**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So what about the units we grind from arenas?

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Why does it appear that all events that help free to play players have been cancelled until further notice yet the money making events such as AQ and AW (just as bugged) are still active. Also, all those crystals are still available for purchase.

Because many people grind arena for the champions and the rank rewards also, and the server crashes are causing a lot of people's grind to get screwed up. If they run a new featured champ and people can't win him or lose rank shards because of outages that would be problematic for them.
  • Serious_786Serious_786 Posts: 99 ★★

Hey all,

We are aware of the effect that a lack of Arenas has on our players, and as we mentioned before, we will determine appropriate Compensation, but not until we have the issue resolved and know all the ways in which these issues affected players.

Thanks for the Response Miky!
    Still I'll say you guys can be better at communicating with us😑😑
    DNA3000 said:

Hey all,

We are aware of the effect that a lack of Arenas has on our players, and as we mentioned before, we will determine appropriate Compensation, but not until we have the issue resolved and know all the ways in which these issues affected players.

Thanks for the Response Miky!
    Still I'll say you guys can be better at communicating with us😑😑
    @Kabam Miike and the rest of the community people can only pass along information they get from the actual developers and engineers working the problem and the operations and production people who have to determine how to manage the repair efforts and then decide how to compensate players. But all of those guys are probably busy working on the problem (or catching a moment's rest, as the issues have been happening around the clock) so any time spent discussing the problem with the community team to pass along to us is time not spent fixing the problem. And under the current conditions, the community people can't just stand by the cubicle and listen in, because I don't think most of them are even working together in the same place in the offices.

The logistics of us getting information from the community team getting it from the devs and support people are probably a lot more complex and time consuming, and right now I would rather they focus on the problem first, and tell us all about it when its over.
    Hmm... Understood!
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    With how complicated this compensation is going to be I wouldn't expect a quick turn around, for starters the issues haven't even been resolved yet & then they need to decide what compensation will be. Expect 2-3 weeks
  • Regardless of the strategy you personally use for to obtain potions, items, gold or rank up materials to support content in the game, it's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

The point is as of this moment, there is no way to readily obtain battle chips (and by extension units) or units outright; both of which can be gained by arena.

If you've already completed the monthly content, the only way to obtain units now is CASH. The 22-hour daily event units are also not available.

My strategy has always been to use glory for rank up materials and use units to obtain potions.

The reason why is ....

...you can always readily obtain rank up materials with glory from the glory store for decent value. You cannot do but cannot with units (no, I do not count the crappy daily pop up offers).

..and you can always use units for alliance potions and questing potions from the store; potions can always be obtained with units. Non-alliance potions, specifically revives, cannot be obtained with glory.

Further, glory is bottlenecked with the end of AQ weeks. It's less easily obtained than units, as long as you're willing to grind arena. With that said, I've consistently gained in the range of 300 to 400 units DAILY from arena

As far as completing content, perhaps this month my strategy was finish the monthly content first and to take my time doing a little bit of Abyss daily, gaining the units I need FROM ARENA to support revives.

This is the way I've chose to play the game. Others may choose to play differently.

The strategy on how to play the game isn't a mandate NOR should it be. If you use your glory on potions and don't grind arena and only use your loyalty to buy multiple 5* Unstoppable Collossus that's your prerogative.

I'll decide on how I play my game thank you. Maybe I'll continue free-to-play, maybe I'll whale out. Maybe I'll skip arena. How I play is up to me. It might change day-to-day or month-to-month.

By removing arena today, the first time I can ever remember it being done, Kabam has substantially altered how the game can be played. No available free to play battle chips or units.

They're going to offer compensation for arenas?

What does that mean? How's that gonna work?

You're going to identify the players who consistently play arena and give them their average compensation of units gold and battlechips based on past performance? You're going to give everyone free arena rewards even if they don't normally play arena? Or you're going to give everyone the featured arena champs, because this might had been the week they decided to put up 80 million for Sasquatch?

Regardless of the strategy you personally use for to obtain potions, items, gold or rank up materials to support content in the game, it's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

The point is as of this moment, there is no way to readily obtain battle chips (and by extension units) or units outright; both of which can be gained by arena.

If you've already completed the monthly content, the only way to obtain units now is CASH. The 22-hour daily event units are also not available.

My strategy has always been to use glory for rank up materials and use units to obtain potions.

The reason why is ....

...you can always readily obtain rank up materials with glory from the glory store for decent value. You cannot do but cannot with units (no, I do not count the crappy daily pop up offers).

..and you can always use units for alliance potions and questing potions from the store; potions can always be obtained with units. Non-alliance potions, specifically revives, cannot be obtained with glory.

Further, glory is bottlenecked with the end of AQ weeks. It's less easily obtained than units, as long as you're willing to grind arena. With that said, I've consistently gained in the range of 300 to 400 units DAILY from arena

As far as completing content, perhaps this month my strategy was finish the monthly content first and to take my time doing a little bit of Abyss daily, gaining the units I need FROM ARENA to support revives.

This is the way I've chose to play the game. Others may choose to play differently.

