**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PC/GC/CC Changes

Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
Anyone else feel like these upcoming changes don’t really do much? They kinda just feel like they’re adding a small chance to get extra lucky with these crystals.

Comments

• Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    can someone enlighten me with what they’re changing to the crystals
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

yeah I mean yay it helps but it won't do much
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Yeah I'm curious, was there an announcement I missed, or was it in a diary that they were changing them?

Edit: Oh an in game mail. I'll have a look now.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

can someone enlighten me with what they’re changing to the crystals

For PG crystals they’re subtracting a .6% chance to get a 4* and adding a .6% chance to get a 4* nexus. GCs the same but with 5*s, and CCs with 6*s
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    so what i’m getting is that you have to be even more lucky to pull a 5* from grandmaster crystals. eh i don’t really mind it, i haven’t even pulled 4* out of them yet let alone 5*
    yeah no one is buying gmc or Cavs anyway. I don't see what this really does tbh
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    I think there was supposed to be a forum thread on this, but they haven't posted it yet.

Crystals within crystals? Gee, more RNG with my RNG

Thought other garbage crystals were supposed to be updated, like Solo crystals, War victor/loser, etc? Maybe just wishful thinking.. *shrug*
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    I've only seen nexus Crystal's spun, then 3 or more champs appear. Will you need to spin the new Crystal's for the nexus chance?

Just thinking about the interface. If I had 5 Crystal's and popped them, would I get 5 champs without a choice even if one was a nexus? Or would I get 4 champs then a choice from the nexus champs?

so what i’m getting is that you have to be even more lucky to pull a 5* from grandmaster crystals. eh i don’t really mind it, i haven’t even pulled 4* out of them yet let alone 5*

No, they’re taking a small portion of the change to get a 5* and taking that small portion and making it a chance to get a 5* nexus
    edited September 2020
    SandeepS said:

I've only seen nexus Crystal's spun, then 3 or more champs appear. Will you need to spin the new Crystal's for the nexus chance?

Just thinking about the interface. If I had 5 Crystal's and popped them, would I get 5 champs without a choice even if one was a nexus? Or would I get 4 champs then a choice from the nexus champs?

you'd probably go on that screen when you pop and it'll show 4 champs. then the last one will pop up with the selection of three to choose from
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    So a cav crystal ate a nexus crystal? Few nom noms and a chance to regurgitate it?
    edited September 2020

Seems underwhelming, even a lesser chance at a 5 and 6 star. Less than a percent for Nexus? They could have at least put Nexus at 1 percent, and that is still a horrible drop rate. Not really excited about this.

The combined chance to get a 5* champ or a 5* nexus is the same chance as it is to get a 5* champ as the GC is now.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Nexus crystals should be aquired out of skill it simply should not be subject to RNG
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    So same odds to get a 5 or 6 star... yeah have to agree with you there, not really doing much.
  • ProdgoblinProdgoblin Posts: 6
    edited September 2020
    I know Kabam is excited. I might be - if I ever won more than 3 star champs from both the CC and GC.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    edited September 2020
    Laughable! Very upsetting and if they are doing this to increase sales what a poor marketing strategy. Some others games give so much value for $5, $10 or whatever Dollars spent that you feel good spending and enjoying the game more but idk why this company is so greedy and they don’t see that
  • Seems underwhelming, even a lesser chance at a 5 and 6 star. Less than a percent for Nexus? They could have at least put Nexus at 1 percent, and that is still a horrible drop rate. Not really excited about this.

In effect, what the changes basically do is that one out of every five times you would have gotten a 5* or 6* basic drop, you'll be getting a Nexus crystal instead. One out of five drops magically turning into Nexus crystals is actually not bad at all.
  • (A) So this extends down to PC's as well ? 2/3/4 potential, so the 4* potential will have some of it's odds shifted into a 4* Nexus choice instead ?

(B) For the PC, are these just from WHOLE PREMIUM's, and not from formed PC Shards crystals ?

(C) And for all, it says “Nexus Crystal”, so would you get an actual Nexus Crystal into you inventory that you would then have to separately open later ? Or is it an immediate Nexus Choice right away when you open that PC/GC/Cav Crystal ?
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    I think taking away the single champ from the % would be more appealing. A nexus cav like: 2% chance at 6* nexus, 8% for 5* nexus, 40% 4* and 50% 3*. That way every crystal would be fun to open.

% just made up to illustrate the concept
    The only people this really benefits are whales who buy a ridiculous amount of these things and people with unfathomable luck.
  • so what i’m getting is that you have to be even more lucky to pull a 5* from grandmaster crystals. eh i don’t really mind it, i haven’t even pulled 4* out of them yet let alone 5*

The way to think about the change is that, while this is probably not what's going to happen, what the change does is equivalent to changing the 5* drop into a 5* special crystal, and when you open that crystal 80% of the time you'll get a basic drop and 20% of the time you'll get a 5* Nexus crystal. The chance to get a 5* champ doesn't change at all. The only thing that happens is *some* of the drops that would have been 5* basics are now 5* nexus crystals, that then drop 5* champs.

(A) So this extends down to PC's as well ? 2/3/4 potential, so the 4* potential will have some of it's odds shifted into a 4* Nexus choice instead ?

(B) For the PC, are these just from WHOLE PREMIUM's, and not from formed PC Shards crystals ?

(C) And for all, it says “Nexus Crystal”, so would you get an actual Nexus Crystal into you inventory that you would then have to separately open later ? Or is it an immediate Nexus Choice right away when you open that PC/GC/Cav Crystal ?

These are questions that haven’t been answered anywhere. Haven’t been answered in the ingame message and no forum announcement has been made to give us more details.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Oliver Twist: Please sir I want some more

This quote somehow fits to another underwhelming change.

1 in 500 chance of a chance for something good
  • GigabyteNCGigabyteNC Posts: 5
    When we buy or earn these crystals the drop rates for a favorable result in a GC is 3%. The chance for a favorable opening in a GC after your changes is 2.4% for a 5 star and .6% chance for a nexus crystal.

A CC has a 1% chance for a 6 star champion which is the best possible result and extremely rare. After your change we still have a .8% chance for a 6 star and a .2% chance for a 6 star nexus crystal.

Your change adds new results to crystals however the chances of the better or best results are not changing. You have created an excellent game however your announcement of these crystal changes in my opinion either mocks the player base or insults us if you want praise for this change. If you truly want rng to be the focus of your game we need better drop rates not more favorable results that have even less chance of becoming an actual outcome.
    ItsDamien said:

Is it a bad change? Not really. Is it a good change? Not really.

Does it feel a little unnecessary and baiting people to use more units on crystals? Definitely.

yeah it's not really a negative change, but who will it really affect? maybe a progressing player who still opens premiums will get lucky. but not many people buy Cavs and gmcs. I guess you can get the one from calendar, but the chance is so minute anyway.