**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Iceman God tier ?

Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
edited September 2017 in Strategy and Tips

Is Iceman God tier ? 316 votes

Yes
62%
KickenChickenShadTheManwinterthurDraco2199MattyloVdh2008NevvBFlazinatorZamboni3119danielmathDHCVoLtSpidey076EvilEmpireCeeJayGolden_GuardianTheBaldAvengerDrakon56Titan_A97BitterSteelDarkestDestroyer 197 votes
No
14%
RagamugginGunnerBigdogbobSnizzbarXerxes15BadroseRbvojtikHeartlessNinjAlanNyaleSpity68ZoddymamNico010915SteelCurtainMUTThatsausageSlyCat42DropfaithChris_L_HTwuntCondemnedToeNormanBJJ 46 votes
He's a human popsicle of course he's a god.
23%
Neroa65ShrimkinsEdenrrificHarcourtmazeSeatinStefffGarbagePandaJcray705LoPrestiHort4SighsohardSaiyanMatthewCSanchezMillybearTheDarkLordHell_GoliathDrenlinTrimbobPrimmer79Appleisgod 73 votes

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes. Only champion without a major weakness
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Yes
    Yes. He provides the utility of tanking Special 3s and canceling evades while still having great damage.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Any champ which can survive a special 3 on low health has to be special. I don't have him, yet to open the monthly login crystal. Is his ability to survive special 3 similar with Gwenpool?

He fight similar like Mordo though.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Yes
    If iceman has his ice armor and takes a hit for more then 5% of his base hp it's reduced to 5% and breaks his icearmor. As long as you keep his ice armor up a sp3 can only hit him for 5%
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    No
    Triple immunity is awesome, but I fail to see how he is a "utility" champ, he's good for suicide masteries thats for sure
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    He's a human popsicle of course he's a god.
    Have to define "God tier" first.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Yes
    He's called utility because he's good for bleed, poison, all or nothing and evaders. I'm not sure all or nothing is a thing anywhere anymore though.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    No
    I’m still waiting to see what’s his utility is. Stopping someone from evading isn’t a selling point neither does it make a champ “god tier” if that’s the case then crossbones should be a god tier champ. He can ramp up damage much faster and better than iceman, he can stop evade, he can stop ability’s from triggering. It’s so many champs that can do more and have more utility than iceman but so many keep calling him this so called “god tier”.

I agree with you 100%, i think it was the crazy hype that makes him "god tier" to most people. Certain scenarios make certain champs god tier, but I think Archangel is better, unless you are fighting an immune champ. He can deal with evade as well, the only evade Archangel can't counter is Ultron's evade
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yes
    Triple immunities, can't take more than 5% damage, good overall damage, stops all evasions, does coldsnap (DoT) almost everything AA can do Iceman can too, and vice versa. If damage is your only qualifier for best champ, you should reconsider his utility. And he doesn't regen if he doesn't take more than 5% dmg. In that case SL isn't god tier.
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    Does it even matter. He is a great champ, one of the best.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    No
    Very good, but no power drain or heals makes it hard to call god tier overall.
    God tier AW attacker for sure, and a pain on defense. I wouldn't take into AQ unless I really needed an immunity champ though.
  • Was one of the most anticpated 5 * reruns in the game so far cause of how good he is. Good AQ, good war champ, great questing champ, can take more than ten sp3's to the face, cold snap, stops evade, has ice armor, can run suicides no damage except recoil, frost bite charges that get enhanced if you time it right with sp 2. Might as well be Zues. Can only lose 5% damage from a sp 3 with ice armor active from ANY CHAMP in any game mode and scratch him. GOD TIER!
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Yes
    Wolverine isn't even god tier at this point. Very useful regen, but eh.
  • I believe this really depends on your concept of what "god tier" actually is. For instance I voted no because I believe god tier should apply to champs who are multifaceted for instance, scarlet witch she can debuff applying power lock, power steal, apply an attack debuff, stun, poison and then on top of that she can apply stackable buffs to herself being regen, fury, cruelty, armor up, power floods... to me that's a true god tier champion. Another example would be someone like say wolverine who's regen heals him so much and so often that you can literally clear an entire AQ map 5 lane(depending on your lane) without losing any health whatsoever. Yes iceman's ice armor is a great utility but is it really worthy of "god tier" in my opinion no.... is his ability to shut down evade considered god tier considering only 4-5 champs have a passive evade none of which are seen anywhere besides war or event/story quests again not in my opinion.

I think a lot of people seem to be of the opinion that people like Iceman because of his ability to nullify Evade only. That's actually not his only advantage.

The idea of being "multifaceted" is what I believe most people who value Iceman are applying to him, but instead of applying it to the effects he can generate they apply it to the kinds of fights he is good in: looking less at the "how" and more at the "what." As you point out, Wolverine's high healing means he can clear a Map 5 lane, but it depends on which lane. He is much less good at clearing poison or bleed lanes, especially with heal block. Iceman is generally good in all Map 5 lanes. He is good in poison or bleed lanes. Heal block doesn't seriously affect him. He has the class advantage against the immune lane (which is skill). And against OG vision he can simply push him to special three and mitigate the SP3 with Ice armor.

The only nodes Iceman is not particularly good at fighting are nodes like Electro, Magik, and Yellowjacket. But the champions that are good against those nodes tend to be less good at a larger number of other nodes. The only champion I think is a better path runner than Iceman on Map 5 is OG vision, and you can only get him as a 4* champion (so far).

You say you believe "god tier" champs should be multifaceted, but you actually implicitly state two different criteria for god tier: either be really good at many things or be especially great at one thing - which your Wolverine example is. I would tend to agree in general, but even though I love Wolverine (he was my first 5/50) I don't quite consider him top tier because the one thing he is really good at is too easily taken away. Compare Star Lord and Wolverine. Star Lord can stack a huge amount of offense with long combos, and Wolverine can heal a huge amount of damage through his stackable regen. But heal block is a bit too common of an effect, and the heal is also random and sometimes fails to happen at a critical moment. Star Lord's attack buff can't be blocked and is 100% deterministic. So basically Star Lord gets to use his attack benefit everywhere (so long as you have the skill to stack it) while Wolverine cannot use his heal everywhere, and it isn't unfortunately a rare occurrence. To me that makes a difference: if you're going to be considered top tier based on being the best at one thing, that one thing needs to be useful an extremely high percentage of the time in my opinion.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Yes
    He has 3* iceman so he is a real expert in iceman :smirk: