Options

Legendary Crystals Drop Rates

SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
Hello.

I usually get five Legendary crystals to open all together, so I can get at least one 5* champ from them, since the drop rate is 20%. BUT, last time I did this, I only got (five) 4-star champions. I sent an email to kabam, they answered that the system is complicated, I asked again specifically to tell me if opening 5 crystals with the 20% percentage really works, a simple yes or no, another gereric answer and a link to the FAQ page.

Can anyone help me with this, anyone encountered a similar problem maybe? I m uncollected, and spending 5000 4* crystal shards every 10 days is not worth it if I can't get one 5* champ.

Thank you in advance,

Spyros

Comments

• Options
    The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    That’s not how it works no where does it say that after 5 you get a guaranteed 5*
    It’s 20% per crystal
    20% for the first one
    20% for the last one
    Simple as that
    5k 4* shards for a legendary crystal is a stupidly bad offer
  • Options

That’s not how it works no where does it say that after 5 you get a guaranteed 5*
    It’s 20% per crystal
    20% for the first one
    20% for the last one
    Simple as that

Ok, maybe that's the case, I was thinking of that, but shouldn't they be more specific about it? Plus, it's not exactly a bad offer, I pay for the sigil to get them from the black market.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

It’s 20% per crystal
    20% for the first one
    20% for the last one
    Simple as that

Ok, maybe that's the case, I was thinking of that, but shouldn't they be more specific about it? Plus, it's not exactly a bad offer, I pay for the sigil to get them from the black market.
    Actually, they are specific about it. RNG doesn't work cumulatively. Meaning, 5 Crystals at 20% doesn't equal 100%. It's 20% chance per Crystal.
  • Options
    If you’re up for an RNG tutorial, you can look at another thread from the past day...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/214689/math-experts-help-me-here-dual-class-crystal-probability#latest

In your case, odds of getting “at least” one 5* champ from 5 Legendary crystals (listed drop rates of 20% v 80%) is only 67.2% chance.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,781 ★★★★★
    I've opened 3x yesterday, and got 3x 5-stars out of it.
    It happens sometimes
  • Options

If you’re up for an RNG tutorial, you can look at another thread from the past day...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/214689/math-experts-help-me-here-dual-class-crystal-probability#latest

In your case, odds of getting “at least” one 5* champ from 5 Legendary crystals (listed drop rates of 20% v 80%) is only 67.2% chance.

That's pretty interesting, thank you!
  • Options
    ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    I got 3 5 stars the past three crystals diablo, sm miles, and rocket raccoon