**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

We need to have a serious discussion about Science Class champs.

Hey Game Team,

Remember when you caught a bunch of flak and backlash for making Green Goblin and Doc Ock TECH champs?

Well, the last time you all added a new science champ to the game was January 17, 2017.

3wbgzb85ssiq.png

Oh, wait, no, that was Quake's CRYSTAL RELEASE date. Sorry for the confusion.

That means that you have not added a science class champ to the game since 2016.

And it looks like you're about to add three more mystics.

It sucks even more when you have what is more or less a useless 5* science awakening gem.

Comments

• Options
    YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Who"s "we"?kabam aint hearing u but we r
  • Options
    Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    I figured this was a fitting time to post this because Quake's original arena was Sept. 29, 2016.
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    We have a hulk.;)
    Pretty much the only worthy science 5* for the gem. Quake aswell, but goodluck pulling her in a feature now a days.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Wow that is a bit ridiculous, defo need some more science champs
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Science had 16 champions at the end of 2016. After adding all of the new tech champions, the tech class still only has 13 champions. Simply put - that's why all of those Spiderman champions were branded tech instead of science - to balance out the numbers in each class. Once all the classes have similar numbers I'd expect more science champs.

More interesting theories I've heard include that Kabam loves having Mystics be their top defends in AW, so they refused to release Stark SM as a Science champ because he could make mincemeat of their cash cows dormammu and Magik.

Rather than campaigning for more Science champs, why not ask Kabam to release the top science champ (CAWW2) as a five star?
    ... The tech class has 20 champs as of right now, not 13.
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Yeah, the classes are more then evened out I believe... I felt bad for everyone with a science awakening gem because of all this b.s of not adding ONE new science champ.... then I pulled a science gem from 5.3, and I feel even worse =/
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    pulled my science gem in april

New spiderman movie upcoming, surely there will be a science champ there

oh cool they are adding spiderman villains yay, maybe one will be science.

now im left hoping they add jessica jones after watching defenders, or hoping blade could in some way be science, smh. i guess there could be a hulk in the future, but i seriously doubt it.

they need to remove the science gem from the crystals the same way they need to remove the xp boosts from the crystals. both have no use in the game at this moment

also i posted this in june, this is not a new thing

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/5641/breakdown-of-the-last-30-featured-champs#latest
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    What make a new actually good science champ to counter all our purple money makers... ahhem... we mean mystics?... yeah that's what we meant to say... mystics.
    You talk as if you don't like fighting mystic dispersion... ahhem... we mean mystics champs on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Strategic wrote: »
    What make a new actually good science champ to counter all our purple money makers... ahhem... we mean mystics?... yeah that's what we meant to say... mystics.
    You talk as if you don't like fighting mystic dispersion... ahhem... we mean mystics champs on a regular basis.

It's not even MD (although that mastery is seriously bugged and suffers from an inconsistent application of logic by the game team as well--e.g., @Kabam Miike's explanation of how Stagger interacts with Hood's healing vis-a-vis how MD interacts with dexterity). It's the fact that I have a useless 5* awakening gem that was supposed to be compensation for all the BS they caused by dropping the 12.0 update. Meanwhile, I have an unduped 4/55 Cable and 3/45 Star Lord that I could sorely use some gems for.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    pulled my science gem in april

New spiderman movie upcoming, surely there will be a science champ there

oh cool they are adding spiderman villains yay, maybe one will be science.

now im left hoping they add jessica jones after watching defenders, or hoping blade could in some way be science, smh. i guess there could be a hulk in the future, but i seriously doubt it.

they need to remove the science gem from the crystals the same way they need to remove the xp boosts from the crystals. both have no use in the game at this moment

also i posted this in june, this is not a new thing

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/5641/breakdown-of-the-last-30-featured-champs#latest

I’m left in a somewhat similar, albeit not as detrimental state as you science gem holders. I had 3 tech 5* awakening gems back in the day when SL was the only real viable/good tech 5*. When they released all the tech champs, I was incredibly relieved and jumped for joy. I now have 0 left. I pray that day comes for you guys. Hulk is for you guys what SL was for us. You shouldn’t have to rely on one good champ to carry the class. On a similar note I now have 2 skill gems. One is for GP and I’m desperately hoping Blade is Skill. If not, well I guess I’ll bide my time until I get GP as no other skill champs are worth using a gem on.
  • Options
    gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Cosmic = 20 (though Thanos may as well be unobtainable)
    Mutant = 19
    Tech = 19 (Kang & classic Ultron being very rare)
    Science = 16
    Skill = 16
    Mystic = 15 (not including the new 'Blades' characters)

But I agree.. science champs haven't been represented in a very long time.

