**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Event quests: an endgame perspective

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
Now I think we all know there is a need for a cavalier difficulty event quest, and that some side events are just flat out rubbish, like this month’s, but there are other issues endgame players like myself face when it comes to event quests, and that is that all the rewards are catered to the progressing later game players even in the highest difficulty.

Let’s look at rifts, the top rewards in there were a 5* awakening gem, 5 star shards and 6* shards, all of this is good, but it’s highly unlikely to provide any major benefit to an endgame account, you’d have to get extremely lucky both in the rifts and crystals to get a significant boost. 5* shards t5b t2a are all old news for top players, and 6* shards are worthless 80% if the time due to the chanpion pool and specifity of endgame content.

The resources we need are just not in events, those resources being: 6* sigs, t5cc fragments and 6 star awakening gems, and also large quantities of 5 star sigs so non spending endgame players can have a larger variety of high sig 5 stars.

Now I know you can’t just go adding large amounts of those resources in events, you can’t just throw a 3% chance at a 6* ag in rifts or a t5cc in the modok store, but you can provide us with small-moderate amounts of sigs and t5cc, like this month, add the option to buy 10 6* sigs and 10 2% t5cc fragments, nothing major, nothing that takes the flare from rewards in content like abyss, but something that will benefit us in a significant way in the long term

Now the issue with this, is that the current top milestone is cavalier, and there’s a huge disparity between people with this title, so rather than making a new title, add new difficulties, I know cavalier eq needs work to tune the difficulty, but side quests are also a problem, they’re capped at a level that almost all new cavalier players, and most uncollected player can easily explore. Add in a new side quest difficulty, an example for these labs, 50-70k rated opponents, 4-5 buffs, something that’s a challenge even for top players, bu have the option of endgame rewards after it.

This is in the view of an endgame player, and obviously there are other issues with the game and other problems that would arise with these ideas, but it’s a necessary step for the future of the endgame, big content is 1 time, and once it’s done we enter a dead period where we are just waiting around and preparing for the next chapter of story mode or the next abyss, and event quests are the solution, both side events and cavalier eq, that is what will make the endgame interesting in the long term.

I hope you take this into consideration and are considering this sort of thing for your medium term roadmaps

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    RoOOts said:
    Yeah, just copied it to the thread as well
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    They said in an interview, and miike has said on forums (can’t find the thread to save my life), that they are developing cavalier difficulty, it’s just taking time.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    There’s a bigger gap between proven to uncollected, but Kabam groups people who have just completed act 3 with people stuck in act 5 in rewards. Not that endgame players aren’t lacking rewards, but there is a bigger problem with rewards being to general.
  • KrisGJJKrisGJJ Posts: 69
    I agree
  • Lunchbox78Lunchbox78 Posts: 36
    I agree with a majority of this post, but 6* shards would be useful if we gained larger portion sizes for event completion. Also T5basics are still useful, cavalier difficulty should reward a T5basics instead of 15% of one.
    PsyLife said:

There’s a bigger gap between proven to uncollected, but Kabam groups people who have just completed act 3 with people stuck in act 5 in rewards. Not that endgame players aren’t lacking rewards, but there is a bigger problem with rewards being to general.

As someone currently on 5.2.6, I hate being clumped with proven. Conqueror means nothing in this game, I’d say it’s more useless than Cavalier.

The difficulty might not have gone up as much as Act 4 to Act 5, but those linked nodes were painful. Starburst was pure torture. Just acknowledgement is all I’m asking for.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited June 2020

They said in an interview, and miike has said on forums (can’t find the thread to save my life), that they are developing cavalier difficulty, it’s just taking time.

Cavalier titles are a year old. This should have been known as a need short term need following release of Act 6. A year and a half(given current timelines) from point of gaining title and realistically 2.5-3 years of no new difficulty in EQ is FAR to long. That’s not needing time that’s not seeing it as a need or not wanting to release it.

The fear get devaluing stuff in the in game store to soon is the barrier(and before July 4th too). It’s doesn’t take 1.5 years to tune a new difficulty.
    Timone147 said:

Cavalier titles are a year old. This should have been known as a need short term need following release of Act 6. A year and a half(given current timelines) from point of gaining title and realistically 2.5-3 years of no new difficulty in EQ is FAR to long. That’s not needing time that’s not seeing it as a need or not wanting to release it.

