**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Warlock Vs Guillotine 2099

1235Β»

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Just one last lil stop back in this thread, I have used G99. A ton actually. I had her at 5* R4 before I even pulled Warlock. And she did her job for a time, until I took Warlock to R4 and found out that he does those jobs better. So now he's at R5. I don't get my opinions from YouTube, rankings, or biased opinions from others.

My statement wasn't necessarily directed at you.
    Just pointing out I'm not one of em. This thread was fun either way.
    We have argued a fair amount in recent time, haven't we? πŸ€”
    Just a tad, yeah. πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Warlock

Kill_Grey said:

is there a way to keep the opponent below a bar of power the entire fight with g2099 and her sp1? I figured I just ask it here because a lot of knowledgeable g2099 users are here. I'm assuming you'd have to purposely miss some so they don't connect?

I haven't tested her that far, so I'll leave that for people like @Holros and @SwarmOfRavens to answer.

But as for the SP 1 miss aspect, it's quite a niche ability that's not achievable in general scenarios. It mostly applies to fighting her on defense, when you would dex her SP 1, or when it would be evaded by the opponent.
    aw. I was hoping that it would be useful for power control scenarios. I have a magik but someone else would definitely be useful. I'll probably test it today in rol or something
    Lol, not trying to spark anything, just trying to help you out. If you do have Warlock, you can do what @Karatemike415 does. Pretty much everyone runs Salve or Willpower, so you can just get an infection up and let it keep on draining the opponent's power. It's a really potent power drain so you can throw occasional combos and heavies which'll bring them down fairly easily. He's done tons of fights with that strategy and I use it in War all the time.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

is there a way to keep the opponent below a bar of power the entire fight with g2099 and her sp1? I figured I just ask it here because a lot of knowledgeable g2099 users are here. I'm assuming you'd have to purposely miss some so they don't connect?

I haven't tested her that far, so I'll leave that for people like @Holros and @SwarmOfRavens to answer.

But as for the SP 1 miss aspect, it's quite a niche ability that's not achievable in general scenarios. It mostly applies to fighting her on defense, when you would dex her SP 1, or when it would be evaded by the opponent.
    aw. I was hoping that it would be useful for power control scenarios. I have a magik but someone else would definitely be useful. I'll probably test it today in rol or something
    Lol, not trying to spark anything, just trying to help you out. If you do have Warlock, you can do what @Karatemike415 does. Pretty much everyone runs Salve or Willpower, so you can just get an infection up and let it keep on draining the opponent's power. It's a really potent power drain so you can throw occasional combos and heavies which'll bring fairly easily. He's done tons of fights with that strategy and I use it in War all the time.
    oh yeah I've seen that. looks super cool. I was just wondering because the sp1 on g2099 didn't look that useful besides saving you if they're at sp3 or the sp2 is very dangerous
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kill_Grey said:

Yeah it is very possible, you might have to tamper with your combo depending on how close the opponent is close to an sp2 and how close or above sp1 you are to make it work, its very possible.
    I don't know if you get my explanation, you just have to be able to use your sp1 at the right time depending on both your current power meter and the opponents while all the while using the right combos to either push your power bar or to prevent them from going to high.
    You might not really get it unless you see a video
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Oh I just read this carefully you meant below a bar of power I thought you meant 2,like preventing them from reaching sp2.
    If its about below a bar of power then in all honesty I don't know,but I think it should be attainable if you use only her power steal pre fight and do mlm combos and use sp1.
    That should work,I will try that out right now and give you feedback on it

Edit: I just tried it out,it didn't work out,I don't think its possible
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Warlock
    I have both at R5, definitely use Warlock more, but Guilly really shines in certain content. 2 different champs and both are amazing. I give Warlock a slight edge.
  • Options
    Ronny_Ronny_ Posts: 66 β˜…
    I have both at r2 n njoy playing both but loves the animations of warlock

• Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Warlock
    Been messing around in 6.1 today so thought I’d try g99 out again.

She was useless against xbones, stuck to warlock or aegon for clearing that but was a great option for the last sentinel, downed him in something like 80 hits, so there @Holros @Kill_Grey found something she’s really useful for.

That xbones fight is so fun btw, been a little while since I last did it, proper tear up in the corner. πŸ‘
  • Options
    Warlock
    Berjibs said:

She was useless against xbones, stuck to warlock or aegon for clearing that but was a great option for the last sentinel, downed him in something like 80 hits, so there @Holros @Kill_Grey found something she’s really useful for.

That xbones fight is so fun btw, been a little while since I last did it, proper tear up in the corner. πŸ‘

I too made another run through 6.1.5 with my R5 Warlock. That Xbones is so fun when you aren't using a no suicides Corvus and revives.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    Guillotine 2099
    @Holros bro, you're so right about that cavalier apocalypse fight πŸ˜‚

Such a cheese with Guilly πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    Warlock
    Holros said:

Oh I just read this carefully you meant below a bar of power I thought you meant 2,like preventing them from reaching sp2.
    If its about below a bar of power then in all honesty I don't know,but I think it should be attainable if you use only her power steal pre fight and do mlm combos and use sp1.
    That should work,I will try that out right now and give you feedback on it

Edit: I just tried it out,it didn't work out,I don't think its possible
    aw man ok thanks
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099
    Berjibs said:

Cool.

I mean, I usually use my ghost for that fella anyway. Haven't run that quest since I got Guilly, might give it a go sometime.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

oh yeah I used my g2099 too. both her and warlock are insane for it. I prefer warlock a bit more because the sp2 plus the fury is insane
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099

Kill_Grey said:

oh yeah I used my g2099 too. both her and warlock are insane for it. I prefer warlock a bit more because the sp2 plus the fury is insane
    Yeah, but 65 hits is quite crazy for a 400k health boss πŸ˜‚
    I've used warlock for the fight as well, but I find it easier to intercept with Guilly due to her long reach on her light attacks. Also, I can take more of his specials into my block due to her high armor rating. Didn't even need the self repair, as a matter of fact. Don't think I even got below 50% πŸ€”
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Berjibs said:

Berjibs said:

I used mine for xbones,and she cleared it just fine,am glad you found her useful for something though
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

I know right, just pure cheesing
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yeah, but 65 hits is quite crazy for a 400k health boss πŸ˜‚
    I've used warlock for the fight as well, but I find it easier to intercept with Guilly due to her long reach on her light attacks. Also, I can take more of his specials into my block due to her high armor rating. Didn't even need the self repair, as a matter of fact. Don't think I even got below 50% πŸ€”

Warlock light attack has one of the best reach in the game maybe behind masacre, it’s one of his key attributes.
    Holros said:

Berjibs said:

Berjibs said:

I used mine for xbones,and she cleared it just fine,am glad you found her useful for something though

I got like 100 hits in and looked up to see I’d done next to no damage so just quit out. I’m guessing he was just regenerating all I was doing, not too sure as was concentrating on the bane situation.

Were you able to ramp her beforehand or used sp2 or something? Literally I’d done not even 10% health.