the best player.
    Also If I was going to complete act 6 on my second account and could use my 4*, I probably would've take some of those 4* to r5, because 5* I have are very bad all except corvis, it's enough for completion. Could be the case for many other players. I actually know a lot of players with solid 5* r5 roster who are not going to explore act 6.
    And as said above, synergies
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Right now I'd be happy if kabam just make all moves cost 1 energy.

That, please doing away with Champion 6.2.6 😊
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah I’m with you on this, I’ve got revives expiring and am at Almost exactly the same stage as you, having done 6 through once, It just wasn’t fun and no way I’m going to try 100% it for now. Having got aegon recently I might save up to try an abyss run, but he’s only on sig 80 so gives me a few more months to up that and save up units, and I could 100% labyrinth but I went for a run last month and the fights were just soooo loong. And the rewards for it are outdated now anyway. right now everything fun has been done. And the grind for gold to stop all these cats from act 6 explo just isn’t letting up.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    DNA3000 said:

gianleo said:

Zuro said:

Dont educate him. He wants to be illiterate forever on that fact. Ppl keeps telling how hard to pull 5* or 6* Heimdall for synergy but he keeps being blunt with his ignorant replies. I bet even when ppl have a 5* or 6* Heimdall, he is not gonna participate in a single fight in act 6. The one who disagees with my saying 6.2 is the most hated thing in game is definitely him too.
    That's a great deal of assumptions and assertions based on one comment. You can't speak for what I will and will not do, and I definitely didn't disagree that 6.2 is the most hated thing. I said it's absurd for people to expect to bring 4*s into Act 6. I'm fully aware of Synergies, but people depending on a 4* Roster have no business doing Act 6.
    I didn't oppose the gates when they first came out, and I don't have a personal problem with them now, but I now think that the 5* gate and the Act 6 content are an incompatible pair. Which is to say, the 5* gate is fine if Act 6 were designed in a different way, and Act 6's difficulty design would be more logical if the gate didn't exist, but the combination is actually nonsensical in a very specific way.

Act 6 is the end of a story arc, not the beginning of one. It should be a culmination of the progress players have made up to that point. Players should have been progressing in two ways. They should have been making rosters stronger (i.e. higher rank). And they should also have been making them wider (more different champs). Act 6 demands both: strong champs, and for most players a wide assortment of them to counter many different fights.

We should have expected that players would be building that deep bench. But the 5* gate cuts off the majority of the roster. You could argue that 4* champs aren't strong enough anyway, but if that were true there would be no reason to gate them. Instead the content says you have to have a deep bench of champs, and the gate says the vast majority of work you've done to build that roster doesn't count.

Maybe that might have made sense in Book 2. But it doesn't make sense in Act 6. If you cut off most of a player's champs with the 5* gate, then Act 6 should have focused on fights with a wide range of counters, not a narrow one. From a pure game design perspective, if you're only going to let players use a limited subset of champions, then you have to increase the likelihood they will have a useful set of them. And from a psychological perspective, I have come to believe that Act 6 sends the wrong psychological message, that your earlier progress doesn't matter. Especially when we now know Act 6 is the end of the road for Book 1, Act 6 should have sent the message that this is where you throw everything you have at it, and then we start anew in Book 2. Instead there isn't that sense of closure with Book 1.

My roster is pretty deep, and the gates don't hurt me much. And I'm willing to just keep playing until I get a champ if I think I need it. The gates don't hurt my enjoyment of the game. You could even argue that the gates *help* me, because as an arena grinder and as someone who is capable of building roster, I have an advantage over the average player. Act 6 rewards will eventually give me a huge advantage over players with much more limited rosters. And I even argued initially that the gates were fine when they came out. So I serve no self-interest in saying I think in retrospect they are actually a mistake in the content.