The strategy on how to play the game isn't a mandate NOR should it be. If you use your glory on potions and don't grind arena and only use your loyalty to buy multiple 5* Unstoppable Collossus that's your prerogative.

I'll decide on how I play my game thank you. Maybe I'll continue free-to-play, maybe I'll whale out. Maybe I'll skip arena. How I play is up to me. It might change day-to-day or month-to-month.

By removing arena today, the first time I can ever remember it being done, Kabam has substantially altered how the game can be played. No available free to play battle chips or units.

You're going to identify the players who consistently play arena and give them their average compensation of units gold and battlechips based on past performance? You're going to give everyone free arena rewards even if they don't normally play arena? Or you're going to give everyone the featured arena champs, because this might had been the week they decided to put up 80 million for Sasquatch?

@Paa_Paa_Power123 Agreed! I think the compensation for this will be like 500-600 units, X amount of battlechips and 400k-500k gold.
    Which I agree will be unfair to many players like my allymates grind up to 1200 units and 600k-800k gold per round. They grind like crazy and that compensation which I mentioned earlier will be unfair for them BUT there's no other options I think. Kabam can't identify players who play less arenas, more arenas, moderate etc I mean they can't seperate and if they do than it will take months as there are many more issues they're currently dealing with.

Do that compensation will be a free gift for the ones who don't play arenas at all, will be absolutely great for the ones who play moderately and unfair for the ones who grind alot and are targeting for the cyber Monday offers etc etc

@Kabam Miike Thoughts??
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

Regardless of the strategy you personally use for to obtain potions, items, gold or rank up materials to support content in the game, it's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

The reason why is ....

@Paa_Paa_Power123 Agreed! I think the compensation for this will be like 500-600 units, X amount of battlechips and 400k-500k gold.
    Which I agree will be unfair to many players like my allymates grind up to 1200 units and 600k-800k gold per round. They grind like crazy and that compensation which I mentioned earlier will be unfair for them BUT there's no other options I think. Kabam can't identify players who play less arenas, more arenas, moderate etc I mean they can't seperate and if they do than it will take months as there are many more issues they're currently dealing with.

Do that compensation will be a free gift for the ones who don't play arenas at all, will be absolutely great for the ones who play moderately and unfair for the ones who grind alot and are targeting for the cyber Monday offers etc etc

@Kabam Miike Thoughts??
    Just resend out the previous arena’s rewards. And standardized package (that includes Gold, BCs and units) for each rank reward, eg 1-10% gets X, 10-25% gets Y etc.
  • Ares2239Ares2239 Posts: 52
    They will probably give around 1000 units, 500k BC, 500k gold on top of alliance revives and potions with maybe some 5* and 6* shards at this point.
  • Ares2239Ares2239 Posts: 52
    Keniutek said:

This is awesome... never played an arena in my life and now i will get "free" units :D
    Btw. How much units can you grind getting all the milestones (for the 2, 3,4 and 5*)?

For a week worth of milestones and opening your battleships about 1200-1500

• FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    Ares2239 said:

Keniutek said:

This is awesome... never played an arena in my life and now i will get "free" units :D
    Btw. How much units can you grind getting all the milestones (for the 2, 3,4 and 5*)?

For a week worth of milestones and opening your battleships about 1200-1500

It's 1k per 3 day arena round at least
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

The reason why is ....

@Kabam Miike Thoughts??
    Just resend out the previous arena’s rewards. And standardized package (that includes Gold, BCs and units) for each rank reward, eg 1-10% gets X, 10-25% gets Y etc.
    I mostly skipped last round because I did a featured grind the round before and also didn’t want to content with all the crashing and lag, it wouldn’t really work for quite a lot of people
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Feels weird to log in mcoc without arena tab
  • Blaze929Blaze929 Posts: 9
    @ kabam Mike.
    I get the whole we gotta fix it part. But like all these players keep complaining about the arenas to grind units we are also left unfortunately without energy refills as well so the only part left on in the game we can only log in run 70 energy and then must wait on more or be forced to spend our cash on this when in fact kabam should of at least thought of that and made a quick compensation with 10 or so full refills until problem is solved,now it’s going on days with this chaos and still only empty words from kabam. Less talk more action. That simple.
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★

How about an eta on when things might be resolved? I know that you guys can’t give us an exact date/time but an idea would be appreciated.

Seems pretty clear that they have no clue how long it will take to fix these issues. I doubt that they will give us an ETA because it would only be a guess and if they are wrong, then players will be even more upset when the game is not restored on the date promised. If anybody on the design team is getting any sleep then they’re idiots, because an extended shut down could kill the game. Players will find other ways to fill the time and many won’t come back.
    Woah! Arenas are back!
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Hi folks! In an effort to restore content missed during the recent bout of maintenance periods, we have relaunched the Deadpool (X-Force) Arenas and other events. You can also find out more about the updated Sasquatch Arena schedule and other events here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/211390/stability-update-july-24-enabling-events-deadpool-x-force-arena-rescheduled-sasquatch-arenas