Options

“Fixed alliance war matchmaking”

Comments

• Options
    ZomagedonZomagedon Posts: 31
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

I will continue to point out these side effects because unlike some, I'm not willing to ignore the problems people are facing.

Except I'm pretty sure you've stated quite a few times your done with the back and forth. so which is it. Kabam said war rating rules. If you dont like it, tell them. Instead of spamming each and every matchmaking post that kabam is wrong.
    You mean as opposed to spamming it that everything is right because the War Ratings are the same and it will all balance out? Pretty sure the other side can have a voice too.
    It is right. Kabam has made that rule. If you really want it changed, go to the suggestions forum.
    You act like kabam would actually listen to matchmaking suggestions 🤣
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Zomagedon said:

Some people here aren’t understanding. We’ve been in bronze 1 for the past 10 seasons, and we haven’t been able to get any higher because of the matchmaking and it keeps putting us against way better alliances because we have similar war ratings. Just because we have the same war rating, that doesn’t mean we have any chance at beating an alliance that’s leagues above us. Just because things are more fair for the higher up alliances, it doesn’t justify how us players in bronze are being treated. I don’t understand why it can’t be based off of both alliance rating AND ALSO war rating. Or better yet, why not get rid of war rating all together, because it only really makes things worse for alliances that are trying their best to come up. I don’t see how this “new” system is “putting us in our place” when we’ve always been in bronze for 10 seasons anyways. We don’t even have a real chance to win this time. No one can convince me I’m in a fair war just because of war rating alone. It’s not like I can get back to bronze 1 with this kind of matchmaking, now my alliance is stuck in bronze 3, which is even worse. At first we were able to get into silver 2, then it got worse and worse overtime and now we are struggling to stay in bronze. It’s all BS.

It actually does. When the higher skilled players beat you their war rating goes up and they are no longer able to match against you anymore. That will give you a chance to move up if you are capable as well.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Zomagedon said:

Some people here aren’t understanding. We’ve been in bronze 1 for the past 10 seasons, and we haven’t been able to get any higher because of the matchmaking and it keeps putting us against way better alliances because we have similar war ratings. Just because we have the same war rating, that doesn’t mean we have any chance at beating an alliance that’s leagues above us. Just because things are more fair for the higher up alliances, it doesn’t justify how us players in bronze are being treated. I don’t understand why it can’t be based off of both alliance rating AND ALSO war rating. Or better yet, why not get rid of war rating all together, because it only really makes things worse for alliances that are trying their best to come up. I don’t see how this “new” system is “putting us in our place” when we’ve always been in bronze for 10 seasons anyways. We don’t even have a real chance to win this time. No one can convince me I’m in a fair war just because of war rating alone. It’s not like I can get back to bronze 1 with this kind of matchmaking, now my alliance is stuck in bronze 3, which is even worse. At first we were able to get into silver 2, then it got worse and worse overtime and now we are struggling to stay in bronze. It’s all BS.

I’ve stopped reading at the point you said: “why not get rid of war rating at all”.
    Hilarious. Just hilarious 👏👏👏
  • Options

I will continue to point out these side effects because unlike some, I'm not willing to ignore the problems people are facing.

Bronze3 is a fairly big pool. If they were high enough up, then it's still possible they could remain in bronze3.
    It's the fact they're coming up against a Gold 3 that's almost 3 times their size.
    @GroundedWisdom Explain how we've come up against 3, Platinum 1 alliances, all of them 10M below us in rating. We struggled to reach P4 last season. Not one could bypass our defence.

Tell me how an alliance, which grinds and puts the work and effort in, and are physically superior, are less deserving of placing higher in alliance wars? If you are fighting alliances which are too big. Your rating is too high.

Our last two wars have had 8M and 10M above us, we've won one, and off to a decent start on the second.

If you don't like the system because it doesn't benefit you, if all you have to say is negative things and moan about pro player moves, by all means.. theres an unistall button.
    Kabam should’ve lowered our rating instead of lowering our rank, because now it’s gonna drop us down even more, and we are never gonna come up for the next few years
  • Options
    Zomagedon said:

Bronze3 is a fairly big pool. If they were high enough up, then it's still possible they could remain in bronze3.
    It's the fact they're coming up against a Gold 3 that's almost 3 times their size.
    @GroundedWisdom Explain how we've come up against 3, Platinum 1 alliances, all of them 10M below us in rating. We struggled to reach P4 last season. Not one could bypass our defence.

Tell me how an alliance, which grinds and puts the work and effort in, and are physically superior, are less deserving of placing higher in alliance wars? If you are fighting alliances which are too big. Your rating is too high.

Our last two wars have had 8M and 10M above us, we've won one, and off to a decent start on the second.

