**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel vs Magneto , Who is the Better Mutant?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
As you all know a lot have been discrediting AA saying he can’t do anything against poison/bleed immune. Well with the mags buff and metal tag changes, there still are much more nonimmune champions AA would work on than there are metal champions

What do you think? Is the “AA does what he needs to at r4” outdated? Let me know in the comments

Archangel vs Magneto , Who is the Better Mutant? 121 votes

AA
52%
buffajrNoodes_TeddersnameplasRacs0SpiderCoolsOnmixMoot4LifeWarlord5386UnidentifiedCreatureLegendboy2411PrathapGrootman1294gauravtheslayerLittlePeteZombieZeddJChanceH9RookiieDisgruntled_User_123Kill_Grey 63 votes
Red Mags
47%
Mr_PlatypusMaiicolDiazHenrytfu_41xxxsidewinderxxxUncle_Fatty_247SiddhantKwatraKamikaze_TurtleKennadoThatGuyYouSaw235RoOOtsRyGokuJumpthesharkrcm2017PrimeSaviour_27Lmaoredsoxpatsfan89KDSuperFlash10RamadaRockypantherxNeotwism 58 votes

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Red Mags
    It depends. If you’re running suicides, I’d take mags.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

Noodes_ said:

Just r5 both. They complement each other so well

This isn’t a who to rank up question. This is simply asking who we believe is superior.
    You are right, however. I believe the matter of which to r5 further complicates the dilemma as some believe that AA’s damage doesn’t increase much from r4 to r5 , that its mostly a health increase.

So although AA is winning the poll, I wonder how many that voted yes would also r5 him over mags.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Red Mags
    Magneto is better for me.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Red Mags
    I have r5 mags but not archangel
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Red Mags
    Mags depends on the opponent being metal or bleed immune for his thing to shine, but a majority of champs do happen to be metal and others bleed immune. Dudes rocks 5% heal reversal, huge AAR, burst bleeds or massive armour breaks, bleed and shock resistance, unstoppable heavy, suicide friendly rotation and high special damage.

AA depends on the opponent not being immune to poison or bleed. But Heal Blocking, high AAR and stunning after the neurotoxin expires.(pretty sure the guy is immune to AAR too)

The two share a fair bit of utility, but Archangel reaches his peak quicker than Magneto at the cost of losing it against bleed and poison immune champs. Magneto's true utility relies on the opponent being metal and his damage on them being metal or bleed immune. Basically, they synergise well, Arcangel can handle what Magneto can't and Magneto does what Archangel could not.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    AA
    AA was my first 5/65 champ and I have no regrets about it. I got through the epic omega quest and he was the mvp, he just melts so many champions.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    what AA does, no one can do it better ... i stacked i think 8 or 9 neurotoxin in a fight and it was just beautiful to watch lol

with that said ... i wouldn't compare the two .. each one is a beast.

Wow the votes are now dead even!

Nice to see a lot of people taking AA to r5 now as well
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Red Mags
    I took my AA to r5 no question. Don't let youtubers influence your decisions. You already know not to bring Groot, Rhino, Juggernaut, etc to r5. Everything else is fair game. All that being said, Red Mags is the better of the two in this meta.
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    AA
    If it matters, Magneto thinks he is superior.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    AA
    I don't have a mags to compare, but AA's been putting in work for me.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Magneto is better for Alliance War, Archangel is better for AQ. Both are amazing for general questing and counter a lot of rubbish. Depends on who you like more.
  • Two completely different champions who quite frequently have the argument for being the best option for what they would be used for -

It's very hard to compare a champion that works best against bleed/poison vulnerable matchups with another champion who tends to run through a lot of those matches.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Red Mags
    Magneto
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    AA
    both are god tier champíons imo, Magento works with suicides while Archangel not, anyway both champions are useful for different scenarios, i would r5 both without doubt
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Red Mags
    i have both champs as 5 stars. But guess who is R5 and who is R4. Magneto has been R5 as soon as his buff went live. R5 Magneto has helped me tremendously exploring Act 6 so far.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    AA
    I would say it’s AA and I don’t think it’s as close as the polls would indicate.

Red Mags depends a lot on the Metal tag, the ability to parry/heavy, his buffs, and his special three.

There are some nodes that limit him (limber, buff nullifying nodes, etc) as well.

Conversely, AA is still good if the opponent can be bled and - of course- if the opponent can be bled and poisoned he’s elite.

He doesn’t rely on special attacks and his damage over time neurotoxin is passive.

I could rank 5 my Red Mags but I’m waiting for Colossus.
    Aaronc94 said:

both are god tier champíons imo, Magento works with suicides while Archangel not, anyway both champions are useful for different scenarios, i would r5 both without doubt

AA is suicide friendly just not as much as mags since you mainly get his damage off heavies and don’t really need to use sp1 or sp2