• Options
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Husky54 wrote: »
    It sucks even more when you have what is more or less a useless 5* science awakening gem.

You think you have it bad?

o9dnl4tr3ihx.png

I'm sorry to see that, man. Truly.
  • Options

o9dnl4tr3ihx.png

I SHOULDN'T BE FEELING BAD FOR OTHER USERS/MYSELF FOR HAVING 5* AWAKENING GEMS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
  • Options

o9dnl4tr3ihx.png

I SHOULDN'T BE FEELING BAD FOR OTHER USERS/MYSELF FOR HAVING 5* AWAKENING GEMS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

BUT HERE WE ARE NONE THE LESS.
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    gahrling wrote: »
    Cosmic = 20 (though Thanos may as well be unobtainable)
    Mutant = 19
    Tech = 19 (Kang & classic Ultron being very rare)
    Science = 16
    Skill = 16
    Mystic = 15 (not including the new 'Blades' characters)

But I agree.. science champs haven't been represented in a very long time.

Tech is 20.

1. Rocket
    2. Starlord
    3. Hulk buster
    4. Iron man
    5. Iron patriot
    6. Green Goblin
    7. Doc Oc
    8. Kang
    9. Vision
    10. Vision AoU
    11. Punisher 2099
    12. Stark Spidey
    13. Vulture
    14. Ultron
    15. Ultron prime
    16. War machine
    17. Civil warrior
    18. Howard
    19. Nebula
    20. Yondu

The other class numbers you listed are all correct though.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm still holding on to, with childish hope, that since blade was bitten by Morbius who is not a true vampire but one made from experiments on himself, that Blade may be science.... He probably won't be.... but I can still hope....
  • Options
    I'm still holding on to, with childish hope, that since blade was bitten by Morbius who is not a true vampire but one made from experiments on himself, that Blade may be science.... He probably won't be.... but I can still hope....

Lol. I’m hoping he will be Skill but something tells me we will both be disappointed during the mystic month of October.
  • Options

Yet I have had a 5* Tech Awakening Gem from a year ago and still have not gotten a tech champion. I thought you were going address the fact that two of the champs in the game that SHOULD have evade don't (Ant-man and YJ).

• Options
    r3zonate wrote: »

Yet I have had a 5* Tech Awakening Gem from a year ago and still have not gotten a tech champion. I thought you were going address the fact that two of the champs in the game that SHOULD have evade don't (Ant-man and YJ).

And both Ultrons get evade. The logic.
  • Options
    Morgan wrote: »
    On the other side, we have a science class being absolutely underwhelming with only 1 champion actually decent and Worth 4/55 and awakening, being hulk. I won't stop on Quake, since it's a great champ if not for the fact she can't crit for bonkers, and base dmg sucks, but Hulk despite being great, is so only when losing hp.

Maybe I read that wrong, but doesn't Quake have the highest base damage in the science class? A R5 4* is like 1300 for damage.

• Options
    King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    Just hold and go for gladiator hulk. lol

I know it sucks, I have a cosmic I am holding. hopefully will get someone good. I wouldn't want to waste it on groot.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I thought Green Goblin should be Science because a formula made him a Goblin or something like that. But that is quite insane!
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Well, on Trucos they are already spoiling a potential leak for Gladiator Hulk. So there yah go!

Having said that, I got a 5 star Science awakening gem from a dimensional rift forever ago, and since I was holding on to it all that time I used it on classic Spiderman.

Was pretty happy with that until they changed AW. :/
  • Options
    gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Morgan wrote: »
    On the other side, we have a science class being absolutely underwhelming with only 1 champion actually decent and Worth 4/55 and awakening, being hulk.

I'd argue that Yellow Jacket is an R5 worthy champ with an excellent SP1 (he completely destroys things like Safeguard). But that doesn't make up for all the other terrible science champs.