**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to grind units(6k per month) for Cyber Monday or other content that you may wish to do.

Comments

• Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    What's cyber Monday offer??? What kind of offers thay gave?????
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    time is more valuable than anything in the world. I'll pass
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Chãoly said:

Why do you grind them if you can buy them 🤔

Instead of grinding arena 6 hours a day, get a part time job and just buy them!
  • Options
    Chewie420Chewie420 Posts: 96
    All i saw was 1500 units per week for 42 hours of grinding.. thats literally a full time job thats only paying you about 70 bucks a week.. not happening lol. Id sooner pay for an odins chest
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Bottom line, you choose to either spend time or money on this game. Neither is better, it's all up to the individual.
  • Options
    rivetrivet Posts: 254
    I thought about 2 hour a day would be enough for that goal, 6 hour per day grind is too much. Also, is 2 star arena mile stone easier than 3 star arena, I find the opposite if you can use some arena boost.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    I will only do twice a day, 1hr each time. My roster is sufficient to finish all the milestones in 4*basic and 4*feature, plus 4.5M milestone in 5*feature in these two hours * 3 days

Any grinding beyond this two hours is not worthy at all for me...
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★

The easy way to earn a heap of units without the crazy arena grind.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I don't consider this a healthy way of playing.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

Arham1 said:

135 from 4* Basic and 135 from 4*Featured, 10 from 3* and 65 from 2*=345×2 = 690 per week.

30×2= 60 from t4b and t1a arena.

25 × 5= 125(from solo event, let's say 5 are easily do-able)

50k battlechips from arena per day = 350k units per week = 600 units (average)
    690+60+125+600=1475 (per week)

This is how I grind arena, but I also spend alot of them. I grind around 6 hours a day.
    You can get about 6000 units, counting the units from monthly calendar.

That makes 6000 units per month.

There are 4 months left before Cyber Monday offers. 6000×4 = 24000 units.

This will be more than enough to buy all the offers and have some left over if you wish to do variants or some other content.

Good Luck

In the United States, that's a full-time job. What is your employment benefits? Does Kabam offer you full Medical and Dental? Tuition Reimbursement? What about paid leave?
    6 hours is a full time job in the US? That's like 30 hours a week for a standard office job. Hell I won't even start on the 12 hour 6 days a week sales job I did in my early 20s 😂
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

The easy way to earn a heap of units without the crazy arena grind.

That's good if you're not going for the twice a year big deals.

I'm F2P, but I do full milestones in the top 3 arenas. These days I don't feel the grind like I used to, that's what building your roster does.
  • Options
    DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    if you have the time and no other commitments, sure go ahead. But stretch your fingers once a while. You can get carpal tunnel or finger injury from playing too much.

Based on insight from Samsung galaxy, average for samsung players is only around 1 hour.
  • Options
    Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    DariusYi said:

if you have the time and no other commitments, sure go ahead. But stretch your fingers once a while. You can get carpal tunnel or finger injury from playing too much.

Based on insight from Samsung galaxy, average for samsung players is only around 1 hour.

This is also important to keep in mind. Take breaks every 2 hours or so.
  • Options
    Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    Kennado said:

Arham1 said:

135 from 4* Basic and 135 from 4*Featured, 10 from 3* and 65 from 2*=345×2 = 690 per week.

This is how I grind arena, but I also spend alot of them. I grind around 6 hours a day.

This will be more than enough to buy all the offers and have some left over if you wish to do variants or some other content.

Good Luck

In the United States, that's a full-time job. What is your employment benefits? Does Kabam offer you full Medical and Dental? Tuition Reimbursement? What about paid leave?
    Well. As I said. I'm always playing with my left hand and doing something else with my right. So, you can eat, all the while playing, watching TV shows, and playing, watching movies, and playing.
  • Options
    Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    6hrs a day of my time @ $30/h = $180 per day.
    so i can go to work and earn enough to buy more than 1 odin....

6000 units for "free" really doesnt seem good when you look at the sheer volume of time put in does it....

2 days work will buy me what 30days arena grind can earn me......
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian
    Arsoz said:

Arham1 said:

Kennado said:

Arham1 said:

Good Luck

Well. As I said. I'm always playing with my left hand and doing something else with my right. So, you can eat, all the while playing, watching TV shows, and playing, watching movies, and playing.
    hmmmm "I'm always playing with my left hand and doing something else with my right"

I guess that's one reason why arena grinding can be much less stressful than Alliance War: most people need both hands in Alliance War.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Arsoz said:

Arham1 said:

Kennado said:

Arham1 said:

Good Luck

hmmmm "I'm always playing with my left hand and doing something else with my right"

I guess that's one reason why arena grinding can be much less stressful than Alliance War: most people need both hands in Alliance War.
    Hm... the right hand releases stress. So that’s what people call it nowadays..
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Six hours/day is indeed a large amount of time.

Based on my experience, each round (fights + loading and transition screens) effectively lasts, on average, around 2 mins for me. I run full suicides, so the fights typically last only for 20-30 secs.

And with the optimum lineups I've come up with for each arena, the required number of rounds to get to max milestones, assuming I don't lose my streak, are normally:

5-star featured: ~73 rounds (equiv. to 2.43 hrs)
    4-star featured: ~62 rounds (2.17 hrs)
    4- star basic: ~41 rounds (1.37 hrs)

In summation, the grind time for all of the mentioned arenas for me is just under 6 hrs. That's over a 3-day period. Considering more rank-ups being done regularly, the grind time for the first two arenas should be lower but not by a large amount.