If you don't like the system because it doesn't benefit you, if all you have to say is negative things and moan about pro player moves, by all means.. theres an unistall button.
    Kabam should’ve lowered our rating instead of lowering our rank, because now it’s gonna drop us down even more, and we are never gonna come up for the next few years
    dont be so overdramatic, it should clear itself up after a few more fights, if not when they halve the war ratings next season.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Oh yes. Ignore what people are dealing with now because it'll all be okay in the morning.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Zomagedon said:

Lowering your rating would lower your rank anyways.
    Also, the matchmaking for the past 10 seasons has been going off of either your alliance prestige or alliance rating, war rating has played a very tiny part in matchmaking for almost a year, so if you’ve been unable to climb the ranks it’s because you just weren’t good compared to other alliances at your alliance rating/prestige level.

Under the new system, which now matches on war rating primarily, the more you lose, the easier your opponents become in terms of skill and roster. Under the old, flawed system, losing didn’t lead to easier matches.
    If anything, for many it led to more stressful matches as Wars came down to 1-2 deaths.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

dont be so overdramatic, it should clear itself up after a few more fights, if not when they halve the war ratings next season.
    We are gonna be all the way down in stone by the time things go “back to normal”
    Even tho we were always bronze 1. We have never been able to come up because our war rating is abnormally high, which is why they need to lower war rating instead of rank. If you were our position your opinion would be completely different.
  • Options

Oh yes. Ignore what people are dealing with now because it'll all be okay in the morning.

For someone who claims it is not an issue for you personally you sure are taking this all very personally. you claimed it is not the loss, it is not the rewards, now after my analogy it is not even the massive disparity in skill, because that is apparently ok too in some situation. So please tell me what the issue is with the adjustment?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,826 ★★★★★
    Zomagedon said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Except I'm pretty sure you've stated quite a few times your done with the back and forth. so which is it. Kabam said war rating rules. If you dont like it, tell them. Instead of spamming each and every matchmaking post that kabam is wrong.
    You mean as opposed to spamming it that everything is right because the War Ratings are the same and it will all balance out? Pretty sure the other side can have a voice too.
    It is right. Kabam has made that rule. If you really want it changed, go to the suggestions forum.
    You act like kabam would actually listen to matchmaking suggestions 🤣
    Lol normally I'd say no, but this time they did because the old matchmaking was bologna. And now it's based on what it should be all along. War rating. You fight in wars. It's the only thing that should matter.
  • Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★

Well you are certainly ignoring the past 10 seasons. What’s a few weeks?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

For someone who claims it is not an issue for you personally you sure are taking this all very personally. you claimed it is not the loss, it is not the rewards, now after my analogy it is not even the massive disparity in skill, because that is apparently ok too in some situation. So please tell me what the issue is with the adjustment?
    The issue is it's not just an adjustment. It's sacrificing the efforts of some Players so others can benefit. That's not just a simple adjustment. It's not even a solution to the issue. It's making it advantageous for some to rob the ability to win from others. This whole business about people suffering in the Rankings doesn't make it okay to set up Matches that ensure people will fail. At all.
  • Options

Zomagedon said:

Lowering your rating would lower your rank anyways.
    Also, the matchmaking for the past 10 seasons has been going off of either your alliance prestige or alliance rating, war rating has played a very tiny part in matchmaking for almost a year, so if you’ve been unable to climb the ranks it’s because you just weren’t good compared to other alliances at your alliance rating/prestige level.

Under the new system, which now matches on war rating primarily, the more you lose, the easier your opponents become in terms of skill and roster. Under the old, flawed system, losing didn’t lead to easier matches.
    If anything, for many it led to harder matches as Wars came down to 1-2 deaths.
    Except we’ve been going up against alliances that are over double our prestige for so long, literally unable to win. And It’s been like that for at least 7 seasons. If it was mostly prestige, our alliance would be way further into the ranks, but there has been so many... way more than I can count, alliance wars where we are put against guys that are double the prestige of our alliance.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,338 ★★★★★
    It's the growing pains of switching to a new system. Give it a season or two, and it'll shake it correctly.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

We are gonna be all the way down in stone by the time things go “back to normal”
    Even tho we were always bronze 1. We have never been able to come up because our war rating is abnormally high, which is why they need to lower war rating instead of rank. If you were our position your opinion would be completely different.
    I don’t think you understand war rating, every loss it drops, while gw was trying to mock what we are saying it’s actually true, it will be alright in a few mornings, don’t waste items and let your losses drop you like they are supposed to. you are experiencing problems from your inflated war rating, you got that rating by winning more wars than would have been possible under a fair system. The reason we don’t have much pity is because we know from experience that once you find your correct level, a 50:50 war win rate is actually a solution, not a problem, those who were protected from fair competition and able to win 90% of their wars by never facing stronger alliances was what broke the system, it will all be sorted soon when you end up in the spot where you can win around 50% of wars, at the correct tier and multiplier and rewards that were designed for your progression in the game
  • Options

