**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Tickets [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

It’s fair.

How is it that when people donate, it’s unfair that they get back what they donated?

Because once they donate, it's not theirs anymore. They can't access the resources for anything else other than AQ.
  • Options

Shinyuu said:

Giving players back what they put in will still hit the mercs if that's what this system was made to stop. So they get back a bunch of gold, loyalty, and battle chips, so what? They can't use any of it to purchase tickets for an alliance. They can't buy these new tickets and give them to other players. So I see it as a win, win situation. It would make all players happy because they would get back what they put in instead of having useless tickets in their inventory that they will never use and it will shut down mercs who donated to allainces.

But it wouldn't be a win-win situation for players who don't donate. Now you're creating a situation in which the donating players have an advantage over the non-donating players. That's simply not fair.
    What...? The donating players already had an advantage in ressources before donating.

This isn't marvel contest of communism.
    But they gave up those resources. They chose to get rid of that advantage. By donating, they sacrificed their resources that otherwise could've been used for progression. It was their choice.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Shinyuu said:

Giving players back what they put in will still hit the mercs if that's what this system was made to stop. So they get back a bunch of gold, loyalty, and battle chips, so what? They can't use any of it to purchase tickets for an alliance. They can't buy these new tickets and give them to other players. So I see it as a win, win situation. It would make all players happy because they would get back what they put in instead of having useless tickets in their inventory that they will never use and it will shut down mercs who donated to allainces.

But it wouldn't be a win-win situation for players who don't donate. Now you're creating a situation in which the donating players have an advantage over the non-donating players. That's simply not fair.
    What...? The donating players already had an advantage in ressources before donating.

But they gave up those resources. They chose to get rid of that advantage. By donating, they sacrificed their resources that otherwise could've been used for progression. It was their choice.
    They donated with a clear intention and a clear goal in mind. You act as if people just used treasury donations as a means of getting rid of their ressources.

Now the whole system has been changed and the original intention behind their donations is gone.

It's like donating to amnesty international and a day after they change their whole concept to "safe the hippopotamus!". I didn't want to safe the hippopotamus, so I'd like to have my money back, please.
    And if they had an excess in donations they get back tickets so the intention of the donation is still able to be used.
  • Options

Shinyuu said:

They donated with a clear intention and a clear goal in mind. You act as if people just used treasury donations as a means of getting rid of their ressources.

Now the whole system has been changed and the original intention behind their donations is gone.

It's like donating to amnesty international and a day after they change their whole concept to "safe the hippopotamus!". I didn't want to safe the hippopotamus, so I'd like to have my money back, please.
    I'm not saying that Kabam shouldn't return in full. I'm just saying that they should return in full with tickets or AQ-specific currency.

They donated with an intention that the alliance would use it for AQ. They donated knowing that they wouldn't be able to access their resources in any way after they donated. Why should this be different?
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Kabam should just restore alliance treasury to what it was minus the last 5 months donations excluding the cost to run respective maps.Lock the treasury so that no additional donation can be made. Implement the ticket system with either own resource or treasury resource till there is enough available. Once treasury is empty, people will be forced to buy the ticket or not run aq. Gets rid if all complaints. Under no circumstances should complete treasury resources be given back to players individually. Its not fair at all. And before someone asks, my alliance had around 40 mill gold, 2 mill bc and 500k loyalty. I don't care about the resource because once In donated, it was supposed to be used by the alliance. And we run map 5, since its free now, I don't care about that treasury.I don't stockpile for the future in game,
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

1) since they are done on a per player basis returning excess donations creates an imbalance when AQ could essentially have been free for the alliance and the financier is refunded. That’s not equitable.
    2) donations pay for AQ, tickets now pay for AQ
    3) the treasury is not a bank nor is it insured
    4) donations were surrendered for AQ when deposited, the sole purpose of the treasury
    5) if they were the sold as a result of a 3rd party they’re forfeit
    6) if they were traded for other resources the value of refunds could be off

1) Imbalance? They wouldn't get something extra, they would get something they already had at some point back.

2) Hence the refund.

3) That's your interpretation of the treasury, which is stated no where in the game.

4) Yes and they were also donated for future aq, the system for which has now been changed, hence asking for a full refund on them.

5) wat?

6) The exchange rate for units -> gold/battlechips/loyality should be known to kabam, no? Either way the donated ressources should definitely be available information to them.

Weak, coathanger. Weak.
    Yes an imbalance.

Let’s take a couple common scenarios as an example.