There's a difference between saying someone with only a 4* roster should expect to be able to complete Act 6, and saying someone who relies on some 4* champs for certain things should be able to use them. The first one is ridiculous: such a player hasn't made enough progress to demand that. But if all you have is 4* Hulk Ragnarok to try to take down Sinister and the game says you can't use it, that's different. You have to justify that decision, and if Sinister had a broad range of counters you could tell a player to sit down and wait until they pulled one of them. But if Sinister has only a handful of counters and the player might have to wait literally years before they pulled them, and this appears in content intended to guide players towards progressing in the game to me that's wrong.
    I agree as well. After I commented that, I went back and debated saying that they could theoretically allow 4*s for Synergy purposes and gate the Fights themselves. The narrowness of Act 6 is definitely another layer, but it's separate from the point I was trying to make. I just don't feel that the content should be accessible to people with underdeveloped Rosters and some OP 4*s. Which are a great deal easier to Sig, and acquire. In general, I just don't think it's healthy to allow access to underdeveloped Rosters.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Yes it is, 4 stars are wanted for synergies and mainly 6.1, maybe 1 or 2 fights elsewhere, nobody ever said they are going to explore the whole act with 4 stars
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Yes it is, 4 stars are wanted for synergies and mainly 6.1, maybe 1 or 2 fights elsewhere, nobody ever said they are going to explore the whole act with 4 stars
    Actually, I've heard the argument frequently that people should be allowed to use their 4*s to do it, because it's skill.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ said:

DNA3000 said:

gianleo said:

Zuro said:

I didn't oppose the gates when they first came out, and I don't have a personal problem with them now, but I now think that the 5* gate and the Act 6 content are an incompatible pair. Which is to say, the 5* gate is fine if Act 6 were designed in a different way, and Act 6's difficulty design would be more logical if the gate didn't exist, but the combination is actually nonsensical in a very specific way.

Act 6 is the end of a story arc, not the beginning of one. It should be a culmination of the progress players have made up to that point. Players should have been progressing in two ways. They should have been making rosters stronger (i.e. higher rank). And they should also have been making them wider (more different champs). Act 6 demands both: strong champs, and for most players a wide assortment of them to counter many different fights.

We should have expected that players would be building that deep bench. But the 5* gate cuts off the majority of the roster. You could argue that 4* champs aren't strong enough anyway, but if that were true there would be no reason to gate them. Instead the content says you have to have a deep bench of champs, and the gate says the vast majority of work you've done to build that roster doesn't count.

Maybe that might have made sense in Book 2. But it doesn't make sense in Act 6. If you cut off most of a player's champs with the 5* gate, then Act 6 should have focused on fights with a wide range of counters, not a narrow one. From a pure game design perspective, if you're only going to let players use a limited subset of champions, then you have to increase the likelihood they will have a useful set of them. And from a psychological perspective, I have come to believe that Act 6 sends the wrong psychological message, that your earlier progress doesn't matter. Especially when we now know Act 6 is the end of the road for Book 1, Act 6 should have sent the message that this is where you throw everything you have at it, and then we start anew in Book 2. Instead there isn't that sense of closure with Book 1.

My roster is pretty deep, and the gates don't hurt me much. And I'm willing to just keep playing until I get a champ if I think I need it. The gates don't hurt my enjoyment of the game. You could even argue that the gates *help* me, because as an arena grinder and as someone who is capable of building roster, I have an advantage over the average player. Act 6 rewards will eventually give me a huge advantage over players with much more limited rosters. And I even argued initially that the gates were fine when they came out. So I serve no self-interest in saying I think in retrospect they are actually a mistake in the content.

There's a difference between saying someone with only a 4* roster should expect to be able to complete Act 6, and saying someone who relies on some 4* champs for certain things should be able to use them. The first one is ridiculous: such a player hasn't made enough progress to demand that. But if all you have is 4* Hulk Ragnarok to try to take down Sinister and the game says you can't use it, that's different. You have to justify that decision, and if Sinister had a broad range of counters you could tell a player to sit down and wait until they pulled one of them. But if Sinister has only a handful of counters and the player might have to wait literally years before they pulled them, and this appears in content intended to guide players towards progressing in the game to me that's wrong.
    I agree as well. After I commented that, I went back and debated saying that they could theoretically allow 4*s for Synergy purposes and gate the Fights themselves. The narrowness of Act 6 is definitely another layer, but it's separate from the point I was trying to make. I just don't feel that the content should be accessible to people with underdeveloped Rosters and some OP 4*s. Which are a great deal easier to Sig, and acquire. In general, I just don't think it's healthy to allow access to underdeveloped Rosters.
    Firstly, the only reason for the need of synergies like heimdall, was created by kabam. Not summoners desire to prematurely take on advanced content. They said they’d stop using class gates... so they created a web of nodes that at times limit viable champs down to 2-3 out of the 150 or whatever available.

Secondly, why should anyone care if someone can make an initial pass through content with a few 4*s on their team? The attack and health pools are so great after 6.2, if they can do it... they deserve it lmao.

