**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So its not fixed?

Comments

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    If 20% of the general population understands RNG, and all 175 people gathered in a room do not..

Is it rigged?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

At 80/20 the odds of not getting the 5 star is 0.8 raised to the power of the number of crystals opened. If you open 35, the odds of not getting a 5 star are 0.8^35 or 0.0004. Pretty slim odds. We can at least agree on that?

Someone disagrees with this? How so? Because it wasn’t rendered as a %?

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal said:

If 20% of the general population understands RNG, and all 175 people gathered in a room do not..

Is it rigged?

7, the answer you are looking for is 7.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Don’t bust your brain mehnnn.
  • LAZY_DOLPHINLAZY_DOLPHIN Posts: 5
    Have you guys ever heard of the law or large numbers with enough data and “trials” this case crystal openings eventually you’ll see it’s truly 80% for a 4* and 20% for a 5* but this is after millions of times not 35 then saying it’s rigged just saying
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    After reading all of this
    Simple, don’t buy legendary crystals
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I opened 3 and got a 5* Bishop
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Fastchoke said:

I've probably have opened more. Are you calling me a liar?

"Is that like a personal attack or something?"
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Its not the whole amount crystals, its individual crystal with the odds. example if you have 10% chance to pull a 5* and you have a 100 crystals peeps be thinking I should get at least 10 5*. The odds reset per crystal. I understand the OP frustration playing for awhile got these sweet crystals think today is the day I get my 5* Domino then bam! heck no not bam, KABAM !! kick to the junk. It sucks seeing lvl 55 or less peeps flexing the 5 star pulls and were over here with our 5* R1 maxed sig Groot ...lol
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

Rulllor said:

The whole game is rigged but thats how it's designed otherwise it wouldn't be as successful.

Here's a video from one of the games content creator explaining some of Kabam's patents that may shed some light on your 'mystery box' pulls

https://youtu.be/rEtxmHgZ35c

@Rulllor prof Hoff is not a content creator. This video doesn't prove anything other than you can't think for yourself. When a YouTuber has to say "the data" like 10 times in a video but not present any data, they shouldn't be trusted.

The patent debate has been around for years and not once has anyone been able to show that it exists in the game.
    I agree with what you're saying but you cant deny prof Hoff is a content creator.
    He is not in the ccp but he is still a content creator. One that should never be listened too though
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    Rulllor said:

The whole game is rigged but thats how it's designed otherwise it wouldn't be as successful.

Here's a video from one of the games content creator explaining some of Kabam's patents that may shed some light on your 'mystery box' pulls

A company can have a patent for something that is never implemented. Happens all the time.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    The theory isn’t that spenders necessarily get more, it’s common knowledge in gacha Games that there is a science at squeezing the most out of people that they can.they Also target addictive spenders and hold out on them because they Know they will spend more until they get the champ they want,
    I tried to get the 4* theory discussed years ago, my last 4 4*s I was missing for years were all god tier or beyond. Personally I suspect this was active but they had to clean this up when they had to publish drop rates, but I have accidentally spent units on a Phc twice in this game, both times were 4*s, that theory is that they reward people who start spending units or money. years ago there was a guy who started thousands of accounts to test different things and completely confirmed a data bias that if accounts went inactive for a long period of time they were rewarded with a god tier champ On the next crystal they opened when they logged back in after that long time. Technically this could be all that the patent is used for. There clearly are tiers of champs recognised by Kabam like when you spin crystals The **** champ you pull is nearly always surrounded by god tier champs whenever you spin the reel, not saying that proves anything except that Kabam have clearly got ranks of champs and can in some circumstances use those pulls as reward
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155

Rulllor said:

@Rulllor prof Hoff is not a content creator. This video doesn't prove anything other than you can't think for yourself. When a YouTuber has to say "the data" like 10 times in a video but not present any data, they shouldn't be trusted.

The patent debate has been around for years and not once has anyone been able to show that it exists in the game.
    The technology is there. Kabam spent the money to research, build, test, run focus groups, and file the patent and you're saying after this much money and effort spent they wouldn't implement this functionality in all their games as a standard?

The concept is sound, using spending metrics (ie spending habits, total money spent, period of time when the user last spent, etc) to adjust the probabilities. Basically reward/penalize players to keep them engaged.

No brainer really but you do you bruh

TwmR said:

Rulllor said:

I agree with what you're saying but you cant deny prof Hoff is a content creator.
    He is not in the ccp but he is still a content creator. One that should never be listened too though
    Well label me a content creator then lol.

TwmR said:

Rulllor said:

Well label me a content creator then lol.
    If you create content then yes you are.
    Also just looked up that floating warehouse thing, that's amazing
    I have a friend who runs a groundbreaking company , gps tracking at events, you go to a major event, get an app on your phone or a bracelet which you have to use to enter competitions or buy food, and they track every step you take to see what stalls get the most time spent, the flow of traffic, what displays make people stop and engage the longest etc, gapcha games and the science behind how to squeeze the most out of people is a billion dollar industry with unbelievably close attention paid to every cent spent, this is a nine figure game, itself. straight naivety to think That they wouldn’t use any metrics they can to enhance spending, whether they are doing it or not I’m on the fence, Famous examples of games giving different offers to spenders and non spenders (non spenders offered things for less to entice them to develop a habit of actually spending money) inciting major unrest within a game. It’s a tread carefully and sneakily scenario. the rewards system I talked about has been confirmed and is in no way sinister, they throw a bone to people who haven’t played in ages to try and get them interested again. Makes sense, anybody who denies that much is purely naive
    Same as the cheap unit offer you get when you first start playing the game, keeps climbing up to 1300 units or so until you actually break the seal and decide to spend a little money on the game, Forms a habit, great business strategy. simple, makes sense, clear and obvious marketing strategy
    Speeds80 said:

I have a friend who runs a groundbreaking company , gps tracking at events, you go to a major event, get an app on your phone or a bracelet which you have to use to enter competitions or buy food, and they track every step you take to see what stalls get the most time spent, the flow of traffic, what displays make people stop and engage the longest etc, gapcha games and the science behind how to squeeze the most out of people is a billion dollar industry with unbelievably close attention paid to every cent spent, this is a nine figure game, itself. straight naivety to think That they wouldn’t use any metrics they can to enhance spending, whether they are doing it or not I’m on the fence, Famous examples of games giving different offers to spenders and non spenders (non spenders offered things for less to entice them to develop a habit of actually spending money) inciting major unrest within a game. It’s a tread carefully and sneakily scenario. the rewards system I talked about has been confirmed and is in no way sinister, they throw a bone to people who haven’t played in ages to try and get them interested again. Makes sense, anybody who denies that much is purely naive

When has this game ever offered any deals that were different for spenders and non-spenders?
    Speeds80 said:

Same as the cheap unit offer you get when you first start playing the game, keeps climbing up to 1300 units or so until you actually break the seal and decide to spend a little money on the game, Forms a habit, great business strategy. simple, makes sense, clear and obvious marketing strategy

So when does this cheap unit offer start climbing up then?
    I've been playing ftp for 3 1/2 years and it's still the same as day one
    TwmR said:

Speeds80 said:

So when does this cheap unit offer start climbing up then?
    I've been playing ftp for 3 1/2 years and it's still the same as day one
    It climbs from 300 units to 1300 or whatever (it was 4 years ago for me) then it sits at 1300 forever
This discussion has been closed.