**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What do you think of the new 6 star featured? Worth 15,000?

Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 4,180 ★★★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
So, the new featured 6 star has arrived with some interesting additions as you all have seen. Is it worth going for the new 6 star featured?

What do you think of the new 6 star featured? Worth 15,000? 103 votes

Yes - Would go for featured
36%
GroundedWisdomBigPoppaCBONETerraKennadoThatGuyYouSaw235Bruce12342Osfan8CupidESFAdvjoke1004John757Justapilgrimshadow_lurker22WeeaeaNotsavage19RookiieCowboyschamploo1NeotwismStevieManWonder 38 votes
No - This crystal is traah
46%
TheTAbyssMcord11758SatsuiNoHadouSwe_wolfisDJSergyHort4JadedKDoggg2017jdrum663CarnageQueenFeeney234SpicyslicerReeseSmith14Lvernon15Mqc19Gmoney220RoOOtsHeattblasttReferenceSevSyn 48 votes
Undecided
16%
FrostyBENJI830Smokely7Uncle_Fatty_247Kamr05Bwest289KDSuperFlash10brandinhoBugmat78Lunchbox78GiganteaTSM_McocH3t3rBonzodavidPricelessMasterpuffMathgeek 17 votes

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Honestly there’s really not that much trash in here the worst champ is cap og honestly it’s one hell of a good crystal and I would probably buy it

@TheInfinty Apart from the new featured I am highly pleased to see X23 who is my favorite champ in the game come as 6 srar. The other really older champs aren't worth 15,000 not too bad of a crystal apart from OG cap
    I’m not sayin the new additions are amazing symbiote Spider-Man isn’t the best and og hulk is alright but I’m talking the entire crystal as a whole is very good Sunspot,Mojo Sorcerer Supreme and human torch to name a few
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    edited June 2020

Honestly there’s really not that much trash in here the worst champ is cap og honestly it’s one hell of a good crystal and I would probably buy it

trash should be no where near a featured crystal. Kabam knows how garbage OG Cap is, yet they put him in the pool anyway...

Shocker

Clearly they havnt heard the community uproar for addressing the 6* champion acquisition problem plaguing the game. What a joke.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Undecided
    This is the first one that is not garbage. But it doesn’t have doom, which is kinda a reason for me to not get it.
  • A_Cay47A_Cay47 Posts: 73
    edited June 2020
    Your question is hard to answer as the crystal isn’t trash. The crystal is better overall then the last 6* featured crystal, but no I wouldn’t spend extra for it. If it had maybe Doom, Fury or Aegon then I would.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Menkent said:

I thought there was some new synergy that makes og cap good. I'm not voting in the poll because I think its probably the most balanced of these featured 6* we've ever gotten... but I'm sticking with basics. That torch is tempting but too risky for the extra shards.

Yes, it’s with Longshot. He becomes an effective Mordo counter with a few parries.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    It varies on who you already have but there's a chunk of champs in the crystal I have that I want awakened. So for me it's worth doing at least 1-2 shots after July 4th.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I might drop the 15K for this one. It’s not perfect but there’s enough value in there for where my roster is to consider it

Normally, there’s no way I would even consider it
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    This actually looks pretty good. Kinda sad that they're only letting 4 new champs instead of 6, but most of them are decent or higher; kewl.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    Actually @Menkent, @SpideyFunko, OG Cap is always a counter for Mordo, as he can reliably inflict Fatigue, which allows him to then Parry/Stun without triggering Astral Evade.

Longshot's synergy with OG Cap makes him a counter for Power Gain champs up to and including Hyperion:

Civil War Stories - Unique Synergy - With Captain America (Infinity War) and Captain America
    • Longshot: Start a Fight with 5 Good Karma when fighting Villain Champions.
    • Captain America (Infinity War): Start a Fight with 1 Kinetic Potential when fighting Avengers or New Avengers.
    • Captain America: While the Opponent is Fatigued their Power Gain Rate is reduced by 110%.
    It's a pretty solid synergy. One parry, and opponents like Hyperion, Symbiote Supreme or Dr Strange start draining power. It could make him a solid Havok counter, too, if it acts the way an actual Power Drain does, and removes his Plasma charges.

Add in synergies with Havok (Captain America passively increases Attack by 20% of base Attack when Striking a Debuffed Opponent.) and Void (Avengers get +15% Attack Rating) and Cap might start to look a bit more reasonable.

I still don't see him pushing CAIW off the team, though...
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    I wonder if kabam wanna give feature some old champ why not these champs...

Venom,Colosis,Storm,Moonknight,Siderman symbiot
    ,Lukecage,Spidergwen,Wolvreen,Magik,Ultron
    These champs are 2015 and it will be okey to get it from feature crystal it's didn't hurt much even 2016 has some awesome champs too plz give usefull champ from feature crystals
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    I'm on the fence since I only have two 6* so far and should probably go for the basic crystal, but both my 6 stars are in the new featured (Masacre and Darkhawk) so it would be a good opportunity to try and dupe them... need to think about it some more before making a decision.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    Its a well balanced crystal, i don't need doom so its defintely tempting, Kabam must have known that the featured champs themselves aren't amazing, Sorcerer, Storm and Mojo are the only 3 actual featured I'd be happy with. So they decided to balance it out by adding some amazing champs like sunspot and torch! It could be better, but its definitely the best featured we've had so far i think! But personally, ill likely only open a couple then save some shards for the next one, which will have tigra, guardian and monkey! all 3 look pretty good already, time will tell.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

Actually @Menkent, @SpideyFunko, OG Cap is always a counter for Mordo, as he can reliably inflict Fatigue, which allows him to then Parry/Stun without triggering Astral Evade.

Longshot's synergy with OG Cap makes him a counter for Power Gain champs up to and including Hyperion:

Civil War Stories - Unique Synergy - With Captain America (Infinity War) and Captain America

• Longshot: Start a Fight with 5 Good Karma when fighting Villain Champions.
    • Captain America (Infinity War): Start a Fight with 1 Kinetic Potential when fighting Avengers or New Avengers.
    • Captain America: While the Opponent is Fatigued their Power Gain Rate is reduced by 110%.
    It's a pretty solid synergy. One parry, and opponents like Hyperion, Symbiote Supreme or Dr Strange start draining power. It could make him a solid Havok counter, too, if it acts the way an actual Power Drain does, and removes his Plasma charges.

Add in synergies with Havok (Captain America passively increases Attack by 20% of base Attack when Striking a Debuffed Opponent.) and Void (Avengers get +15% Attack Rating) and Cap might start to look a bit more reasonable.

I still don't see him pushing CAIW off the team, though...
    Really? Huh. I never fight Mordo, and when I do I tend to Quake the fight, but thanks.