**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Nakuul said:

GagoH said:

After more time thinking about it. The force rankup sucks but most players who can complete act 6 most likely have a t5cc at full. So I no longer have an issue with this. One forced rankup isn't the end of the world. It could've been much worse. Believe it or not 100% of act 6 is much harder than 1 r3 6 star.

It's not really a forced Rank Up. It's just a requirement for the Title. When people have one, they will get it. There's no force or urgency.
    Cyber Weekend deals coming soon means it is an urgency
    Then people will have to decide which they value more. A T5CC or the deals. Not a difficult concept.

What if the player was stoked and grinding arena for months before only to be shafted cause they were short a few thousand fragments and had to just settle for the Cav offers?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Nakuul said:

GagoH said:

After more time thinking about it. The force rankup sucks but most players who can complete act 6 most likely have a t5cc at full. So I no longer have an issue with this. One forced rankup isn't the end of the world. It could've been much worse. Believe it or not 100% of act 6 is much harder than 1 r3 6 star.

It's not really a forced Rank Up. It's just a requirement for the Title. When people have one, they will get it. There's no force or urgency.
    Then people will have to decide which they value more. A T5CC or the deals. Not a difficult concept.

What if the player was stoked and grinding arena for months before only to be shafted cause they were short a few thousand fragments and had to just settle for the Cav offers?
    No matter the requirements someone will be “shafted”
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    This could be interesting. No act 7 until 1.5 mil rating, no final boss access without r4 6*(just ideas). It makes you have to have enhanced your roster to get to the good stuff.
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    I bet Kabam wanted this new progression level to come out with Act 7 chapter 1 which probably originally would have been out by Oct 1. Was delayed due to the good feedback from the beta. Very glad btw of the changes to Act 7.

Now they had to improvise to get the progression level out before Black Friday offers.

Truth is, there will be many people screwed by RNG, but I do know most players at the supposed “end game” that this is supposed to represent have picked up at least one rank 3 champ from various rewards even if they haven’t spent. If you are done with abyss and don’t have one, you have very bad luck since you also get the nexus from there.

Fingers crossed people can get there. Ranking less than ideal champs to rank 3 is also something people shouldn’t dismiss. I have Doctor Doom (targeted with Abyss crystal), but my second rank 3 was Mysterio. He brings various utility to the table and helps with prestige. Do I wish it was WL? Yes but I’m very happy with the decision. He is a great rank 3 for me even though most people say he isn’t top 5 tech.
    Lainua said:

Mcord117 said:

This community is getting toxic

Because we are betrayed by Kabam and some youtubers. What they did is unjustified.

What YouTubers betrayed you? I know you care only about yourself but believe it or not, some people disagree with your views
    Ah i misunderstood also, i hate that everything is being nerfed into oblivion as well
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I assume what’s implied by the announcement is that T5c will continue to be easier to get as 2020 winds up—not easy, but easier.

Whether that’s purely pay for T5c or a blend of pay/play (most likely, especially if solo objectives, Cav difficulty and Variant prizes are any indication) remains to be seen. There are two major deal events between now and 2021–it is impossible for me to believe the team won’t take advantage of the community’s lust for a new title and new toys during both events.

If I lack the title on Day 1, I’m fine with it. I know what content I need to complete to have a better chance, and I’m reasonably assured of filling out a T5c in one of a few classes soonish even if I don’t complete that content.

While it will be unfortunate to complete a T5c in the one class I lack a serviceable champ, I’m not worried about that problem until I get there. And I’m definitely not worrying until I fully understand what the precise rewards will be for title-holders—especially if it’s at all like the mediocre Cavalier level rewards.

Maybe I’ve played the game too long, but I’m honestly past getting riled up about someone else having better pixels than I do. I’m much more concerned with the fun/punishing balance of future MCoC content.

Dr. Zola

This is exactly how I feel. I can still get riled up about things but I'm having a hard time getting up off the proverbial couch for this one lol. I lack a serviceable champ in more than one class though. But it's all good. I'll break thrones at some point.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

It’s just the same old **** show again.

People complained about the A6 5* gates. Many of those who complained have not even 100% A5.

Now they are complaining about the 6* R3 gate, whilst many of them have not 100% A6 yet.

It’s very simple. UC EQ is supposed to help you grow your account to explore A5, while Cav EQ will gradually help you build your roster to explore A6.

THEN... you’ll be the target group for this title.

Can you get this title earlier? Definitely, if you get lucky.

Will you be able to finish the quests aimed at this group? Likely not.

Just quit whining about the requirements. You’ll get it when you’re ready.

I REALLY REALLY want the title to be gated behind A6 100%, even if it has been nerfed to the group. At the very least, whoever has that title has a baseline for their rosters.

Why should it be gated behind 100% A6? All the other titles are achieved just by completion. I don't see why this title should require 100% completion when the others have just been achieved with 1 pass thru. It's not like the titles up until now offer very much to help progression. I guess the cav calendar gives an extra 1/2 t2a every month but that's easily obtainable thru glory or content. I just don't see any reason it needs to be changed now.
  • Those who have rank 3 congrats. Those who are no where near a rank 3 then this isn't for you. Its those of us in the middle I'd like Kabam to listen too. Those of us who have completed all the content, have multiple t5cc but haven't ranked anyone to rank 3 yet. We don't want it to be easier to get, make it harder if you like, but just not based on luck.

Taking one of my curret 6* to rank 3 will not help in any part of the game. Not prestige, not AW defence, and they certainly won't perform as well in any future story content as my god tier rank 5s.

