Options

Claire Vs Herald Difficulty Aarkus

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

she is great but you also have to run with some luck because if he doesnt throw his sp1 and reaches sp2. well that goes with any champ.

You can evade his sp2, and if not, block damage isn't that great. But he definitely needs to throw either of those regularly
    With SS you have a lot more wiggle room. staggers help keep the power gain off, and you typically gain enough power for an SP3 before you run out of recurring staggers without cycling. his bleeds also bleed him quickly. BWCV has a lot harder time managing the power, atleast for me.
    @Lormif But how, Claire has the best buff control, no RNG dependent. I used SS and ad far as I think his staggers have chances to place
    While Claire have 100% chance to Nullify. Unless you are using Claire wrong. Tell me how you are using Claire. Because for Aarkus after Claire and Doom are top 2 best options. No RNG or MD involved.

I disagree, I feel SS has best buff control. With CV you start with some charges, but then you have to cause debuffs on immunities to get more. If you cannot, for instance because you could not bait him, you get stuck, especially considering the power lock status. You are stuck with just as much if not more due to rng.

With SS:
    In Chthon's cunning you have a 50% change to place a stagger on a critical, 5% on non critical. I have had 9 on him at a time.
    In Null shadow you have a 50% change to place a stagger just by blocking.
    His sig places a stagger every x seconds as well.

This is enough to get you to an SP3 and recycle.

Still SS have chances to place Staggers. Claire nullifies are guaranteed, if you can't play. Claire buff control is guaranteed while SS is always RNG. I have SS and don't have Claire but I can easily tell that Claire have better buff control than SS. Even Lagacy and Lord Shadow said "She have the best buff control in the mystic class". There is a reason everyone consider Claire and Doom. Because Claire and Doom are always about guaranteed chances. I used SS Against this Aarkus didn't placed a Staggered and destroyed by his SP2.

While Claire and Doom provide smooth and sustainable fight. Either way this video was for those who were asking how to use Claire against Aarkus.
    Maybe you not having her is causing you to not understand thing. She has THREE guaranteed nullifies. After you use those 3 you are out, in addition you cannot target just the power gains, or the rich get richer will kill you from the other buffs. You have to hit the opponent with an ability they are immune to in order to gain more charges. Since he is not immune to poison, bleed or incinerate your only option to gain more of the guaranteed nullifies is to launch an SP2, which is difficult when you are power locked from the first 3 nullifies, and he he gaining power from the rich get richer node, because you know you run out of those charges.

Technically SS has an UNLIMITED guaranteed. He starts the fight with a stagger, that removes the first power gain, then you another one every x seconds if you have him awakened, Lastly his SP3 is a guaranteed nullify. those are all guaranteed. Sure the rest are RNG, but there is enough chances to get them either manage him, or to get to the next SP3. You cannot guarantee that with BWCV.

I have both of them ranked up, and take them both in that battle. I tried with her first, and it is difficult to control because of the RGR node. If the fight did not have a RGR node it would be easier, but still not as easy.
    @Lormif Yeah and her buff immunity debuff eaisky manages the Nullify m I used My 4* Claire as back up and always worked fine. While my 5* SS always died and there is no guaranteed about Symbiote supreme.

And I have learn Claire Abilities. So don't insult me like I am an noob. I know Claire Abilities. In that case should I start to say Quake and Ghost are not good Champions because if you slip up even once you will die, no I can't say that and from here comes a word practice and skills. If you can't manage a Champion you are using then why are you even using that Champion.

Even Lagacy and Seatin said it many time if RNG works in favor then SS demolish fights other wise RIP.
    In order to get to her buff immunity you have to get to an SP2.. During this time he is gaining other buffs including power gain. This is not a matter of just slipping up, this is a matter of her abilities not meshing with the fight well, after all your skill does not determine if you can bait a special out of the defender, that is pure luck, or RNG. it is pretty much guaranteed you will have atleast 3 staggers from SS before you can get to an SP2 from BWCV, oh and then you have to worry about tenacity removing the debuff immunity, because it is a debuff itself. Its just not a fight that is great for her.

