**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Node Combination Feedback

1235»

Comments

• greyblue42greyblue42 Posts: 117
    Hello! I know that a too generalized Feedback is probably not helpful, but I am in a Bronze 1 Alliance. We have mostly Intermidiate and Beginner players and play in tier 12 / 13. We only do one BG. For most of us the new kodes in AW are that hard, that a lot of our players want to quit the AW now all together.
    I do get that you want to make it more interesting and challenging to get players to use more taktic and skills. But if somebody is not on that level of game knowledge or have a strong enough line up yet, you risk to put off a lot of people to turn away from that part of the game all together.
    There is no fun in it if you loose any chance of winning at all and are forced to use a lot of revives and portions to even try to compete.
  • Kpratish1997Kpratish1997 Posts: 118
    IMIW on node 23.
    Tunnel vision+ aggression fury+oscillate.
    IMIW was already hard on aggression fury, and now oscillate and tunnel vision.
    Plus flow tactics.
    Make him impossible on that node.
  • Thanks everyone for your feedback!

We've compiled a list of changes we want to make and are now in the process of working on them. We'll have something for everyone to see soon. Thanks for your continued patience on this. We promise that the Map will see updates before we roll into Season 19 (perhaps even sooner!)

Hoping to see those changes with at least a couple wars to test them out in. Again, credit where credit is due, thank you for making this thread and taking the feedback in! If this Season went forward as is, I shudder to think what we would've done. Probably backed out of AW entirely, or just Boss Rushed the Season out. Which could've eaten our war rating up.

On that note, perhaps delaying the launch of Season 19 might be a wise choice. It's pretty clear that many are not happy. I haven't seen much in the way of positive feedback about this map. That being the case, coupled with the facts that it's changing yet again and new DTs are coming; 1 extra cycle of war to get some more testing done would be GREATLY APPRECIATED by many. Food for thought anyway.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★

The unlimited power node has been broken since its introduction. I believe when Doom was originally released. It’s counting so many non-debuffs as debuffs. Colossus’s parry damage, Red Hulk’s bonus damage, as well as Human Torch’s Nova Flames. I’m sure there are others.

Please stop using broken nodes and forcing the player to “deal with it” before it has been fixed.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    edited June 2020

We couldn't clear this node. Please don't say HT + Invulnerablity boost is the soln. If the node has been designed, there must be a solution without any special boosts.

I hope this is getting nerfed. Remove that stunning reflection or Flow tactic altogether. We are stuck here again. I lost my magik and my teammate his HT. Mojo was at sp3 even before I got to Sp1.

I parry, I get stunned and I am dead.
    I don't parry, they get to sp3, thanks for very encouraging flow tactic, I am dead.
    I use invulnerablity, I don't parry, eat sp3 and degen kills me.

Only option: magik with APB, extremely smooth robot like precision movements, error free gameplay with only 1 champ i.e. Magik out of 180 odd champs, some of them do extremely high damage like Hyperion, Ghost, SL, Sunspot, Corvus etc but all useless
  • WetbananaWetbanana Posts: 1
    Node 23 needs to be toned down.
  • User5000User5000 Posts: 89
    In the intermediary levei exist a node that I forget the name.

The defensor alternates between poison and fire.

The only champions to combat this node is iceman.

Please solve this problem.

Its a very very pain node
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    sest22 said:

"safeguard". Very troublesome nodes. Imagine immune defenders, korg, the thing, colossus, warlock, centinelle and many more. They will be battles of more than 300 hits, if you win the first time.

you can always quake the fight or omega red will destroy that korg
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    Unconstructive feedback: this needs to be fixed. Nodes are too niche and don’t even follow your rules.
    Constructive feedback: So, I remember way back when, we could parry a special attack and that was removed from the game because it was unhealthy for the game. Fair enough. So, today, I am fighting stealth spider man on lane 9 in tier 9 in aw where he has kinetic transference and the stun no stun cycles. So, I am fighting with namor and he is in no stun mode and I launch my sp2, and guess what???? Since he has a chance to stun on any hit during his sp2, he procs the stun and I get the stun reflect back on me in the middle of my sp2 and get wrecked. Pretty sure this isn’t how this mechanic is supposed to work. I get the whole stun reflect stun back mechanic, but in the middle of an sp2 where specials are not supposed to be interrupted?

Done.
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163
    Strike counter - power rate and sting on node 41 of the expert map.

First off: the description of the strike counter node is either wrong or the behavior is wrong. The first special is the only one you can fire off, then the passive debuffs do not reset and continue stacking. Moreover with Havok they were continuously building ridiculously (I think at the end I had 80) and they reversed power gain to an active power drain.

Second: you have sting when you gain a bar of power, so you cannot fire the special for quite some seconds. In the meanwhile your debuffs keep increasing up to the point where you simply cannot do specials any longer.

I faced a quake in that node where the special is the only safe way out of her aftershock stun and could not counter this in any way.

• PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Node 48 mini rage and return policy is a nasty combo. Normally rage is countered by nullify champs but this node stops this counter. You have a damage cap with extreme power gain especially with flow or unblockable more most of the fight. And unblockable with stubborn seems impossible
  • EdarimEdarim Posts: 29

IMIW on node 23.
    Tunnel vision+ aggression fury+oscillate.
    IMIW was already hard on aggression fury, and now oscillate and tunnel vision.
    Plus flow tactics.
    Make him impossible on that node.

they have changed aggression fury to aggression prowess. this does nothing ... the node ist still ridiculous.
    we faced korg today ... and quit on him in all three bg. tunnel vision and oscillate alone are painfull enough ... your one falter away from beeing dead. with aggression prowess you can decide beeing dead while blocking the sk or evading it and beeing dead because youve been hit while faltering.

• Docmotts said:

Unconstructive feedback: this needs to be fixed. Nodes are too niche and don’t even follow your rules.
    Constructive feedback: So, I remember way back when, we could parry a special attack and that was removed from the game because it was unhealthy for the game. Fair enough. So, today, I am fighting stealth spider man on lane 9 in tier 9 in aw where he has kinetic transference and the stun no stun cycles. So, I am fighting with namor and he is in no stun mode and I launch my sp2, and guess what???? Since he has a chance to stun on any hit during his sp2, he procs the stun and I get the stun reflect back on me in the middle of my sp2 and get wrecked. Pretty sure this isn’t how this mechanic is supposed to work. I get the whole stun reflect stun back mechanic, but in the middle of an sp2 where specials are not supposed to be interrupted?

Done.

It should be impossible to get stunned during a special attack. Would you happen to have a video of this happening? We can submit it to our QA team to review.
This discussion has been closed.