There's not a lot of units in the 3-star basic and catalyst arenas, so if units are the only resources concerned, better leave those alone to lessen the fatigue of grinding.

Again, this is just my experience. My staple lineups and resulting win streaks are all but unique to my own account setup and play style.

Hope this helps mitigate some of the negative connotation of "the grind". Cheers 🍻
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Hieitaku said:

i am assuming you must run suicides? this timing is not applicable to everyone.
    i only run 5/50 champs in my 4* arena
    41 rounds takes over 2 hours.
    73 rounds in 2.5 hours. that is about 4 hours for me
    ~20 per hour is maximum (iphone 11 pro max, no suicides) and that is with constant fast paced no time wasted.
    i have the best fastest phone for MCOC but cant get anywhere near that speed.

just saying this as i believe 40 matches in 1.3 hours is far far unrealistic for most people playing.
    20 matches per hour is a realistic push IMO.
  • Options

Hieitaku said:

No need to assume. I already stated it there. Fights usually end in 15-20 hits. And those play times, as I also said, are all but unique to my setup and play style. If anyone wants to get the numbers I'm getting, something like the setup that I'm using can help them get there.
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

Hieitaku said:

No need to assume. I already stated it there. Fights usually end in 15-20 hits. And those play times, as I also said, are all but unique to my setup and play style. If anyone wants to get the numbers I'm getting, something like the setup that I'm using can help them get there.
    i mean it costs 6000 units to get full suicides, so even under your max arena it takes 1 month for them to pay themselves off.
    heck i am not debating the usefulness of playing arena, just merely stating that it is a crazy insane time grind to get those kind of units out of it.
    yes possible but most people have jobs and lives. and struggle to get 2hrs a day to dedicate to gaming. if you have 2hrs to dedicate to games, by the time you do your questing there is 0 time for arena.

so yeah possible but as i said i can arena for 6 hrs across 3 days for an entire month or i can work for 1-2 days to buy the same units.
    so the grind is insane.
    on weekdays with work finding 2 hrs to dedicate to arena is not an easy task.
    wake up - leave for work = 1hr
    travel to work = 1hr
    work = 9hrs
    travel home = 1hr
    already at 12hrs.
    coffee, shower, relax, = 1hr.
    MCOC questing time = 1hr
    prepping dinner & eating = 1hr
    various MCOC time = 1hr
    now up to 16hrs
    sleep time = 8hrs
    there is 24 hrs in a day easy gone.
    fitting 2hrs for arena is tough......
    obviously also there is family time, maybe need to stop at the shops, maybe watch a tv show.

there are ways to mitigate the grind but you gotta give up something to make the grind happen.
    give up work time? give up questing time? give up family time? give up sleep time?

don't get me wrong i play arena when i can, obviously need gold and units but there is no denying that getting 6000 units per month is well out of reach for the majority of the player base.
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    6 hrs? Sheeesh. Between my 12 hr work shift, getting my kid fed and in bed, and listening to my wife complain for an hour, I have no time.
  • Options

Hieitaku said:

Hieitaku said:

i mean it costs 6000 units to get full suicides, so even under your max arena it takes 1 month for them to pay themselves off.
    heck i am not debating the usefulness of playing arena, just merely stating that it is a crazy insane time grind to get those kind of units out of it.
    yes possible but most people have jobs and lives. and struggle to get 2hrs a day to dedicate to gaming. if you have 2hrs to dedicate to games, by the time you do your questing there is 0 time for arena.

so yeah possible but as i said i can arena for 6 hrs across 3 days for an entire month or i can work for 1-2 days to buy the same units.
    so the grind is insane.
    travel to work = 1hr
    work = 9hrs
    travel home = 1hr
    already at 12hrs.
    MCOC questing time = 1hr
    various MCOC time = 1hr
    now up to 16hrs
    sleep time = 8hrs
    obviously also there is family time, maybe need to stop at the shops, maybe watch a tv show.

there are ways to mitigate the grind but you gotta give up something to make the grind happen.
    give up work time? give up questing time? give up family time? give up sleep time?

don't get me wrong i play arena when i can, obviously need gold and units but there is no denying that getting 6000 units per month is well out of reach for the majority of the player base.
    So much effort to prove a point that I'm not even debating against. Chill.

I just wanted to share my experience on the subject - that it is possible to go through the arenas with the amount of time spent that I specified. Whether it is worth it to attain and sustain a setup like the one I'm using or not, that's entirely up to each individual.

On the point of suicides, they aren't just best for arena. They can be beneficial in other content for rosters that can handle them well.
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

Hieitaku said:

Hieitaku said:

so the grind is insane.
    travel to work = 1hr
    work = 9hrs
    travel home = 1hr
    already at 12hrs.
    MCOC questing time = 1hr
    various MCOC time = 1hr
    now up to 16hrs
    sleep time = 8hrs

So much effort to prove a point that I'm not even debating against. Chill.

I just wanted to share my experience on the subject - that it is possible to go through the arenas with the amount of time spent that I specified. Whether it is worth it to attain and sustain a setup like the one I'm using or not, that's entirely up to each individual.

On the point of suicides, they aren't just best for arena. They can be beneficial in other content for rosters that can handle them well.
    and i am just stating my opinion.
    why you feel attacked i don't know..

do people forget how to have a discussion?
    do people forget that people can have different points without being angry and arguing

you make point.
    i make counter point.
    where is issue? i see no issue...
    i think you need to chill noone was attacking you
    and also that post i made took no effort.