Options

Who has ever paid 2,500 units for a 4* crystal????

disturbedgeniusdisturbedgenius Posts: 98
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I get a pop up offer about a 4* crystal for 2,500 units several times a week and it's pretty annoying. I mean, who has ever paid 2,500 frickin units for a 4* frickin crystal???? That's like $100. If you're gonna hassle us with offers, at least give us some realistic ones.

I might consider paying like 250 units for a 4* crystal, if i'm really desperate for one. But 2,500? Come on.

Comments

• Options
    Thebg_JThebg_J Posts: 48
    I didn’t think that offer was still around.

I started a new account a month ago and I’ve only seen it for 900 units.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    But last time I checked (correct me if I am wrong) it is 2020 now so why don't they update it?
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    the most I would pay for a 4* is 50 units
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,921 ★★★★★
    I’m guessing you weren’t around 5 years ago
  • Options
    BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 146 ★★
    Won't pay 2500 units for a 5 star but a 6 star maybe..
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    I’m almost positive I’ve done that. I’ve gotten 1k plus units and blew them all on PHCs too. Long time ago, but gotta claim it.
  • Options
    Yes, once (as others did) way back when.

You had to play for quite a while before ever getting your 1st and 2nd 4* champs back then.
    Both time-wise and strength-wise, before being able to reach and then actually defeat Thanos for one of them.
    And saving up 2500 Units to be able to purchase the other one from this offer.

No such thing as fractional Crystal Shards or Calendar crystals.
  • Options
    Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    I'm hugely sick of seeing this offer too, I've legit never got enough units to spend on this anyway, and on top of that it's such an obviously bad deal now. I really hope they update or remove this one.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,872 ★★★★★

the most I would pay for a 4* is 50 units

That is a bit too low.
    I will sometimes spend 300 units to get a 5-Star when I get impatient. :D

And ... 50 units can also get you a 5-Star under the right conditions. ;)
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I have in my dream I still get fears about it...
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    People would freak the f out over a 4* generic gem back then and would pay over 100 bucks for it. And 4*s were still ultra rare, but the most rare item people flipped for was t4cc before t2a was a thing.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

I get a pop up offer about a 4* crystal for 2,500 units several times a week and it's pretty annoying. I mean, who has ever paid 2,500 frickin units for a 4* frickin crystal???? That's like $100. If you're gonna hassle us with offers, at least give us some realistic ones.

I might consider paying like 250 units for a 4* crystal, if i'm really desperate for one. But 2,500? Come on.

I bought one in 2016.

When you had your mastery all set this was the best thing you could buy. Act 4 at that time didnt need a lot of revives so you didnt need units for that. It was a good deal back then.

Also back then came these offers that said:

If you buy SL suitcase you get x4 units etc
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Good thing I was smart with my units (gambled then into PHS instead like 4 years ago)
  • Options
    So to summarize all the answers in this post: Kabam is way behind their time and still thinks it's 2015.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Not only this one, the price for a lot of pop-up offers are way more outdated. That's why some players even asking for "no-ad" feature if subscribing sigil.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,570 ★★★★
    I did once back when I was new to the game.
  • Options
    ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    That offer isn't new. It's been around since the start of the game, well before 5* champs were a thing, let alone 6*.