**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best way to avoid compensation

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah I would be fine with that tbh
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Dshu said:

Not a bad idea actually. Problem with this is the people who will complain about people “grtting double rewards”. This community is so backwards and petty I can see it. Lol

There is no reason to complain about double rewards when they are earned. Those who completed it did so on a harder level than those doing it on the nerfed version. This is by far the best solution

For sure
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    This idea sits well with me. That way compensation won’t have to be given out and the rewards are kept the same.
    Thanks @Scopeotoe987
    I really do think this would make most of the community happy. And it isn’t even fixed yet so the people who would like to do it the way it is still have time
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Anyone who actually threw revives into that fight for 3k 5* Shards and some gold doesn't deserve any compensation whatsoever lol
    True. But lots of people did I’m sure
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    I’d be down for that as compensation.
    Ya I think it’s fair
  • DeTerminatorDeTerminator Posts: 27
    I agree with the idea. People who completed the event should keep their rewards. The nerfed version should have another set of rewards which everyone (people who completed and didn’t complete) should be able to get. These would be the same 3k 5* shards and 500k gold.

This way Kabam doesn’t have recompensate everyone in a different manner for whatever the person had to do - rank up, revives, etc. because that first 3k 5* shards and 500k gold was enough of an impetus for them to spend those resources.

Also, they should announce it in advance so that If someone wants to do both difficulties (even if they want to spend their way through it), they could.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Agree
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Tbh I don't feel like there's a need for compensation. We've come so far in terms of communication and listening to the community.
    For those who completed it, it was their choice to throw revives or rank up champions. (Both of which I did)
  • QuietusDKQuietusDK Posts: 51
    edited August 2020
    I think it's an interesting solution, and it would most likely be less time-consuming than having to sift through every player who either raise a ticket about it, or who completed it pre-nerf.

From my point of view:
    Low-to-middle skill player, cav/EB who had happened to save up revives for a push on chapter 3 of V5: decided to rank up 4 different 4*s to see if they would work on SS (the joy of wanting to do for your alliance members). Yes, I got Silvie down on Su difficulty, but damn if it cost me. I counted around 6 lvl 2 revives (because I am a scrub and honestly was getting pretty sloppy-frustrated towards the end), HP + attack + minor champ boost, as well as the resources to take up HT (interesting idea, didn't work), CMM (worked decently, but I play her like a donkey) and Colossus (would have worked, but I fell asleep during fight from boredom) to test them out.

Absolutely my own choice, but I was of the impression this was the difficulty, so whether I waited a week, or two weeks, it would not be an easier fight.

For the record, I took the road less traveled, and grinded him down with a R5 CapIW, backed up by Cosmic teammate for the armor break.

Anyway, point being, if they were going to comp those that completed Su difficulty pre-nerf, it would be a logistical nightmare, because one thing is too throw a blanket care package with some revives and boosts, but seeing as the encounter is so insanely counter-specific (what are we looking at, 10 champions that can realistically do it?), chances are a lot of people will have ranked up one, if not several champions to be able to do it. The nerf will mean more champions will be able to live long enough to finish it.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Best way to avoid it would be to leave it and not change it

Was just about to say this.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    odogg9941 said:

For everyone that already beat showdown they should just let us keep the rewards we already got and then still be able to do the new one and get rewards. Saves you guys from having to decide on what compensation should be

Good idea.

I blame this mess on weak players and Kabam who surrendered under pressure.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Just font bother with compensation. Anyone who has dumped resources into this, well its on them. I’d say anyone with half a brain could see there was a good chance it was getting nerfed and if not, nobody should be dropping revives for 3k 5* shards unless it’s a 20% to get them across the line
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

Just font bother with compensation. Anyone who has dumped resources into this, well its on them. I’d say anyone with half a brain could see there was a good chance it was getting nerfed and if not, nobody should be dropping revives for 3k 5* shards unless it’s a 20% to get them across the line

You can't say that anyone with "half a brain" could see the nerf coming. Based on past experiences, this being nerfed was a pleasant surprise.

Mauled said:

You can't say that anyone with "half a brain" could see the nerf coming. Based on past experiences, this being nerfed was a pleasant surprise.
    Maybe not but anyone who chucked resources at such paltry rewards on day 2 of a 30 day event has only themselves to blame.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    When will the Nerf to the difficulty be added? I just logged on and tried, but still only able to bring 4 stars.

When will the Nerf to the difficulty be added? I just logged on and tried, but still only able to bring 4 stars.

Likely 6pm UK time when boss rushes release etc.
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    edited August 2020
    I think compensation should be those that were able to 1 shot it.
    The fact that it shows you guys never had to deal with kabams shittycustomerservice really shows.
    I just think it would make the most amount of people happy
    At least it will make me happy. Lol
    Don’t let this get lost. It’s a great idea the mods need to see
    I still think this is the best idea given so far
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    You can avoid compensation even if it comes...

https://youtu.be/1T_9HeqyVaU :D
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    Wouldn't that technically be compensation?
    No. It would be you beat it good for you. If you didn’t then you don’t get the extra rewards