**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I leave my alliance?

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
Hello everyone! I find myself in a situation where I'm currently in an alliance that I have outgrown, but have grown quite attached to. We're down 7 members and have 5 members that are below the minimum requirements for the ally. I honestly feel like it would be best for my progression to leave, but I would feel guilty leaving an already damaged alliance.
I've mostly wanted to move up in hopes of finding more motivation to play, since I've been kinda burned out and tired of the same repetitive stuff for low rewards.
Nobody has really done any recruiting in the ally besides me and we've been falling short of everyone's expectations in AQ and AW for months now. Please help me decide what I should do.

Should I leave my alliance? 144 votes

Yes, move up to a higher up alliance
75%
Kaycg1LeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusChadhoganJa1970Timone147Erza_ScarletPiviotTendersquadJadedzuffyage_of_andycapDuMonUManup456Smokely7TJ82Bpn88855LibralonixArydhdhPatchie93 109 votes
No, stay in your alliance
0%
Carx2912 1 vote
Take a break from alliances for a while
9%
JohnPaulBusuKoperBoyMenkentScholiaJustcause102Dead1Hera1d_of_Ga1actusAaronc94DeathLoveThicco_ModeCtfz35XanthiaSlayerzz 13 votes
Keep trying to recruit and leave if it doesn't work
11%
GodrohrDipseyMaster3418Archdemon_Kade7175BoosterStqtsChampioncriticXva23LordNeoDJMNHKeepinItRealCaptainPollCHIEF1121ContenderJMuffinBrainBossman_Raahul 16 votes
Other option.
3%
CassyBulmktNo_oneukUsername19273Manthaz 5 votes

Comments

• CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    Keep trying to recruit and leave if it doesn't work
    u can try to rebuild ur ally, but believe me it wont feel bad once u have been in some ally for few days, u can later come back to jr present ally if u want some rest
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you've outgrown it and you have aspirations you should move on.
  • Blizzard28Blizzard28 Posts: 90
    Move to a high tier alliance with a bunch of ur friends if u wish
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I feel the same about my alliance
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I was in the same situation years ago I wanted more than my alliance could offer but had a tight bond with them. It took a failed attempt of making a higher tier sister alliance for me to finally make the move for a better alliance. Since then I've kept in contact with a few guys from that original alliance and have actually seen them eventually push up to higher levels of play as well.

End of the day do what keeps this game fun for you. Just cause you leave an alliance doesn't mean you gotta just stop talking to your friends from there
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    To share with you a phase: 斷捨離
    In Japanese: danshari
    In Marvel, like Crossbones quote what WS said: "Please tell Rogers, when you gotta go, you gotta go."
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Never stay for too long, it’s a game and you’re only in it because it helps your progression
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    Honestly your gaming experience is for you and it should be fun and challenging. If it's not bringing those then just say your good-byes and find a better fit. Finding a good Alliance that suits your play is great and there's plenty of them don't be afraid to try
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Even though I selected this, I feel exactly the same and don't know what to do. There are quite a few very capable players in my group, but far too many of them don't have enough involvement for my liking. I don't like 'change' but I'm sure it will be OK in the end.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    So, funny story.

About a week ago, I was an officer in an ally with some friends. It had been the only ally I had ever joined, and it was great. Then, everyone stopped doing AW and AQ and we were down to nine members. I didn’t want to leave, but for the sake of progression and rewards, i had too.
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Yeah, especially if you are the only one recruiting. Looks like you are more attached than the others.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    I was in a dead alliance for far longer than I should've been. It really stunted my progress in the game and then right before the gifting event last year I started searching for a new alliance and it was the best decision I've made. We did just recently go through a rebuild where a lot of our stronger members left and now are not as strong as before, but we're getting better.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I was in a alliance that never communicated with each other as a result i left it and now i am very good ally
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    This is a clear example of staying in a broken relationship hoping it will become better. And not wanting to leave because of the other person.
    This is your game. And it is great if you find people that play like you and that you can enjoy playing with.
    But in the end it is you who has to log in and progress the way you want to.

And most of the times, if you have to ask something, you probably should do it. Because deep down you really want to.

I now see you already decided. But I`ll leave this piece of text here anyway in case you are starting to get doupts.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    So reason I say this is I’ve been in your shoes. Pulling all the weight, recruiting and filling the holes, and really putting a ton of effort into an alliance.