My team for this is typically SS r55* SS r16*, CV r45*, mojo r55* and dr voodoo r45*
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

she is great but you also have to run with some luck because if he doesnt throw his sp1 and reaches sp2. well that goes with any champ.

You can evade his sp2, and if not, block damage isn't that great. But he definitely needs to throw either of those regularly
    With SS you have a lot more wiggle room. staggers help keep the power gain off, and you typically gain enough power for an SP3 before you run out of recurring staggers without cycling. his bleeds also bleed him quickly. BWCV has a lot harder time managing the power, atleast for me.
    @Lormif But how, Claire has the best buff control, no RNG dependent. I used SS and ad far as I think his staggers have chances to place
    While Claire have 100% chance to Nullify. Unless you are using Claire wrong. Tell me how you are using Claire. Because for Aarkus after Claire and Doom are top 2 best options. No RNG or MD involved.

I disagree, I feel SS has best buff control. With CV you start with some charges, but then you have to cause debuffs on immunities to get more. If you cannot, for instance because you could not bait him, you get stuck, especially considering the power lock status. You are stuck with just as much if not more due to rng.

With SS:
    In Chthon's cunning you have a 50% change to place a stagger on a critical, 5% on non critical. I have had 9 on him at a time.

Still SS have chances to place Staggers. Claire nullifies are guaranteed, if you can't play. Claire buff control is guaranteed while SS is always RNG. I have SS and don't have Claire but I can easily tell that Claire have better buff control than SS. Even Lagacy and Lord Shadow said "She have the best buff control in the mystic class". There is a reason everyone consider Claire and Doom. Because Claire and Doom are always about guaranteed chances. I used SS Against this Aarkus didn't placed a Staggered and destroyed by his SP2.

While Claire and Doom provide smooth and sustainable fight. Either way this video was for those who were asking how to use Claire against Aarkus.
    Maybe you not having her is causing you to not understand thing. She has THREE guaranteed nullifies. After you use those 3 you are out, in addition you cannot target just the power gains, or the rich get richer will kill you from the other buffs. You have to hit the opponent with an ability they are immune to in order to gain more charges. Since he is not immune to poison, bleed or incinerate your only option to gain more of the guaranteed nullifies is to launch an SP2, which is difficult when you are power locked from the first 3 nullifies, and he he gaining power from the rich get richer node, because you know you run out of those charges.

Technically SS has an UNLIMITED guaranteed. He starts the fight with a stagger, that removes the first power gain, then you another one every x seconds if you have him awakened, Lastly his SP3 is a guaranteed nullify. those are all guaranteed. Sure the rest are RNG, but there is enough chances to get them either manage him, or to get to the next SP3. You cannot guarantee that with BWCV.

I have both of them ranked up, and take them both in that battle. I tried with her first, and it is difficult to control because of the RGR node. If the fight did not have a RGR node it would be easier, but still not as easy.
    Wrong fight buddy. There is no power lock
    the power lock I was mistaken on. The rest is still true.
  • Options
    JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    Mayis said:

Also u can try Venom fight with claire in that quest. When u put incinerate on Venom, his black buff (forgot the name) dissapears and u get powerlocked :D

Claire requires Skills just like Quake and Ghost requires on their own respect.

So should I consider quake and ghost worst Champions, because they are also stressful right, no because if Champion require skills that means they require skills. If you are not skilled enough to use CLAIRE then it's not my fault. Same thing I am gonna say about quake and ghost.

If you cannot master a Champion and call that champion not a good counter then who's fault is this?

Claire and Doom top 2 best counters in my opinion. Now logging out and and closing this thread.
  • Options
    JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    edited August 2020
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

With SS:

@Lormif Yeah and her buff immunity debuff eaisky manages the Nullify m I used My 4* Claire as back up and always worked fine. While my 5* SS always died and there is no guaranteed about Symbiote supreme.

And I have learn Claire Abilities. So don't insult me like I am an noob. I know Claire Abilities. In that case should I start to say Quake and Ghost are not good Champions because if you slip up even once you will die, no I can't say that and from here comes a word practice and skills. If you can't manage a Champion you are using then why are you even using that Champion.