I can’t believe your still arguing about the same thing with people. GW, what percentage of Act 6 have you cleared? I think I’m around 80%.
    It's a problem when we have people barely even learning the skills they need or advancing their Accounts enough before piling through Storymode. I've seen a number here. They've started some months ago, blasted through to Act 5 because they've watched some YouTube, and their progress is in limbo. Players aren't meant to take a few OP Champs and steam roll through content without spending significant time advancing their Rosters and skills. Of course they desire it. They want to skip the wait and get to bigger Rewards.
    As for the Gates, they were pretty clear that they would be using more of them in the future. Gates aren't the same as narrow Fights. That's a whole other discussion, and I agree that there is a counterproductive point of too narrow.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

DNA3000 said:

gianleo said:

Zuro said:

Firstly, the only reason for the need of synergies like heimdall, was created by kabam. Not summoners desire to prematurely take on advanced content. They said they’d stop using class gates... so they created a web of nodes that at times limit viable champs down to 2-3 out of the 150 or whatever available.

Secondly, why should anyone care if someone can make an initial pass through content with a few 4*s on their team? The attack and health pools are so great after 6.2, if they can do it... they deserve it lmao.

I can’t believe your still arguing about the same thing with people. GW, what percentage of Act 6 have you cleared? I think I’m around 80%.
    It's a problem when we have people barely even learning the skills they need or advancing their Accounts enough before piling through Storymode. I've seen a number here. They've started some months ago, blasted through to Act 5 because they've watched some YouTube, and their progress is in limbo. Players aren't meant to take a few OP Champs and steam roll through content without spending significant time advancing their Rosters and skills. Of course they desire it. They want to skip the wait and get to bigger Rewards.
    As for the Gates, they were pretty clear that they would be using more of them in the future. Gates aren't the same as narrow Fights. That's a whole other discussion, and I agree that there is a counterproductive point of too narrow.
    @GroundedWisdom how much of Act 6 have you completed?
    What does that have anything to do with what I just said? Don't divert the subject.
  • Options
    Your point is moot. Asking if I've ever done it serves one of 3 purposes.
    1. Either you're implying that my view is invalid because I don't agree that they should be allowed, but that's a contradiction in and of itself because the majority of people asking for them to be allowed haven't done it either. You can't have validation both ways.
    2. Either you're implying that I don't know what I'm talking about in terms of how narrow and resticting the Fights are, but that would be obtusely redundant because I've never argued against that. In fact, I just agreed that was the case.
    3. You're just trying to work in a peeing contest to the conversation. Sorry, but I'm not interested in comparing during Social Distancing. It's not safe.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

gianleo said:

Zuro said:

I I opposed the gates from the start for this very reason. I was cavalier in the first week but just recently completed 6.2 after finally getting a counter to sinister. Even after that fight I was thankful for my void when I hit mordo. That fight could be done with a 3 or 4* void easier than 90% of my 5* or 6* roster. Being an arena grinder myself I've had no issues building a deep roster but pulling the handful of counters needed to beat some of these node combinations makes every crystal opening more depressing when you don't pull the champ you needed. I didn't even bother to rank hemdall when I finally pulled him since he was purely synergy at that point. Back to that mordo fight it's a resource pit if you lack power control and even with void it was purely luck getting the petrified debuff first. Once under the debuffs and * of void would work since you spend the whole fight evading and only hitting into his block.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ said:

Your point is moot. Asking if I've ever done it serves one of 3 purposes.
    1. Either you're implying that my view is invalid because I don't agree that they should be allowed, but that's a contradiction in and of itself because the majority of people asking for them to be allowed haven't done it either. You can't have validation both ways.
    2. Either you're implying that I don't know what I'm talking about in terms of how narrow and resticting the Fights are, but that would be obtusely redundant because I've never argued against that. In fact, I just agreed that was the case.
    3. You're just trying to work in a peeing contest to the conversation. Sorry, but I'm not interested in comparing during Social Distancing. It's not safe.

Nope. My point is what you are making an illogical and/or incoherent argument, it’s always from a position that lacks understanding and defaults to Kabam’s intentions being about the quality and “diversity” of the game.

Even if someone wanted to pay their way through Act 6... they’d simply buy crystals, get the champs to do it and spend through. Kabam did it to create a level of difficulty that would essentially force spending. Same reason why AoL exists before we have R5 6*s. Whales will always pay. 🤷‍♂️ It’s really simple in the end.
    No, it's not just about spending. That's always been in the game, and not every requirement that comes out has that as an end goal. It's meant to separate levels of progress.
    As for your previous point about AOL, that's a finite piece of content. It doesn't provide recurring Rewards like Cavalier does.