**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier difficulty rewards vs 1 week aq vs Variant 5

Just want to compare rewards from this type of events.
Probably similar in difficulty (with some differences between them) but not in time spend

What do you think? IMO, Cavalier rewards needs a revamp soon

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Cav and v5 are no wher close to similar in cav us orders of magnitude easier, and they are not going to give you enough rank up mats to rank up a 6* r1 monthly
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Cavalier difficulty only needs 2.5K 6* shards more, so you can get a 6* crystal every month if you complete uncollected and cavalier 100%, even though this month side quest has plenty of rewards
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Let's be generous and say that a new Variant with the same rewards as V5 comes once every 4 months.

You have 4 Cav EQs between then and the next Variant.

It seems that people forget that Variant 100% rewards are a one time thing. Cav EQ will be there every month. So just for the fragments, not including shards let's multiply the Cav rewards by 4, so we can get a fair assessment of how many months between each Variant that Cav will give.

T5B: 33850x4= 135,400 thats just over 3 T5B. The same as Variant 5.

T2A: 48000x4= 192,000 that's 5.3 T2A, that's almost enough for an extra rank 5 5*.

T5CC: 10%x4 = 40%. 15% more than Variant 5.

Of course Variant looks more appealing, because they have to give more rewards for how long it is between each Variant release. In the above calculations that is based on 4 months between each new Variant releasing, and that would be at the VERY fastest that they would come out.
  • Options
    TensioTensio Posts: 171
    Whaaaat said:

You can't compare permanent content like Variant 5 with the Cavalier Difficulty
    If Event Quest has more rewards than permanent content, then players won't have any incentive to complete it

And in Cavalier EQ there is 2 x 10% T5CC Crystal

And why there are none 5* shards and 6* shards listed under the 'Other Resources' category in Cavalier EQ?
    Because you have mention them for Variant 5'

And who is gonna spend all his glory in T2A and T5B?
    Usually the top 90 alliances in AQ compete in AW as well
    This means that they have to buy potions with glory

And you haven't told us how many points per week an alliances that runs 7x5 gets

This is one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen

(Sorry for the lots of 'And' but there are so many stupid things in this board)

Only comparing resources to rank up champs. And lets see if you don’t think the same about t5cc in 3 months. And the other 10% needs extra round with 4* champs.
    When UC has been released I’ve done it 100% all months. I Don’t see myself doing cavalier eq all months with this rewards
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Cavalier difficulty rewards are underwhelming for the time commitment. They need 2.5k 6 star sigs. And both t5cc need to be selectors. Thats all it needs.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    The problem with cav difficulty is the completion rewards (none really) and the effort it takes especially with a limited roster. After doing that first run and then looking at the exploration rewards (underwhelming) there is not a lot of incentive to go through it 5 more times, outside of people who literally have nothing else to do in the game and are bored. What's worse is they went and did the same with UC instead of leaving it as is.

If they had switched it around (give usual completion, then spread exploration rewards across the additional paths) it would've had a much more rewarding feeling to it, even if the rewards were still underwhelming.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah the don't boost the rewards remove 2 paths in each chapter
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

The problem with cav difficulty is the completion rewards (none really) and the effort it takes especially with a limited roster. After doing that first run and then looking at the exploration rewards (underwhelming) there is not a lot of incentive to go through it 5 more times, outside of people who literally have nothing else to do in the game and are bored. What's worse is they went and did the same with UC instead of leaving it as is.

If they had switched it around (give usual completion, then spread exploration rewards across the additional paths) it would've had a much more rewarding feeling to it, even if the rewards were still underwhelming.

What do you mean there are no completion rewards?

You get 750 6* shards, 4,00k 5* shards, 6,750 t5bc, 10,180 t2a shards, 9 5* generic sig stones and 60+k gold

+ what every path specific rewards you get for completion. Also if you are doing cav your roster should not be that limited.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Tensio said:

Whaaaat said:

If Event Quest has more rewards than permanent content, then players won't have any incentive to complete it

And why there are none 5* shards and 6* shards listed under the 'Other Resources' category in Cavalier EQ?