Even Lagacy and Seatin said it many time if RNG works in favor then SS demolish fights other wise RIP.
    In order to get to her buff immunity you have to get to an SP2.. During this time he is gaining other buffs including power gain. This is not a matter of just slipping up, this is a matter of her abilities not meshing with the fight well, after all your skill does not determine if you can bait a special out of the defender, that is pure luck, or RNG. it is pretty much guaranteed you will have atleast 3 staggers from SS before you can get to an SP2 from BWCV, oh and then you have to worry about tenacity removing the debuff immunity, because it is a debuff itself. Its just not a fight that is great for her.

My team for this is typically SS r55* SS r16*, CV r45*, mojo r55* and dr voodoo r45*
    You can see above video, he Handel that fight very well. My other alliance members also handled this fight very well with Claire. If you cannot use CLAIRE against this Aarkus that means you need to practice. Plus MD helps you get to SP2 quicker. I still don't know what you are trying to prove.

Doom have guaranteed staggers not Symbiote Supreme.

I don't know what you are actually trying to prove but I am having a strong feeling you want to prove that Symbiote Supreme is better than Claire.

But Lagacy, KT1, Katy Candy and including me don't consider SS even top 5 mystic. If that's on what you were arguing.

And if you are talking about Aarkus fight then prove is above. Practice with Claire and you will not be complaining about nullify.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★
    I find symbiote more reliable than doom for aarkus. I get more solo from symbiote too. Either way, I got both to finish off aarkus if one failed.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

With SS:

You can see above video, he Handel that fight very well. My other alliance members also handled this fight very well with Claire. If you cannot use CLAIRE against this Aarkus that means you need to practice. Plus MD helps you get to SP2 quicker. I still don't know what you are trying to prove.

I don't know what you are actually trying to prove but I am having a strong feeling you want to prove that Symbiote Supreme is better than Claire.

But Lagacy, KT1, Katy Candy and including me don't consider SS even top 5 mystic. If that's on what you were arguing.

And if you are talking about Aarkus fight then prove is above. Practice with Claire and you will not be complaining about nullify.
    dude we are not arguing if she can handle it, but if she can handle it better than Symbiote. from the fight you will note a couple things.
    1) he gains lots of power through the fight the he would not have with SS, because he would not have any debuffs with SS.
    2) he did not get RNGed with with specials, heck he didnt even have to bait him, Arkus freely seemed to throw them at him on the first or second bait. I have had inances where I had to bait mroe than 5times.
    3) never did he get a tenacy removing the buff immunity
    4) even with all the above the fight took so long that she lost the vast majority of the fight.

If any number of RNG in number 2 changed, or if tenacity removed the debuff immunity that fight would have been dramatically differnt.

• Options
    TurpissimusTurpissimus Posts: 24
    Longshot can solo him too, I think nobody mentioned him
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,066 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

What?? She's the best after doom.

Lies. All lies. 12 hits with ms
    You mean with r3 6* ramped ms, I guess?
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

With SS:

In addition you are incorrect, kt1 last month ranked Mystic and SS was number 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI-IKAm1g-o

Seatin lists SS in top 6, but does not list if he is 5 or higher that I have seen. T he last top mystic video he did according to youtube was 3 years ago.

Lagacy does not list him in the top 5

Never heard of Katy or, and especially you, but then again she lists BWCV above doom

You seem to think very highly of yourself to list yourself in there, but so far you are just theory crafting, you have not even used the champion, so in relation to a specific fight you should probably show more deference to other players who have used her.
  • Options

Aleor said:

@AzKicker316 Which SS Sorcerer or Symbiote. I mean I used Symbiote and Sorcerer many times against this Aarkus as well. I don't have top Mystics like Claire or Doom

The fact is if you are talking about Symbiote, then from my experience I was once using him, but RNG was not in my favour not staggers at all. That's why I still believe Claire, Sorcerer and Doom are beat counters.

