**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What “god tier” champions do you not like, and why?

124»

Comments

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    simolaz said:

Corvus.

At least once he was a god for AW, but now...

1. Requires suicides. He is not just better with suicides (like Ghost): he requires them. So in order to play him effectively you must forget about 85% of the other characters.

2. Requires boosts. 150% or 200% power, and often also 1 power bar at the beginning.

3. Requires the right characters on the path. At least a tech and a mutant (below 2 charges his damage is not so insanely high to prefer him over other characters).

In Act 6 he’s not an MVP: I almost 100% explored all the content without having him, and I still don’t feel the need.
    In AW with flow yes, you can still use him, but because you like to complicate your life.

He is useful for AQ. Is it enough to call him a “god tier”? I don’t think so...
    Also Ronin is useful for AQ, but he’s not commonly rated as god tier!

Ronin is nothing compared to corvus
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Starky, 1 slip and you're KO.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Corvus for me

I pulled him some time ago as a 6*, and wasn't impressed at all.
    Maybe, that's because I like to use sp1 and sp2 and hate watching sp3 again and again, so I don't run suicides.
    I also have r5 Hyperion, and corvus just can't bring anything new as a champ.
    Finally, I don't find his MLM playstyle to be fun or enjoyable.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited June 2020
    FRITO_Man said:

simolaz said:

Corvus.

At least once he was a god for AW, but now...

1. Requires suicides. He is not just better with suicides (like Ghost): he requires them. So in order to play him effectively you must forget about 85% of the other characters.

2. Requires boosts. 150% or 200% power, and often also 1 power bar at the beginning.

3. Requires the right characters on the path. At least a tech and a mutant (below 2 charges his damage is not so insanely high to prefer him over other characters).

In Act 6 he’s not an MVP: I almost 100% explored all the content without having him, and I still don’t feel the need.
    In AW with flow yes, you can still use him, but because you like to complicate your life.

He is useful for AQ. Is it enough to call him a “god tier”? I don’t think so...
    Also Ronin is useful for AQ, but he’s not commonly rated as god tier!

Ronin is nothing compared to corvus
    It is quite obvious that you didn’t get the joke. Anyway, if you start playing Ronin in the right way (instead of basing your jundgement on popularity) you will easily understand that the comparison is not that absurd.

Clearly Corvus is better, but definitely not on another planet. Both are not needed to achieve all the contents, and I think this should be what classifies a character as a “god tier”.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Unitman.
    Because,

Sincerely, deadpool.
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    I don't really like Corvus, because he's a ramp up champ, and ramp up champs are very, very situational since your path might not have the specific champs to ramp Corvus up.
    I also hate Symbiote Supreme, he feels sooooo clunky to play, his animations move like a snail, not to mention his goddam power bar moves as slowly as a snail if your opponent doesn't have a buff. He's really situational, which benches him for lots and fights and he isn't fun to play. I'll take BWCV or Doom any day over symbiote supreme.
  • Southern_KantSouthern_Kant Posts: 157
    Quake, quake can go die in a hole hahaha
    -sixate- said:

Domini for me. I hate champs that can't heavy counter with their heavy. When I see a heavy attack I automatically dash back and throw my heavy. Her range is so short it misses a ton. I hate that and almost never use her.

(In a greta thunberg voice) HOW DARE YOU

Domino & Arch Angel.

I hate the whole PARRY/HEAVY play style. I love to fight, and that bs gets boring and lame after so long.

Yes, they are absolute monsters, who do insane damage — but to just parry an heavy the whole fight is boring!

For Domino, you don't always need to parry if you don't want to. Her normal medium and light attacks still do a tonne of damage with her high attack rating. Anyway, in later endgame content, you'll find that you'll be focusing on launching a mega sp2 instead of spamming heavy.
  • JABBA_2JABBA_2 Posts: 99
    edited June 2020

Domino & Arch Angel.

I hate the whole PARRY/HEAVY play style. I love to fight, and that bs gets boring and lame after so long.

Yes, they are absolute monsters, who do insane damage — but to just parry and heavy the whole fight is boring!

I know that I'm not that experienced a Domino user, but when I dip into ROL with my R3 to do a bit of potions farming, I always take in my rulk too. Ik that some people don't like her rotation, but I love it and it just never occurred to me to use heavies. So I had a go in the fight against WS, and after the first few I was like, 'meh. I prefer the rotation.' Even with the rulk synergy, it felt like she did the same damage with a combo as with a heavy.

I agree with you that a heavy playstyle gets boring, so why not mix it up?

Her specials are mad though, I've had 40k off her L2 with 1.4k bleeds and 20k of her L1.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

RoOOts said:

RookieXX said:

Mr. Fantastic really needs to be revisited.

Edit: He feels super clunky. And his SP1 and SP2 animations could be cleaner.

Headline: Overrated God-Tiers
    Comment: Non god tier champ should be buffed.
    Question: Häh?
    Mister Fantastic is an easy God Tier, what're you talking about?
    You’re gonna have to show me how to use him, because personally I think he’s bad.

I don’t enjoy using Morningstar. I’ve tried, just can’t get down with her. Night Thrasher same deal. And I don’t know what we consider champs like Darkhawk, but he’s in that boat too.