A player recently donated 100 million gold to his treasury and this has been paying for his alliances AQ for the next 2 months. That alliance has paid nothing in gold for AQ so they are all positive on the resource and now the player who donated that gold gets it refunded afterwards. This is already a bad situation where he is now getting his AQ for free while his alliance had already had gold free AQ.

Two players have a trade set up. One donates the others gold and the other donates loyalty in trade for that gold. They both paid for exactly what was due to AQ but are now refunded 50% of those materials back. It’s enough to give them tickets, and plain flawed to give them those resources back but they are getting them back none the less. Inequitable, imbalanced, and these players practically printed resources out of thin air for themselves.

You can not withdraw resources from the treasury. It’s not a bank.

Weak Umberto weak. I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
  • Options

Shinyuu said:

And if they had an excess in donations they get back tickets so the intention of the donation is still able to be used.
    With an arbitrary cutoff. You forgot to mention the arbitrary cutoff.
    Bc the odds of most of the current treasury having been donated by the current members of the alliance is slim to none for the vast majority of alliances.

Why should people that have been in the alliance for one month receive 1/30th of the current balance. If they don't do that, you seriously expect them to go back and figure out how much in excess you've donated since every account started? That's ridiculous to expect. They had to make a cutoff somewhere
  • Options

Shinyuu said:

Bc the odds of most of the current treasury having been donated by the current members of the alliance is slim to none for the vast majority of alliances.

Why should people that have been in the alliance for one month receive 1/30th of the current balance. If they don't do that, you seriously expect them to go back and figure out how much in excess you've donated since every account started? That's ridiculous to expect. They had to make a cutoff somewhere
    I'd be way more okay with everyone getting something, than with a ton of ressources vanishing completely.
    Those resources vanished the moment they were placed into the treasury. You’re lucky to see anything returned.
  • Options

Shinyuu said:

I'd be way more okay with everyone getting something, than with a ton of ressources vanishing completely.
    But you guys keep talking about fair. What's fair about someone that massively overdonated to alliance A that now has a large treasury surplus, while the person is now in alliance B that basically lives check to check for donations and has essentially no surplus. So while he donated lots, he gets nothing back but someone else that's now new in alliance A gets a massive refund they've contributed nothing to.

It just doesn't make sense. 5 months is more than enough and already more than anyone would get had nothing changed but map costs.
  • Options
    And this way players are getting refunded if they're in alliances that used 3rd party dumps. All I keep seeing here is map 5 is free so I want my stuff back bc I don't need tickets
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    edited June 2020

Shinyuu said:

You should be trying to convince Kabam if you really feel this way.

What are some bad consequences to your idea?

So let's say Kabam gives full refunds to donations, who benefits the most? People who ran the most expensive map, because it'd be as if they had free maps for this year (as well as rank and map 7 crystals), and they'll also be getting the most resources back?

Returning resources in full makes no sense, especially since legitimate alliances/players chose to forgo map 6/7 AQ to save resources, but now will be further behind players who paid to receive rank rewards/map 7 rewards.

Also treasury loaders had free maps for all of 2018/2019, so an earlier cutoff of date on treasury refund will just benefit them more.

Not only would botters/treasury loaders benefit the most from treasury refund the most, Kabam wouldn't benefit whatsoever.

If the cheaters/3rd party buyers/botters get everything donated back, it'll be used for future gifting events? No thank you.

That would defeat the purpose of Kabam's move to retroactively punishing accounts who Kabam deems as breaking their rules.

Anyhow, aside from cheaper AQ cost, another good thing about this move is now Kabam can flag accounts they deem shady/potentially shady by association for future reference.

• Options

Shinyuu said:

But you guys keep talking about fair. What's fair about someone that massively overdonated to alliance A that now has a large treasury surplus, while the person is now in alliance B that basically lives check to check for donations and has essentially no surplus. So while he donated lots, he gets nothing back but someone else that's now new in alliance A gets a massive refund they've contributed nothing to.

It just doesn't make sense. 5 months is more than enough and already more than anyone would get had nothing changed but map costs.
    What...? If nothing had changed but map costs, then everything in the treasury would still be there.

Also I only said what I'd rather see than having everything go to waste. I merely say the current process is not fair.

It's about as fair as you can expect. Expecting them to go through every players donations ever is ridiculous, as is expecting a massive resource windfall from this, as is expecting the entire treasury to be split between the alliance in tickets.
  • Options

Shinyuu said:

Those resources vanished the moment they were placed into the treasury. You’re lucky to see anything returned.
    Funny how they didn't until they actually vanished.
    The moment they were placed into the treasury they vanished from the player.

