Frustration on Arena's Death Match

2»

Comments

• NmbghjjuNmbghjju Member Posts: 22
    I can totally understand the need for specific pairings to avoid death matches, but I am more curious as to why two different people doing arena at the same time, using the same team pairings, the team with higher total rating gets the death match while the lower one doesn't (refer to my first post)?

I also found out that a specific team pairings may not get death match on the first day of arena, but starts to get death matches on the 2nd and 3rd day.

It is weird how this is happening.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Nmbghjju said:

I can totally understand the need for specific pairings to avoid death matches, but I am more curious as to why two different people doing arena at the same time, using the same team pairings, the team with higher total rating gets the death match while the lower one doesn't (refer to my first post)?

I also found out that a specific team pairings may not get death match on the first day of arena, but starts to get death matches on the 2nd and 3rd day.

It is weird how this is happening.

1) based on my observations it isn’t about the rating most people think of; it’s base hero rating before being awakened.

2)It appears to be a chance to get a death match when the team is near the threshold of a guaranteed death match.

3) There are different pools for arena matches and those individual pools may have different rating requirements that cause death matches.
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Member Posts: 296 ★★★
    Just reset my streak using only four stars. Got through match 15 fine. Loaded three 5/50 four stars for the next match and drew a death match. Beat that, loaded for the next match after win 16, again using 5/50 four stars and drew another death match. Beat that one, too, but if this is the new normal for arenas, then they can have it. I don’t have time to be fighting 49k opposing teams with four stars in the arena after my streak is set. Kabam is really screwing up the game.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,256 Guardian
    FabiusBR said:

Just reset my streak using only four stars. Got through match 15 fine. Loaded three 5/50 four stars for the next match and drew a death match. Beat that, loaded for the next match after win 16, again using 5/50 four stars and drew another death match. Beat that one, too, but if this is the new normal for arenas, then they can have it. I don’t have time to be fighting 49k opposing teams with four stars in the arena after my streak is set. Kabam is really screwing up the game.

Your streak isn’t “set” once your hit Streak=15. You need to still use some higher ones and gradually are able to reduce it over the next several matches. 4* 5/50 for the first immediate match once at Streak=15 (in 5* Feature Arena) may not be sufficient (although it will be way more than enough once you are at either 18 or 20).

I wouldn’t be safe using whatever I see is my lowest acceptable team until at least 22.
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Member Posts: 296 ★★★

FabiusBR said:

Your streak isn’t “set” once your hit Streak=15. You need to still use some higher ones and gradually are able to reduce it over the next several matches. 4* 5/50 for the first immediate match once at Streak=15 (in 5* Feature Arena) may not be sufficient (although it will be way more than enough once you are at either 18 or 20).

I wouldn’t be safe using whatever I see is my lowest acceptable team until at least 22.
    I’ve been playing this game since 2014. I know that going “weak” at 16 can draw a death match. This is the first time that 5/50 four stars were too weak to avoid death matches In any arena at any point in a streak or setting a streak. That means the arena is changing. I don’t like the change and I’m simply letting Kabam know my view.