Symbiot is the best option for him imo, but you need md. He nullifies in start of the fight, then you need to be a little more aggressive to place one stagger - it's pretty easy actually. When it expires, I already have my sp3 ready and after it the fight is over with 1-2 sp2s. Also after launching sp3 you can tank aarkus sp3.
    @Aleor And if staggers don't place. I tried it trust me I have only mystics Sor Supreme and Sym Supreme. Didn't go well unless RNG works in your favour. It has nothing to do with aggressive gameplay. If you were able to place staggers efficiently that doesn't mean everyone can.
    I will try to record it with 3* symb next week.
    Also you can cycle sp1, the one he starts fight in guaranteed to nullify all buffs

Also you can calculate odds of having stagger placed. With base crit rate of 24% one hit has 0.24*0.5+0.76*0.05 = 0.158
    With n hits odds of not having a single stagger is
    (1-0.158)^n, for 10 hits it's 0.179, or 17,9%, and with 15 hits it's 0.076, or 7.6%. Plus you can nullify on sp3. It's not as random as sw buffs/debuffs for example
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I didn't get a solo, had 3 tries with a 3* and died mostly because of block damage. But it's definitely doable. Easy with r5 5*

https://youtu.be/c2O1jwbxcAo
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Morningstar oneshot him gotta have 5 souls obviously, easy fight

That are long fights if you need to ramp up MS every time you do it :D
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Basically I count on 3 champs for Aarkus: 6*r1 MS, 4*r5 Doom and 5*r3 SS
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★

@AzKicker316 Which SS Sorcerer or Symbiote. I mean I used Symbiote and Sorcerer many times against this Aarkus as well. I don't have top Mystics like Claire or Doom

The fact is if you are talking about Symbiote, then from my experience I was once using him, but RNG was not in my favour not staggers at all. That's why I still believe Claire, Sorcerer and Doom are beat counters.

I only run the cosmic quest and used Sym Supreme for the one shot every time. I don't have Claire or Doom so can't say whether they are better. I did try him with Sorcerer Supreme and found Sym to be much better for him.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drsRJQoVN5U

With a ramped up Morningstar, Herald Aarkus became a joke.

With the willpower from crumbling armor and her normal lifesteal, she can keep her health very high.
    With her sig ability and her nullification on the L2, his power gain buffs became a liability for him.
    With her perfect block rating, she can block L2's without much damage.

For this particular fight, Morningstar is a terrific option definitely deserving of being in the conversation for "Best Counter".
  • Options
    This is how much better SS is than BWCV in this fight:
    Even with less efficient game play in that battle I did it in much less hits, and had near infinite SP3s due to RGR and my multiple buffs. No issue controlling the buffs at all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYYmAb0Dec
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    Based on my own personal gameplay vs Aarkus Herald Difficulty mode.

I have found Sym Supreme is alot better controlling and managing Aarkus. I have been able to SOLO him several times whereas Doom and BWCV failed. I don't know if its luck , RNG, or who knows lack of skills to use the other 2 champs. But I find SS initial stagger to start up the fight, plus automatically staggering every so often based on sig ability works wonder. As far as Doom ability to steal power is decrease vastly due to Aarkus abilities decreasing the potency of such, and well it takes a little bit longer to reach SP2 with BWCV. All in all, I belive Doom is the best mystic, and BWCV is the second best. The third best is up for debate. But as far as this Aarkus Herald Diff fight, i find SS to be the best.
  • Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I managed to get a one shot with bwcv, Symbiote supreme, and doom. Claire is trickier to get control of the fight, doom works but it’s easy to slip up and not get enough power to sp3, sym supreme was probably the easiest, but he has his pain points as well.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 415 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Aleor said:

HI_guys said:

What?? She's the best after doom.

Lies. All lies. 12 hits with ms
    You mean with r3 6* ramped ms, I guess?
    No a 4* can do it with 5 souls. You just sit back and fire SP2’s till he’s dead. She will siphon all his power gains and furies plus she will life steal and keep her health up. It’s super easy. That’s the only one I’ve been running cause MS makes short work of him
  • Options
    Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    edited August 2020

Mayis said:

The problem with Claire is tenacity. If u time special 2 wrong, tenacity just shrugs off buff immunity and u r pretty much wrecked. She's top 3 option ofc, but in my opinion Doom is a bit better in this matchup.

@Mayis Claire mediums can place debuffs throw sp2 after using medium attack so he do tenacity on you bleed or poison or incinerate debuff. You do know how Claire works right.
    He can only shrug off non-damaging debuffs
    Also I have done the whole path just with BWCV without suicides.