**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RNG issue for 5* featured crystal

For first 20 crystals I accepted that there is a possibility to not get some specific champions. But now I have opened 33 crystals and I have not pulled 10 champions from 24 not once. So I can only think that there is some issue with this random which causes such behaviour. Here is my statistics for 33 featured crystals:

1 black widow DO
5 cyclops
2 doctor octopus
1 emma frost
2 gwenpool
3 heimdall
3 hyperion
1 korg
3 medusa
2 storm pyramid x
2 hood
2 ultron
3 wasp
3 yondu

So, there is evident RNG problem, at least in pulling 5 cyclops.
I have not pulled 10 champions, 6 from which would be new for my account: Cap IW, Guardian, Sorcerer Supreme, Terrax, Tigra, Winter Soldier. I just cannot pull new champions. Especially, Cap IW - the main target for which I still buy these featured crystals.
Also, I am waiting more than year for duplicate for Dr. Vodoo - and I cannot dupe it. The drop is usually the champion I already have duped.

The drop seems like broken or specially prepared to not give you new champions.

I hope that Kabam will look on this issue and fix it ASAP because the crystal is ending in 21 day and for now it is rather frustrating thing than something which gives you some features.

Comments

• Options
    O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 140 ★★

Arsoz said:

Not a an issue its just rng you win some you lose some

33 crystals, it cannot be RNG. I would believe if for such quantity I had pulled 20 champions from 24. But I got only 14 champs. It is ridiculous.
    did you expect to get one of every champ? that's not how math works
    I expect to get at least one new champion from opening featured crystals
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    I had a streak of 24 crystals where I didn't pull a single featured champ. Those odds are extremely low. It is what it is.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

33 crystals, it cannot be RNG. I would believe if for such quantity I had pulled 20 champions from 24. But I got only 14 champs. It is ridiculous.
    it is rng. In order to prove an issue you need to query thousands of pulls not tens of pulls. Each crystal is its own odds, and the chance to pull something changes cumulatively but will never reach 100 or 0 %
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

it is rng. In order to prove an issue you need to query thousands of pulls not tens of pulls. Each crystal is its own odds, and the chance to pull something changes cumulatively but will never reach 100 or 0 %
    Really, RNG to pull 5 times the worst champ in crystal? RNG to pull a lot of champions 3 times, but some special, best champions (except winter soldier 😂) - 0 times ?
    How many crystals have you opened?
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Really, RNG to pull 5 times the worst champ in crystal? RNG to pull a lot of champions 3 times, but some special, best champions (except winter soldier 😂) - 0 times ?
    That is the exact definition of RNG. Are you off your meds or something? Are you trolling to troll or are you missing brain cells?
    I have not said you a bad word, your comment is ugly. If you think that RNG means to get the same pull each time, probably you do not understand what it is. I cannot see the fair random in my openings so I can only suggest there is some issue in functionality.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    another i hate rng post nice
  • Options
    CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 ★★
    Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

(1 - ( 1 - (10/24)) ^ 33 ) * 100 = 99.99%

FYI OP you still have a 0.01% chance to not get the 10 out of 24 in 33 pulls :wink:
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    RNG doesn't mean even distribution. It means each outcome is semi-random. Semi because it depends on Drop Rates at times. In this case, it's the same chance for each Champ, each time. 1/24.
  • Options
    Cowabunga said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

(1 - ( 1 - (10/24)) ^ 33 ) * 100 = 99.99%

FYI OP you still have a 0.01% chance to not get the 10 out of 24 in 33 pulls :wink:
    That is the statistical likelihood that, given a set of 24 champs, and picking a set of ten at the start not picking *any* of those ten after 33 rolls. That's very unlikely. But the odds of opening 33 crystals and discovering that 10 out of 24 champions haven't been pulled once is a completely different calculation.

This is sometimes a difficult one for people to process, so if this doesn't seem obvious, redo these calculations for the case of 23 crystals and one pick. What are the odds of never picking that one option out of 24, after opening 23 crystals. Now, ask the more general question: what are the odds of opening 23 crystals and discovering that one of the 24 options is an option you've never picked. That one is 100%, because there's no way to pick all 24 options with 23 pulls.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

how many crystals I have opened is not relevant, I can understand how statistics operate without opening a single crystal. The minimum opening you can do to get a statistical probability of an event opening is 1000 crystals. You are way away from that. They also have to be from random people as well.
    Here is the output of a random number generate. Dispite having 24 numbers, and pulling 33, it still only pulled 15 uniques.

The greater the pulls the closer you will get to the typical bell curve but you are a long way away from it

I tried the same site and for 10 runs I got 16 different numbers only one time, mostly 17-19. This is higher amount that my amount of different champions
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

That is the exact definition of RNG. Are you off your meds or something? Are you trolling to troll or are you missing brain cells?
    I have not said you a bad word, your comment is ugly. If you think that RNG means to get the same pull each time, probably you do not understand what it is. I cannot see the fair random in my openings so I can only suggest there is some issue in functionality.
    It’s rng, I’ve pulled CapIW twice, guardian twice, black widow twice, medusa, tigra and probably 1 or 2 others I’m forgetting, it’s just rng, I just got lucky in that I got what I wanted in guardian and black widow, you got unlucky in missing who you wanted.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

RNG means random occurrences. That means you can either dupe a champion or pull a new one. You could pull a desired champ multiple times in a row or pull a non desired champ multiple times in a row.

Fact is, you don't know what it means. You believe that because you haven't pulled who you want, RNG is broken.

Also, if you did pull who you wanted, you wouldn't be here posting that it's broken. It's only broken to you because you aren't getting what you want.
    You are right that if I pulled who I wanted I would not post it. From my side RNG is broken by several reasons:
    - I did not get many new champions for my account, only 4 ones (storm, black widow, cyclops, hood)
    - I did not get champions which are really good and will be useful for my account
    - other people in my alliance easily pulled Cap or Sorcerer supreme just from 3-5 crystals
    - it is just the same thing each opening. I open crystal and get the same champ. I have a lot of resources but I do not have new champions to rank up.

In summary, all these things look very strange to me.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

RNG means random occurrences. That means you can either dupe a champion or pull a new one. You could pull a desired champ multiple times in a row or pull a non desired champ multiple times in a row.

Fact is, you don't know what it means. You believe that because you haven't pulled who you want, RNG is broken.

Also, if you did pull who you wanted, you wouldn't be here posting that it's broken. It's only broken to you because you aren't getting what you want.
    You are right that if I pulled who I wanted I would not post it. From my side RNG is broken by several reasons:
    - I did not get many new champions for my account, only 4 ones (storm, black widow, cyclops, hood)
    - I did not get champions which are really good and will be useful for my account
    - other people in my alliance easily pulled Cap or Sorcerer supreme just from 3-5 crystals
    - it is just the same thing each opening. I open crystal and get the same champ. I have a lot of resources but I do not have new champions to rank up.

In summary, all these things look very strange to me.
    rng looks strange to people who do not understand it, particularly if they invested heavily in the crystals as you have. if it was easily predictable we would all win the lottery often ;) Well besides the MIT students who broke the local lottery.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    OP, let’s say for arguments sake, you pulled the below from your 33 featured crystals:

6 x red guardian
    3 x storm pyramid x
    6 x CAIW
    6 x tigra
    3 x Hyperion
    2 x medusa
    3 x terrax
    4 x Sorceror supreme

Then rng, in your eyes, is still broken, yes?
  • Options
    Thebg_JThebg_J Posts: 48
    They can deny all they want. Those crystal champs have a % value..no other way around it.