If you want to read about how inequitable refunding them would be flawed.

Let’s take a couple common scenarios as an example.

A player recently donated 100 million gold to his treasury and this has been paying for his alliances AQ for the next 2 months. That alliance has paid nothing in gold for AQ so they are all positive on the resource and now the player who donated that gold gets it refunded afterwards. This is already a bad situation where he is now getting his AQ for free while his alliance had already had gold free AQ.

Two players have a trade set up. One donates the others gold and the other donates loyalty in trade for that gold. They both paid for exactly what was due to AQ but are now refunded 50% of those materials back. It’s enough to give them tickets, and plain flawed to give them those resources back but they are getting them back none the less. Inequitable, imbalanced, and these players practically printed resources out of thin air for themselves.

Ticket as refunds are already flawed in that they are generating tickets from nothing. It would be ludicrous to return resources to players and generate resources from nothing.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm going to say this, I'm a person who donates exactly what is asked and nothing more. My alliance was running low in loyalty so I donated an extra 100k loyalty and so did five other members in the alliance just out of the kindness of their heart within the last 5 months. I don't really care to get that back personally because the change in donations has allowed my alliance to now be top 45 finally.

Alternatively. a solution that solves all of this is to make all maps free across the board or an alternate solution would be a free month which should more than cover anything that is left for majority of the alliances that had access funds.
    All of the people that play map 5 and now have completely free donations I do not understand your argument. You no longer have any donations to worry about so why would you need a refund at all?
  • Options

Get. Rid. Of. Map. Costs. There's the fix. Stop charging us for required game modes. Your "fix" still sucks. My alliance runs 7x5 for all BGs so the mixed BGs don't affect me, but this entire change reeks of "Let's monetize game modes and see how it goes."

You realize you can still just pay for AQ the same way as before with all 3 resources and it's even cheaper now right?
    Yep, sure am. It's still a required game mode, the only one in the game, that you need to pay to enter. It isn't the cost difference that bothers me, it's that there's any cost to it at all.
    It's not remotely a required game mode. None of them are technically. You can play completely solo in this game if you choose to. You'll progress much slower but it's absolutely an option
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    why not to keep the treasury\donation method as before, without tickets, but if you want to reduce the uses of Merc and Buying donations here is one idea:
    1. Alliance's Treasury will reset to zero once a week, at the end of each AQ (one day after AQ, two days before the beginning of the next AQ). This way you prevent Treasury hoarding, but still let the alliance to decide how to split donations between members, help friends if needed, see balance so leadership know what map they can open, etc...
    2. if someone drop donations and leave the alliance X hours\Days after, his donations will be deleted from Alliance treasury. if deleting his donations will put treasury in minus, the alliance will have time by the end of the AQ day, to fill the missing treasury or they won't be eligible to AQ rewards (daily, rank, milestone).
    3. members that join the alliance after day1 of AQ won't be eligible to a Rank rewards and milestone.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Get. Rid. Of. Map. Costs. There's the fix. Stop charging us for required game modes. Your "fix" still sucks. My alliance runs 7x5 for all BGs so the mixed BGs don't affect me, but this entire change reeks of "Let's monetize game modes and see how it goes."

You realize you can still just pay for AQ the same way as before with all 3 resources and it's even cheaper now right?
    Yep, sure am. It's still a required game mode, the only one in the game, that you need to pay to enter. It isn't the cost difference that bothers me, it's that there's any cost to it at all.
    It's not remotely a required game mode. None of them are technically. You can play completely solo in this game if you choose to. You'll progress much slower but it's absolutely an option
    It's required in the sense of if you're in an alliance and the alliance wants to do map 6/7 you have two choices, pay or quit the alliance. Now it's pay with in game resources or pay Kabam directly. I was never a fan of having to donate to run alliance quest. I fully get wanting to stop merc loaders, but the simplest solution was to end the resource cost to run any AQ map. This solution just reeks of Kabam wanting to monetize AQ for themselves instead of just letting the players play the maps with their alliance mates.

There are other downfalls to alliances not quite ready to run map 6/7 than just gold/bc/loyalty. If they want to run just to the first miniboss and stop there, those champs are locked for the rest of AQ and don't get exploration crystals. If they fail against the first miniboss they lose tons of points.
    The whales have so much gold that the new ticket system really takes away the need for them to actually spend more money to play map 7 so the profit margin to me won't add up. Making AQ free would make the player base happy and save the money needed to bring about the new system in August. They could use those developing resources elsewhere.