The fear get devaluing stuff in the in game store to soon is the barrier(and before July 4th too). It’s doesn’t take 1.5 years to tune a new difficulty.
    Yeah, I mean they first mentioned cavalier difficulty probably 8 months ago or more, it can’t take that long to tune difficulty
  • Lvernon15 said:

Timone147 said:

Yeah, I mean they first mentioned cavalier difficulty probably 8 months ago or more, it can’t take that long to tune difficulty
    They've also been working on monthly content and other big content around that time too though, similar to why the varient was delayed as well im guessing

Lvernon15 said:

Timone147 said:

They've also been working on monthly content and other big content around that time too though, similar to why the varient was delayed as well im guessing
    Variant 5 was going to come out in November because of Act 7. They’ve mainly focused on Act 6 and Act 7, as well as the Hulkbuster Buff.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Timone147 said:

Dude, it takes them that long to buff 1 old champ (look at hulkbuster)

Lvernon15 said:

Timone147 said:

Variant 5 was going to come out in November because of Act 7. They’ve mainly focused on Act 6 and Act 7, as well as the Hulkbuster Buff.
    Wasn’t it September originally?
    Remeli said:

Lvernon15 said:

Timone147 said:

Dude, it takes them that long to buff 1 old champ (look at hulkbuster)
    Thought that was because it’s low priority, but it’s looking like cav eq is just as low priority apparently despite being a necessary thing for the long term
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Timone147 said:

Wasn’t it September originally?
    Yeah, I mixed up my months.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    PsyLife said:

PsyLife said:

As someone currently on 5.2.6, I hate being clumped with proven. Conqueror means nothing in this game, I’d say it’s more useless than Cavalier.

The difficulty might not have gone up as much as Act 4 to Act 5, but those linked nodes were painful. Starburst was pure torture. Just acknowledgement is all I’m asking for.
    Conqueror means nothing, but it should. Maestro is a boss that separates people who know the game and people who don’t.
    thats what I thought, before I got uncollected. Thats when I realized that the masestro boss is around 500x easier than anything in act5. Conqueror is a pretty easy title to get
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★

PsyLife said:

PsyLife said:

Conqueror means nothing, but it should. Maestro is a boss that separates people who know the game and people who don’t.
    thats what I thought, before I got uncollected. Thats when I realized that the masestro boss is around 500x easier than anything in act5. Conqueror is a pretty easy title to get
    The collected is 500x easier than the 6.2 champion I’m sure. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a hard fight. At the stage I was at, it took me 200 units on the last quest alone in act 4.
    Y_T said:

the vast majority of players are probably not cavs. that's why it is not a priority.

Earlier game players have content to do and adequate rewards though

I agree with a majority of this post, but 6* shards would be useful if we gained larger portion sizes for event completion. Also T5basics are still useful, cavalier difficulty should reward a T5basics instead of 15% of one.

Yeah, t5b is useful, it is necessary, but it’s nit the big resource, an endgame player like myself isn’t going to get excited about t5b in events anymore
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    I have lost all motivation this month. The side event is trash, uc eq is too easy with no rewards. And I am road blocked by some act 6 paths.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    When they released the Act 7 beta and everyone freaked out because it is too hard.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Yes. It's in development.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    PsyLife said:

PsyLife said:

PsyLife said:

The collected is 500x easier than the 6.2 champion I’m sure. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a hard fight. At the stage I was at, it took me 200 units on the last quest alone in act 4.
    at the current stage of the game, it only takes maybe a week to get conqueror. Maybe a couple years ago, it was hard, but its quite simple now
  • SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    I know 6star AGs are super high end and many would resist them being added to things like monthly event quests, but wish they would at least make something like a formable AG... I.e., every month you can get like 20% of a random class 6star AG and then form them over time, so they don’t come in such large chunks as to break the ‘economies of the game’, but also aren’t so far and few between as to be unattainable or so dependent on rng of a single pull
  • SlayerKingSlayerKing Posts: 75
    I just hope cav difficulty won’t be another 6.2.6