Finally I couldn’t anymore and instead of changing alliances I stopped playing for a solid 8 months. I waited too long and burnt myself completely out of the games.

What I would do in your shoes if you are loyal as I was when I quit the game that time is recruit to fill the current holes but include yourself in that recruitment. Fill your own hole. Help leave them in the best place you can and communicate with the right timeline so there is no hard feeling. Don’t just dip as that’s really crummy when anyone does it but a long time player feels like a shot in the chest to the remaining morale.

That alliance survived but has to rethink what they wanted and calibrate with what was possible.

Honestly sometimes alliances hold on to expectations they can’t meet anymore while rebuilding or in general some player there cannot attain. If you are a loyal player to alliances you will see this as you grow out of the alliances you are in as your skill grows.

The best thing to do as you outgrow alliances is communicate. A season just started. Like I would tell my kids you started the season finish it. But tell them now this is it. And next offseason you are done. That is the only thing anyone can truly expect. If you really care about the alliance then try to help fill them up and even your one spot before you leave if recruiting is your thing for them. From there they will have to figure it out.

Don’t stay forever though as eventually you will burn out.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I just left an alliance I had been with for the longest time. It was hard, as they were all great people, but I’m the long run the rewards were worth it.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    People's priorities and commitments to the game change. If how much you play and what you want out of the game has been 'outgrown' from what your alliance can provide, move on. There is no shame in it. Best that all alliance members be on a very similar page and are content with the progress and rewards that are earned as a team. You can still be friends with the the ally mates you leave. I have Line chat groups w/ players that are no longer in the same ally or no longer playing the game to keep in touch because there was a friend relationship built and don't have to be in the same alliance to keep it.
  • Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    Leave on good terms, and if u find yourself in a better one, u can bring them over, keep in contact
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    If you’re in an alliance that 25% duds that’s probably one of the reasons you’re burnt out.

Go for an upgraded map and see how you handle it while you have no ties - if you’re able to pull your weight awesome, if not there’s no shame in dropping back down for a little bit.

I think that a lot of players that have aspirations to hit the top end of the game move alliances a lot before they come close to settling. In your first year or so you’ve got to find the balance between shards and rank up materials, and they don’t necessarily come at the right rate for you as a player so it might be worth focussing on AW for a couple of months, then switching back to AQ if you need rank up materials more later. Also you don’t know what your skill level is until you push. My first week of Map 6 was awful, the second was better and now I’m offended if I have to use items. There will be players that just breeze through it from day 1 and some will never get it.

If you intend on eventually completing 6.4 you can’t sit in a map 4 alliance if you’ve got a smaller roster.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Other option.
    If u are burned out, swap to retired ally of high skill, high rating veterans.
    It will get you stuff much easier and not that much less.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

In Marvel, like Crossbones quote what WS said: "Please tell Rogers, when you gotta go, you gotta go."

Sounds like a phrase for a bathroom break 😂😂😂
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Reference said:

Sounds like a bathroom ad 😂😂😂
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Other option.
    I’m now in an ally that has 5 members and we just play AQ Map 4

We make over 20m points and collect around 2,000 glory

It’s so relaxing and stress free.

Oh yeah we finish the map in like 12hrs time so we’re not hanging around waiting for others to complete.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Whether or not you should leave your alliance depends on why you play the game. Some play to push to the highest levels. Some play for fun. Some play because they enjoy hanging out online with friends. What you should do depends on your motivation for playing.
  • Yes, move up to a higher up alliance
    We need one member, we run 443x5 AQ(70m points a week), 2 BG casual AW(silver 1/2), and score in the top 5% of SA each week. Only requirement is prestige not lower than 4.9k.
    Add Brian Perkins(my leader) in game
    It's not too stressful and the rewards are good
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Sounds exactly like the situation I was in just over a year ago.
    2 of us doing all the recruiting to keep the alliance going while the other 5 officers + leader did very little/nothing.
    Eventually an argument broke out, we left as we were sick of nonstop recruiting and now the alliance sits with the old leader being the only member who hasn’t logged on since that day.

I don’t regret that decision, I do regret not leaving sooner as it made it incredibly difficult to find time to play the game and progress as dealing with all the leadership duties left no time for the monotonous grinds such as the daily quests and arena.