And you haven't told us how many points per week an alliances that runs 7x5 gets

Only comparing resources to rank up champs
    Then why do you mention 5* champs for Variant 5?
    Tensio said:

Whaaaat said:

And lets see if you don’t think the same about t5cc in 3 months. And the other 10% needs extra round with 4* champs
    In 3 months they will probably need to buff the rewards. But for the current state of the game it's fine

Although I HATE that you have to use 4* champs (I hate that you have to rank them up actually), the 10% T5CC Crystal is still there. Unfortunately you have to waste a lot of gold and catalysts in order to get it, but you can get it.
    So it's 2x 10% T5CC Crystal
    Tensio said:

Whaaaat said:

When UC has been released I’ve done it 100% all months. I Don’t see myself doing cavalier eq all months with this rewards
    Uncollected was sooooooo easy
    It makes sense that you could do it 100% every month
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

The problem with cav difficulty is the completion rewards (none really) and the effort it takes especially with a limited roster. After doing that first run and then looking at the exploration rewards (underwhelming) there is not a lot of incentive to go through it 5 more times, outside of people who literally have nothing else to do in the game and are bored.

If you are gonna do cavalier/uncollected 100% it doesn't really matter in which order you get the rewards (unless you find cavalier/uncollected difficult)
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    If you struggle with cav EQ then this post absolutely doesn't apply to you. I breezed through everything in this quest and I don't I could keep up with that AQ requirement.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Bugmat78 said:

You get 750 6* shards, 4,00k 5* shards, 6,750 t5bc, 10,180 t2a shards, 9 5* generic sig stones and 60+k gold

+ what every path specific rewards you get for completion. Also if you are doing cav your roster should not be that limited.
    You do? I didn't notice any of that for my first run through Cav EQ, especially the t2a & t5b - that's like glory from 2 days of doing AQ. 750 6* shards is stingy and I guess you meant 4k 5* not 400k? All that's still pretty underwhelming for the hardest EQ level. It was all so small I didn't even notice so I'll hold my hands up there - I probably repressed teh memory :D .

And no Cav is supposed to be for those who completed 6.1 to those who have explored everything in the game. I'd say the idea is to help the weaker ones step up, so good completion rewards do that (such as that seen in v4 & V5). Giving meagre rewards is not the best incentive someone to push for exploration (even of the first chapter).
  • Options
    Whaaaat said:

Bugmat78 said:

The problem with cav difficulty is the completion rewards (none really) and the effort it takes especially with a limited roster. After doing that first run and then looking at the exploration rewards (underwhelming) there is not a lot of incentive to go through it 5 more times, outside of people who literally have nothing else to do in the game and are bored.

If you are gonna do cavalier/uncollected 100% it doesn't really matter in which order you get the rewards (unless you find cavalier/uncollected difficult)
    But that's my point - not everyone will or can. Thus completion matters when you can't explore - getting decent (or what we have come to feel are standard) completion rewards help strugglers - maybe in 5-6 months of those they can rank up enough to start exploring 1, 2 then all the chapters.

Your statement only holds for those whose rosters are already developed enough to explore from the get go.

Cav EQ is supposed to be for all Cav players not just the stacked ones.
  • Options
    Mcord117 said:

I honestly may not bother exploring uncollected this month as I am already bored with the quest after doing cav. I did do completion and it is an utterly worthless task to do as is. It may just be a switch in how we approach the quest. More emphasis on doing each map 100% before moving to the next. Idk, it is what it is apparently but I fail to see how this approach is better.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Lormif said:

Bugmat78 said:

You do? I didn't notice any of that for my first run through Cav EQ, especially the t2a & t5b - that's like glory from 2 days of doing AQ. 750 6* shards is stingy and I guess you meant 4k 5* not 400k? All that's still pretty underwhelming for the hardest EQ level. It was all so small I didn't even notice so I'll hold my hands up there - I probably repressed teh memory :D .

And no Cav is supposed to be for those who completed 6.1 to those who have explored everything in the game. I'd say the idea is to help the weaker ones step up, so good completion rewards do that (such as that seen in v4 & V5). Giving meagre rewards is not the best incentive someone to push for exploration (even of the first chapter).