As for those saying Corvus is useless without suicides, you all are blowing my mind. I’ve never run suicides, and he’s been by far my most valuable champion.
    To be fair, he takes a fair bit to get used to and he was bugged for about two months, though the last patch fixed that bug. With Mister Fantastic, it's all about placing as many debuffs as possible on the opponent. When you have three prefight debuffs available, you activate them all and then weave in heavy attacks to pause them. After three sp2s, you will a total of 9 debuffs, minimum, on the opponent and should have between 3-6 debuffs from the careful study passives you place on the opponent. This gives you a nice bump in damage and a good chance to evade. Build up to an sp3 and then you'll get a huge passive fury that scales for every debuff on the opponent. That's just him on his base, with synergies you can get a ton more benefits but I don't have access to the full Fantastic Four synergy. Beside attacking as him, he has great synergies and his Careful Study Passives that he can place is incredibly helpful for all your attackers, especially when you place them on the final boss.
    Fantastic info man thank you. He’s one I’ve just written off, but I’ll try and play with him more.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

Domino & Arch Angel.

Yes, they are absolute monsters, who do insane damage — but to just parry an heavy the whole fight is boring!

For Domino, you don't always need to parry if you don't want to. Her normal medium and light attacks still do a tonne of damage with her high attack rating. Anyway, in later endgame content, you'll find that you'll be focusing on launching a mega sp2 instead of spamming heavy.
    Actually with massacre and rulk spamming heavy is very nice option. If your enemy doesn't have limber or stun immunity, you can also counter any evade champ and evade nodes, wich is great, if you don't have true strike champs ranked up
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Quake and Symbiote Supreme. I have both at rank 5 and even though they're great for specific fights because of their utility, I rarely bring them on my team for the monthly event quest because of how long(er) it takes for them to take down opponents.

• Great thread. Glad to hear there are so many other people that dislike some of the god their champs. Mine is Symbiote Supreme, he just does not fit into my style of play.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Okay, time for a really controversial one here...

I just don't like using Guillotine 2099.

Defensively I will not comment on her utility, we all know how absolutely freaking annoying she is. But she just isn't QUITE the offensive juggernaut her kit is trying to make her be. She requires an absurdly high combo to really get the best damage off, and her methods of combo shield are iffy at best-a chance off the sig ability for the first hit and parry-heavying. But only if you have digi-souls, and you usually want to use those offensively for her ramped up fights!

She's essentially Aegon with extra steps and less sustainability. At least Aegon's combo persists and at higher levels it gets absurdly easy to hang onto it. Sure it might take a few more fights but Aegon is great pretty much constantly after 50 or so hits. G2099 needs too much to get going and if you didn't finish the fight with an L3 it's time to do it all over again the next fight.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

Hyperion

Just the way he looks annoys me, a dollar store knockoff superman. I ranked 5 Cull instead, he is so much fun to play and right now he destroys the modok event.

I am still going to rank up Hyp, because I am a hypocrite

You know Hyperion was designed to BE a dollar store knockoff Superman, right?
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    Quake, I understand and appreciate the skill of those that use her well, but I enjoy this game so I can use my little champs to fight, not make the ground shaky and unstable
  • FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    YoMoves said:

Hyperion

Just the way he looks annoys me, a dollar store knockoff superman. I ranked 5 Cull instead, he is so much fun to play and right now he destroys the modok event.

I am still going to rank up Hyp, because I am a hypocrite

You know Hyperion was designed to BE a dollar store knockoff Superman, right?
    Yeah I know, Sentry has kind of the same thing. Deadstroke/deadpool is great.
    Maybe it would be a nice new topic to discuss, the comic industry ripped each other off constantly, sometimes as a joke (deadpool) but usually chasing the money.

X-men is my favorite comic but they are the pinnacle of the ‘throw a bucket of spaghetti and see what sticks’ approach. ‘How do they get their powers?’ “Oh, it’s in their dna.

‘Do they fight humans? Supervillans? Other mutants? Are they on earth? Space opera? Dimension?’

“Yes”
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Fee like I might get some pushback for this, but sparky, that chance to auto evade, I just hate it, I go in to parry he evaded and then I get hit because I was expecting the stun, it’s just frustrating, I’d probably say a similar thing with domino but I don’t have her at a high star level so I won’t comment there
    Aleor said:

Corvus for me

I pulled him some time ago as a 6*, and wasn't impressed at all.
    Maybe, that's because I like to use sp1 and sp2 and hate watching sp3 again and again, so I don't run suicides.
    I also have r5 Hyperion, and corvus just can't bring anything new as a champ.
    Finally, I don't find his MLM playstyle to be fun or enjoyable.

Suicides make a big difference, but he still brings stuff to the table wothout
    gianleo said:

Nick Fury. He does provide precious synergies for teams. But I never get the hype around him. Not suicide friendly at all. To deal damage at Ghost's level he has to sacrifice his first phase and play whole quests at 30%. You put health potions in him after his decoy dies, he automatically degens to 30%. Far from being Domino or Ghost tbh.

Disagree personally.
    Suicide friendly? No he isn’t, I get that point, especially since suicides and deep wounds are rarely together in the same setup
    When it comes to the 30% it’s partly true, he needs it to deal the absurd damage which is I’d say quite a bit higher than ghost and domino, he’s one of the hardest hitters with those bleeds, domino can get a 20k bleed but it’s rare, nick gets 4K bleeds every combo. Also he goes unblockable which helps a lot with the whole low health scenario, no need to parry, and when it comes to quests he’s one of the best options for low item usage because you can use the 2nd life as a backup
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Corvus, in short fights he's great but waiting for the charges to come back when they're all used is just so painful. Such a terrible champion for characters with health surpassing 100K
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    Ghost Rider. How Seatin puts him in the same tier as champions like Sentinel, Stealth Spidey, Doctor Voodoo, Clairvoyant, etc is beyond me.
    The idea of building up judgements to increase the duration of other judgements seems so ineffective to me.
    Yes he has great healing and yes he has lots of utility, but the fact that you have to sacrifice the duration of some of his utility just to increase the duration of the others makes him not very viable to me at least.

His damage is also terrible unless he's duped and even then you still face the problem of a timer.
    Take away his synergy with Blade and he becomes even less effective.