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

Want bronze 1 rewards, beat bronze 1 teams, it’s that simple.
    Tbh, I’m trying to figure out how you had a 1600 war rating but could only reach bronze 1, and I think it’s one or multiple of;
    You run 1-2 BGs
    You don’t/can’t kill war bosses
    Your alliance is very unorganised

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

Tbh, I’m trying to figure out how you had a 1600 war rating but could only reach bronze 1, and I think it’s one or multiple of;
    You run 1-2 BGs
    What are you even talking about???
    We aren’t going up against bronze 1 teams, we are going up against gold alliances, and it makes it way too unfair on us.
  • Options

Lormif said:

The issue is it's not just an adjustment. It's sacrificing the efforts of some Players so others can benefit. That's not just a simple adjustment. It's not even a solution to the issue. It's making it advantageous for some to rob the ability to win from others. This whole business about people suffering in the Rankings doesn't make it okay to set up Matches that ensure people will fail. At all.
    So this is a completely new argument from you, and honestly it does not hold water. In fact when I presented another situation where the system will ensure people will fail in the other thread, with the alliance that went to p3 and lost skilled players you acted like that was perfectly OK. No offence but you seem to be talking out both sides of your mouth.

This system does not rob the ability to win from people, it rewards you if you win against equally matched people and punishes you if you cannot, but to get to that there is an adjustment period. This case does not even to be an example of the adjustment period, just that a gold alliance got bad and dropped down. It happens.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Just stop. Drop down from what? Bronze 3? Against a Gold 3? Just stop.

Actually, you should stop. You're not looking at the whole picture here. Both alliances have 800-ish rating. That implies roughly 1600 rating last season, plus or minus a few wars. No 1600 alliance is likely to place Bronze 1 unless they either didn't fight all twelve wars or were fighting with less than three groups. So this alliance probably fought with one or two groups, or didn't fight in all the wars, or both. But the other alliance got to Gold 3, and that's almost impossible to do at 1600 rating unless they were fighting with three groups.

So you can't compare a Bronze 1 alliance against a Gold 3 alliance when they were not fighting with the same number of participants or even possibly the same number of wars last season. Two alliances exactly equal in fighting strength could end up in those widely separated brackets if they were not participating at the same level, and there seems to be no way those two alliances were participating at the same level last season given the brackets they ended up in.

This is yet another reason why it is so important to focus *only* on war rating, and not on anything else. When people focus on other things, like season bracket, which are influenced by things completely different from strength like number of participants or number of wars fought, they reach the wrong conclusions consistently.
    No. I've had quite enough of the excuses for these Matches.
  • Options
    Speeds80 said:

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

I don’t think you understand war rating, every loss it drops, while gw was trying to mock what we are saying it’s actually true, it will be alright in a few mornings, don’t waste items and let your losses drop you like they are supposed to. you are experiencing problems from your inflated war rating, you got that rating by winning more wars than would have been possible under a fair system. The reason we don’t have much pity is because we know from experience that once you find your correct level, a 50:50 war win rate is actually a solution, not a problem, those who were protected from fair competition and able to win 90% of their wars by never facing stronger alliances was what broke the system, it will all be sorted soon when you end up in the spot where you can win around 50% of wars, at the correct tier and multiplier and rewards that were designed for your progression in the game
    So would it affect my war rank? Would I still be in bronze if I lose?
  • Options
    Zomagedon said:

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs
    We aren’t going up against bronze 1 teams, we are going up against gold alliances, and it makes it way too unfair on us.
    But how did you get to 1600 war rating while only landing bronze 1? Winning 50% of your 12 wars with 3BGs should be a guaranteed silver 1 atleast.
  • Options

Zomagedon said:

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs
    But how did you get to 1600 war rating while only landing bronze 1? Winning 50% of your 12 wars with 3BGs should be a guaranteed silver 1 atleast.
    They both have a war rating of 814.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,004 ★★★★
    You say excuses we say reasons.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs
    In case you are unaware, all war ratings were halved, so they were both at 1600 last season.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs
    In case you are unaware, all war ratings were halved, so they were both at 1600 last season.
    I was not, my apologizes, I thought that was happening next season. I just came back this week.
  • Options

Zomagedon said:

Lormif said:

Zomagedon said:

You run 1-2 BGs
    We can only really do great in alliance war when we only do 1 BG. My alliance isn’t active enough to do amazing in 2 or more.
    And I don’t know how we have that kind of war rating, it’s so confusing, and I wish kabam would just cut our rating in half again so we can start fight more fair matches. Also our alliance used to be 10 mil but our alliance fell apart at one point and we had to build it back up full of newer less experienced players.
    It’s been very hard just to simply maintain the alliance, not just war
This discussion has been closed.