**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Today feels like a big step backwards

Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 680 ★★★
A fair few may disagree but today feels like a real step backwards for me. Really poor selection of champs in the Incursion crystals. Really average 6* featured Crystal especially compared to the really good 5* that was last released. I thought the aim was to really buff up the featured crystals. But so many meh champs in there.

But rather positively if you have you £48.99 you can buy your way to some “rare” T5CC selectors. I believe this is the second time in recent memory we’ve been able to purchase this rare item, that’s far to rare to be able to earn through something like a new flagship game difficult in Cavalier EQ. Post may get some dislikes but today doesn’t feel a positive step forward.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

A fair few may disagree but today feels like a real step backwards for me. Really poor selection of champs in the Incursion crystals. Really average 6* featured Crystal especially compared to the really good 5* that was last released. I thought the aim was to really buff up the featured crystals. But so many meh champs in there.

But rather positively if you have you £48.99 you can buy your way to some “rare” T5CC selectors. I believe this is the second time in recent memory we’ve been able to purchase this rare item, that’s far to rare to be able to earn through something like a new flagship game difficult in Cavalier EQ. Post may get some dislikes but today doesn’t feel a positive step forward.

rare in the game does not mean they wont sell them, because not a ton of people will buy them, keeping them rare, and why would you even want to use the incusion crystals, you can get 8+k 6* share from doing incursions now.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

I really feel the same way about the dual class crystals. Dual class crystals especially are supposed to be helpful or improve your chances at specific champs, and yet, out of the 23 cosmic/tech crystals, I still can't pull Corvus and even worse, he's not even IN THOSE crystals. Seriously, 23 crystals, and I've seen him pass by TWICE. But I can pull Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, Ronan and other trash champs three times each. It's outrageous. Kabam is still holding back champs from players and just feeding us garbage for all our hard work.

I got him in my 1st and 3rd crystal. He's in there lol.
    Mr_Holl87 said:

I really feel the same way about the dual class crystals. Dual class crystals especially are supposed to be helpful or improve your chances at specific champs, and yet, out of the 23 cosmic/tech crystals, I still can't pull Corvus and even worse, he's not even IN THOSE crystals. Seriously, 23 crystals, and I've seen him pass by TWICE. But I can pull Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, Ronan and other trash champs three times each. It's outrageous. Kabam is still holding back champs from players and just feeding us garbage for all our hard work.

The wheel means nothing, he is in the crystals. Also just because you have improved odds does not mean you have good odds, you still have somewhere like a 1 in 60 chance in getting him.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Game more than ever is pure pay to win. Sell more than you can ever earn. It’s a shame but it’s still a fun game to play.

Basically every free to play video game on mobile is PTW not all of them but a vast majority are. I’m not saying I I like PTW structure of this game but the truth is most mobile games are PTW.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

I’m 0/18 trying for Doom in the mystic & science one. Feels bad (but you will get him one day!).
    Mcord117 said:

Game more than ever is pure pay to win. Sell more than you can ever earn. It’s a shame but it’s still a fun game to play.

you would have hated it this time in the 5* progression then, when the only way you could get t4cc was to be in a masters rated guild. More than ever this game is further away from pure pay to win, there are so many ways to get what you need it is no joke, but it is never enough for people.
    Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

Basically every free to play video game on mobile is PTW not all of them but a vast majority are. I’m not saying I I like PTW structure of this game but the truth is most mobile games are PTW.
    Yeah and I get that, I am not even upset. It’s just the last year or so they have totally shifted to sell more than can be earned. Playing this game for 4 plus years, the gap is the biggest it has ever been
    yea, you are out of your mind. They have increased the offers for sure, but they have vastly increased the resource output as well.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Just checked the incursion crystals, and almost all of them are disappointing (Nick Fury and Quake are the ones I might go for). And seriously "old favourites" coming as 5*'s? I don't know anyone that considers Joe Fix-it an old favourite. I'll probably just save my artifacts for the next cycle or the 2000 6* shards. I haven't checked the featured, nor am I getting it, but I'm hoping it's fairly good for the people who were waiting for this one.
    Mcord117 said:

Lormif said:

Mcord117 said:

you would have hated it this time in the 5* progression then, when the only way you could get t4cc was to be in a masters rated guild. More than ever this game is further away from pure pay to win, there are so many ways to get what you need it is no joke, but it is never enough for people.
    I have been playing since dr strange didn’t float and the game ended with thanos . I don’t remember it being this wide but I also think if you pay you deserve a leg up

You don’t know me. I am content with my account. I don’t need master alliance status. I am just stating a fact
    No, you are stating an opinion.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Honestly, I’ve been happy with literally everything in game this month outside of Cav EQ rewards. The side event is incredibly generous. We’re getting increased incursions rewards on multiple levels. We’re seeing the revised book 2 beta. There have been a few things they needed to fix (side event exploit, for example), but it’s getting corrected.

I don’t know if it’s a permanent culture that’s been cultivated over years of poor player/company relations, but whenever I come on the forums, reddit, or YouTube it just feels like critiques abound. I want a good game, and there are times to step up and make grievances known, but when we complain when times are good it just really makes me feel like if I worked for Kabam I’d be like “F these ungrateful jerks.”

For what it’s worth, there’s always going to be room for something to improve, and sure, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. However, this games heading in an entirely different direction that it was a few months back. I’m excited for the future of the game, and when I see people complaining about Kabam trying to actually make money by selling something in the game they created (20% of one resource) it is just really beginning to infuriate me. They’re in this for money. They’ve improved a lot. Let ‘em make some money to keep this whole thing rolling without being made to be greedy.
  • Mcord117 said:

Lormif said:

Mcord117 said:

I have been playing since dr strange didn’t float and the game ended with thanos . I don’t remember it being this wide but I also think if you pay you deserve a leg up

You don’t know me. I am content with my account. I don’t need master alliance status. I am just stating a fact
    The gap between what you can buy and what you can get in-game seems if anything significantly lower than it used to be. The big mega offers were always big and mega, but there was a time when they were competing with vastly lower in-game reward availability. The cash offers are higher now, but not proportionately higher than in-game reward earning has gotten over time. Cash offers haven't even kept pace with the calendar rewards, much less everything else. Only at the very, very top of the resource tiers is there a big spending advantage, and even *that* is starting to close. T5CC used to be almost impossible to get outside of things like Act 6 and the Abyss, and now they are showing up in a side quest I can almost do with my eyes closed.
  • RetlawIVRetlawIV Posts: 49
    Mr_Holl87 said:

You don't understand probability. You have a 1/49 chance of pulling him, which is roughly 2% in every crystal, which means even if you open 100 crystals the probability of pulling him at least 1 is 86.7%
  • Mr_Holl87 said:

First of all, the reel is not indicative of what you're going to pull. How often a champ shows up in the reel doesn't reflect the chance to pull the champ in the crystal. Second, you're complaining about Kabam "holding back champs" while talking about a crystal that increases your chances of targeting a specific champ by about a factor of three, comparable to the benefit of a Nexus crystal.

Random is still random even if the odds shift around. You're still not guaranteed to get what you want when you have about a one in fifty chance of pulling any one particular champ. If you think your hard work deserves a guaranteed reward, then a) you're never going to get it in this game, and b) the game isn't going to treat your time spent as if you were working a job, even if you do.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Cav crystals have made the gap between FTP and PTW larger than it used to be without question. They have a much bigger impact than the offers imo. It's all good though.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I just want another platpool bundle in incursions store tbh