Options

Just awakened this lad, not so sure how I feel......

BubblingTeapotBubblingTeapot Posts: 21
edited July 2020 in Strategy and Tips

I wasn't planning to spend at this game until Christmas, but the July 4th deal was so enticing that I decided to whale out just a tiny bit and spent $100 for that 6* nexus crystal. Was really praying for Doom, Ghost or HT but fate has a way of pulling tricks on you. I went with what I would have considered my "best" option, but I am still clueless on how to play around with Night Thrasher.

To be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of his play style. He does have his occasional utilities but I doubt I will ever rank him up. If you are well-versed at playing this character, I would really appreciate it if you can give me some helpful tips! ~ Mr. Teapot

P.s. I have close to none 6* sig stones so his damage is basically further undermined.

Comments

• Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,789 ★★★★★
    I have him 6* and R1 and I believe he is amazing and even underrated without his dupe and his furies. True Strike is a huge quality at this point in the game and his is the most easily accessible one perhaps. His damage is still pretty great. There are times I consider him for R2 (yes, even unduped).

Plus, his animations are incredible and he is blast to use.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I have him as a maxed 4*, max sig. I'm no expert and the way I play him might not be the best but this is what I do
    - Build sp1, under a bar of power parry and dex give him some power (5%). Parry and fire off the sp1, giving a shock debuff
    - start building up to sp1 again, weave in some heavy attacks, to refresh debuff if you need to bait opponent sp, or try for a taunt debuff. Parry/intercept medium attack sp1 for a disorient debuff.
    - repeat above, but when you reach a bar parry/intercept light, sp1 for incinerate debuff.
    - heavy attack should now grant a taunt, depending on sig level, if it doesn't spam heavy till it does. Hitting them when they have taunt with skateboard attacks = fury buffs
    - build fury, using heavies or combos (max ten)
    - i use sp2 since that gives him a precision buff increasing crit rate for each debuff. Keep debuffs on opponent by using heavy or sps. I don't use the 3rd but it increases debuff duration by 75% and it will reapply existing ones with the new duration, can always fire it off if struggling to keep them up but they do easily refresh on opponent knockdown
    I use him with DH synergy, which reduces armour rating for each debuff
    He also has incinerate immunity, some resistance and his attacks that use his skateboard can't be evaded. I really enjoy playing him, he does take some practice but his damage output is really good. Absolutely love him, hope to pull him someday as a 5*!
  • Options
    BubblingTeapotBubblingTeapot Posts: 21
    Thanks so much for the advice guys! Definitely more excited now to take him out for a spin and hopefully I will enjoy it.
  • Options
    GuruYosenGuruYosen Posts: 87
    Well he's immune to mordo's evade as long as you launch true strike