**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Easy way for Kabam to buff old champions as part of the roadmap towards (hopefully) saving this game

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited June 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I know there are so many issues that Kabam must address in their roadmap (and they haven’t done themselves any favors by stalling) but here’s one easy solution to buffing old champions that shouldn’t take that much time.

Use champion specific buff/debuff stacking on par with Hyperion/Nick Fury. Such a simple fix (instead of whole champion reworks like Colosus) but it would make the game so much more fun with these older champs (think Incursions).

For example:

Abomination/Diablo/etcetera: Stacks Poison Debuffs

Cyclops/Gambit/etcetera: Stacks Incinerate Debuffs

Daredevil/Moon Knight/Classic Ironman/etcetera: Stacks Precision Buffs

Electro/Storm/Jane Foster/Thor/etcetera: Stacks Electrical Debuffs

And so on and so on...

This wouldn’t take a long time (all the animations could remain the same) but it would absolutely make any champion with this type of dynamic instantly more relevant and enjoyable for the game.

Lighting Fists and Pyrotechnics are the greatest novel aspect of Incursions and it would be so easy to put into place with champions in regular gameplay.

Comments

• Options
    MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★

Also, Jane Foster isn’t bad. She can be used for Abyss and the Grandmaster.

(I have proof for this, fight me)

Show us the proof
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Jane Foster for Abyss, this post right here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/180610/abyss-o-legends-completion-no-doom

For Grandmaster, CCP member Karate Mike: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OUl6LJBRXg

here ya go @Mathgeek
  • Options
    MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Thanks
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Why Incinerates? Cyclops' beams are more Concussion-based, and I don't think Gambit lights anyone on fire.
  • Options
    pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★

Why Incinerates? Cyclops' beams are more Concussion-based, and I don't think Gambit lights anyone on fire.
    I like the idea of adding incinerates to their special. A nice buff to add to their damage output and incinerate makes sense given their powers.
  • Options
    pete8388 said:

I like the idea of adding incinerates to their special. A nice buff to add to their damage output and incinerate makes sense given their powers.
    Exactly
  • Options
    pete8388 said:

People keep pushing for the game to be more "comic accurate", but then you're suggesting that we completely digress from the comics? Okay...

How does Incinerate make sense for Gambit, a mutant who can charge things with Kinetic Energy? Although fire has Kinetic Energy, it doesn't make sense either way for his attacks to burn his enemies.
  • Options

pete8388 said:

People keep pushing for the game to be more "comic accurate", but then you're suggesting that we completely digress from the comics? Okay...

How does Incinerate make sense for Gambit, a mutant who can charge things with Kinetic Energy? Although fire has Kinetic Energy, it doesn't make sense either way for his attacks to burn his enemies.
    Uh... isn’t it obvious? His kinetic energy can cause things to explode. Explosions create flammable gas that burns things... hence, incinerate debuffs.

Regardless, this is getting off the point. The point is simply that there’s an easy way to buff the worst champions in the game to make them more relevant and increase the overall enjoyment of the game.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    This is an idea that's been floated before, but they haven't acted on it in favor of ultra slow reworks and letting most champs stay sucking. They've already done the work implementing the buff/debuff/passive systems on other champs/synergies and they could lift and port them to other champs en masse with minimal fuss and/or muss.

• Options

pete8388 said:

Uh... isn’t it obvious? His kinetic energy can cause things to explode. Explosions create flammable gas that burns things... hence, incinerate debuffs.

Regardless, this is getting off the point. The point is simply that there’s an easy way to buff the worst champions in the game to make them more relevant and increase the overall enjoyment of the game.
    Combustion produces CO2, which is non-combustible, so you got a non-combustible gas. Furthermore, that's like saying since guns have gunpowder, the gun can explode, causing a burn, meaning that Joe Fixit should cause Incinerate.
  • Options
    H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    I had this idea sometime ago, what if we gave each of the OG 6 avengers unique synergies with each other, Based on MCU or comics. FOr example: OG Iron man could have a self aiding synergy with thor called "power level at 400%" in regards to the fight scene in the first avengers. this would give Iron man increased damage on specials and all of tehm would power burn. Also post arc overload (which heals extra) he gains increased attack and each of his specials regen a little bit.

ding something like this would please the whole player base, especially those who pulled an OG 6* Iron man from their first crystal and are going for Cavalier, Now if Kabam would lift the restriction so they can bring in their 4* thor
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

To be fair, there's some confusion among comic writers about Cyclops' beams, though they mostly lean towards concussion-based attacks. Maybe the specials can land concussions which provide extra damage?
  • Options

pete8388 said:

Combustion produces CO2, which is non-combustible, so you got a non-combustible gas. Furthermore, that's like saying since guns have gunpowder, the gun can explode, causing a burn, meaning that Joe Fixit should cause Incinerate.
    Why is this such an argument for you? We’re getting off topic. The point is to simply make useless champions relevant with minimal work to be done by Kabam.
  • Options
    ZirkonZirkon Posts: 61
    I think Hela needs to cause bleed on opponents. Uhm, she produces sharp blades?
  • Options
    DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    the pyro and lightning fist in incursion is awesome.