**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Abyss Mephisto question

FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
I am planning on starting the Abyss run on the easy path. I am hoping to get some help from the community.

Would BWCV be able to take Mephisto? I can’t find much online. I could awaken and take Void to R5 and pump 170 stones into him but I would rather not if Claire can do that fight.

The champs I am thinking of bringing are:
R5 Aegon Sig 200
R5 NF
6R2 BWCV
R5 Quake
Either Proxima or Heimdall

Comments

• DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    I didn't use her, but if you kept her curse of hellfire active, should be possible.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I am planning on starting the Abyss run on the easy path. I am hoping to get some help from the community.

Would BWCV be able to take Mephisto? I can’t find much online. I could awaken and take Void to R5 and pump 170 stones into him but I would rather not if Claire can do that fight.

R5 Aegon Sig 200
    R5 NF
    6R2 BWCV
    R5 Quake

I think she could but it wouldn’t be an easy fight. It’d be cheaper to just rank Void
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Claire satisfying the need of an incinerate immune - sure
    But Abyss Mephisto is always gaining power and since you won't be able to keep switching between Claire's posin sp2 to power drain and still be incinerate immune;
    Void is therefore the best option - 1 petrify and you've got the fight until your charges run out.

I made a post here if you haven't seen it:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/184986/abyss-initial-completion-guide-with-data-as-a-f2p-void-sym-sup-aegon-and-fury#latest
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Woozie said:

Claire satisfying the need of an incinerate immune - sure
    But Abyss Mephisto is always gaining power and since you won't be able to keep switching between Claire's posin sp2 to power drain and still be incinerate immune;
    Void is therefore the best option - 1 petrify and you've got the fight until your charges run out.

I made a post here if you haven't seen it:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/184986/abyss-initial-completion-guide-with-data-as-a-f2p-void-sym-sup-aegon-and-fury#latest

Thank you. This helps a lot.

Should be ok with 3k units, 150 cav daily, bunch of heals and 60 revives. Thinking it will be fun.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Rank void. He’s very useful in a lot of other fights across AoL and he’s a good champion to have ranked up in general tbh. Also, you’re gonna get enough resources to rank up another champ anyway from completion
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Do Void but replace Quake with him. You will need BWCV for other fights. He also helps for Mordo as well.

For 5th spot use Heimdal.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

R5 Aegon Sig 200
    R5 NF
    6R2 BWCV
    R5 Quake

quake can do it also
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Able to? Yes, fun fight that is going to be done in a low revive count? No
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    I took down Mephisto to 25% with Claire. Wish I had soloed that guy?.Claire works super great must run Suicides though.I think it could be an easy solo.

Mephisto is super fun with Claire and I used alot of SP3 in just one minute.Here is a tip.

Go to hellfire and hit mephisto with only MLLL, don't apply incinerate debuff on him just MLLL.Keep him activating his aura you will be gaining power like hell. You will be spamming SP3 like namor uses his SP2 during imperius rex.

After torch this is the quickest kill I have done to mephisto.

And you shouldn't worry about mephisto, mordo and IMIW are there to take your revives.

For Mordo and IMIW you really need a good counter.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Changed it up slightly and been slow playing it. I am at the collector and have him down to 75% health. I have used 70-75 revives so far. Some of those were dumb mistakes. I ended up changing my lineup to:
    R5 Aegon
    R5 NF
    R5 Void
    R5 Sym Supreme
    Heimdall

So glad I went with Void and Sym. Thanks to everyone for the help. I will post what I get when I complete it tonight. Then back to looking for an alliance again. LOL