1) yes you get that, and yes, it is actually 4200 5*.
    2) Cav was easier than most months UC event quests, not really hard at all
    3) if you completed 6.1 you should have a pretty diverse roster, if not then you did more than you are expected to be at that progression
    4) No, the monthly cav difficulty is targeted at people PAST 6.1. They repeatedly stated when new uncollected people struggled with UC monthly, that they were not meant to 100% it anytime soon after they got the title, but that is for them to strive to.
  • Options
    Mcord117 said:

I honestly may not bother exploring uncollected this month as I am already bored with the quest after doing cav. I did do completion and it is an utterly worthless task to do as is. It may just be a switch in how we approach the quest. More emphasis on doing each map 100% before moving to the next. Idk, it is what it is apparently but I fail to see how this approach is better.

Agreed.
    Lormif said:

Bugmat78 said:

Lormif said:

Bugmat78 said:

3) if you completed 6.1 you should have a pretty diverse roster, if not then you did more than you are expected to be at that progression
    4) No, the monthly cav difficulty is targeted at people PAST 6.1. They repeatedly stated when new uncollected people struggled with UC monthly, that they were not meant to 100% it anytime soon after they got the title, but that is for them to strive to.
    3) Not necessarily - just have the counters for the easy paths
    4) None of that changes if you give more "complete" completion rewards. Most new UC players progressed due to completion rewards not exploration. As they progressed, then started exploring, that accelerated progression but it started with what were at the time great completion rewards (like 6* shards) and t2a).

Personally I have the roster but I don't see the incentive to explore it.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Mcord117 said:

Agreed.
    Lormif said:

Bugmat78 said:

Lormif said:

Bugmat78 said:

3) Not necessarily - just have the counters for the easy paths
    4) None of that changes if you give more "complete" completion rewards. Most new UC players progressed due to completion rewards not exploration. As they progressed, then started exploring, that accelerated progression but it started with what were at the time great completion rewards (like 6* shards) and t2a).

Personally I have the roster but I don't see the incentive to explore it.

Yes necessarily, if you dont have a wide roaster then you probably got lucky with counter pulls.
    And you STILL can progress.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Whaaaat said:

Bugmat78 said:

But that's my point - not everyone will or can. Thus completion matters when you can't explore - getting decent (or what we have come to feel are standard) completion rewards help strugglers - maybe in 5-6 months of those they can rank up enough to start exploring 1, 2 then all the chapters.

Your statement only holds for those whose rosters are already developed enough to explore from the get go.

Cav EQ is supposed to be for all Cav players not just the stacked ones.
    The progression path for players is complete and explore ch1, then complete and explore ch2, then ch3. Not bang a line through the whole thing and then go explore. It makes sense, I think you could argue that the difficulty curve might have been slightly off between ch1-2-3 but it does make more sense for progression purposes that you can do the easy chapter in its entirety before moving on.

Sure, it’s far less satisfying and this isn’t helped by rewards that could be better, but a fresh cavalier will likely have access to far more loot than burning through X revives to brute force Completion when they’re not really ready for it.
  • Options
    FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★
    People need to stop comparing the rewards from Cav EQ with rewards from other content. Doing one doesn't lock out the others so it's just more rewards on top of what you get from elsewhere and most importantly it's more content to play
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    zeezee57 said:

We can look at this months side quest to see that Kabam understands what exciting rewards look like to their players, just don't see why they wouldn't take a similar approach with Cav difficulty.

They could make the side event more difficult, in order to make the cavalier quest looking more appealing
    (Which I don't want)
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Cavalier difficulty rewards are underwhelming for the time commitment. They need 2.5k 6 star sigs. And both t5cc need to be selectors. Thats all it needs.

T5CC selectors shouldn't be made available for monthly content yet.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Which difficulty is higher Cavalier or Uncollected??

Why is it that Cavalier Exploration Rewards has 15600 T2A and Uncollected has 18000 T2A??? this just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Kabam said Cavalier rewards were carefully thought out to help us R5 our 5 star. Then why the lower difficulty has more T2A for the exploration rewards part of it?

The change in rewards structure has not been well received by many summoners. They should have let the Completion Rewards for Uncollected the way it was before. This change makes me think Kabam want us to have a harder time to gain 5 and 6 star shards which is not what they talked about in their Dev Diaries. Please Kabam if you truly care about your customer base, please revert back the changes and include completion rewards for both uncollected and cavalier difficulties.

Also please go back to the drawing board, and rethink the cavalier rewards. Gotta make them more spicier, something for summoners to look for. If you make it much more spicier, summoners will be even way more inclined to spend resources and/or units to complete it, so in the short and long term will be a win win scenario for both the player base and you as a company.