I still say keep the title for those who have done 100% act 6.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 said:

If Kabam gave us a full t5cc selector and generic 6 star awakening gem at the end of act 6 no one would have this problem because we could just rank up any champ we have. Most players no matter how bad their roster is have at least 2 or 3 god tier champs undupped once you get into 20's with 6 stars. This is an artificial RNG problem that didn't need to be there but from a profit motive it makes the most sense. People will be opening up their wallets to blitz through act 6 in less than a week.

But if the requirement was, say, 100% Act 6, then wouldn't the same thing happen: people would feel compelled to spend past Act 6? As difficult as Act 6 to most players, if you're willing to spend an unlimited number of units on it you can do almost any path with average skill. So instead of having to suffer through bad RNG, would it be better if lots of players simply felt they had to spend cash to clear Act 6 immediately, rather than eventually?

People say that completing Act 6 is about skill, but that's not entirely true. It is *usually* more about skill than RNG, because most people won't spend exorbitant amounts of units to clear it, because even the very good rewards at the end aren't worth spending more than a certain amount. But if you place a progression title at the end of it that people are saying is sufficiently valuable that they are considering ranking up champs they would otherwise not rank to r3, wouldn't many of them feel compelled to do anything else besides bad rank ups? Whatever the requirement is, if some people feel forced to do a bad thing to get it, won't they feel forced to do every other bad thing to get it that the requirement mandated?
    You basically just said

Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 said:

Seraph said:

DNA3000 said:

Camby01 said:

Sabretooth, Killmonger, Ghulk, Magneto, Colossus, and Ronin are all solid 6r3 candidates.
    No they're not. They aren't dupped. You need a dup to keep up with the prestige rank, if you rank anybody especially an Omega red for r3 6* with 0 dups will hold you back even further than simply waiting for the dup. These items are still way too rare to rank up, unfortunately a title is tied to it.
    Then thats on you to not rank them up not kabam. I would personally rank them up except sabre. Def mags and colossus but you are waiting for the near perfect situation which has its downsides like every other decision in the game.
    Yeah, that's the whole point. I want to feel good about the rankup and I have that option. I'm saying its not cool to put the new story progression with that gate. Overall the title is super easy to get so I'm not mad about it just saying I feel for the people who have to force a rankup. Not hard to understand.
    It is understandable that people don't want to go out of their way to do things they aren't happy with just to progress. But Thronebreaker doesn't require people to do that. You could simply wait until you have a rank up option you are happy with. You're only required to do something you aren't happy with if you want Thronebreaker immediately and don't have an option you're happy with. And that's less understandable, because first that's saying that not only must the game give you progression options you're happy with, it must always do so immediately. And that only breeds unhealthy entitlement in the playerbase.

And second, because the game has to sell something, the thing it most strongly monetizes is impatience: it sells the ability to get now what everyone else will get eventually. That's the best, softest monetization gate possible, because no one is permanently paywalled away from progression. Spenders only get there faster, they don't get anywhere everyone else can't get to eventually. If you mandate that the game must always give people expedited ways to make progress, even at the very highest levels of the game, you neuter that monetization option away. Which means much more harsher paywalls would have to be created to monetize instead.

No one is forced into a rank up. Everyone has a choice to make, and they should be responsible for that choice. And if enjoying rank ups is something a player prioritizes, then they should hold off on ranking up their first rank 3 until they pull a champ they will be happy to rank up. it will only delay reaching Thronebreaker by some period of time, not blockade them off of it forever. But if they want the Thronebreaker title more than they want to feel happy about their first rank 3 rank up, then that's the choice they should make as well. And the idea that games shouldn't present tough choices to players is false. In my opinion the best games always do.
    All they're doing here is rewarding the players with good rng, nothing to do with clearing content and in my opinion they are forcing players to take their trash to R3 rather than waiting for either a champ they want to play or a good prestige champ.
    Well that's your opinion, but it is a self-fulfillingly destructive one. If you believe you are forced to make bad rank up choices, you will make bad rank up choices and be unhappy. If you believe you are not forced to make bad rank up choices, you won't make bad rank up choices and you will be happy with your rank up choices. And there's nothing Kabam can do to convince someone who doesn't want to rank a champ up to actually do it. That is something only the player can do to themselves.

This is literally no different than someone saying that the Abyss is bad because everyone wants the rewards in it but not everyone can actually complete it so Kabam forces people to spend money to plow through it Heck, let's go all the way and say that Kabam forces players to merc it.

Nobody is forced to merc Abyss, that's just an excuse. If they can't do it now, then they simply have to wait until they can. If you don't have a rank 3 option you want to rank up, then you wait until you do. Saying Kabam is forcing you to do anything is just an excuse for poor judgment.

Someone is right now about to say that Abyss is about skill and R3 is about RNG. However, a player's roster composition strongly influences both whether an individual player can reasonably do Abyss with their skill level, and how much units it costs. So RNG does determine, for the majority of players, whether they will even attempt it, and what it will cost if they do. So saying Abyss is about skill and R3 is about RNG is a completely false dichotomy. *Everything* in this game is about player skill and player roster combined. And player roster always has a random component to it, and always will.
    Making your response take up a whole page isn’t going to get your point across, nor is over complicating your sentences by using words most people here will have to google the definition of. Seriously, kabam could release a single piece of tier 1 iso 8 for 500 dollars and you would be all over it
    It is still a respectable opinion and I think having all sides involved is a huge pro for Kabam in itself and I do not think any response should ever be so blaintly ignored

I do not deem wise nor appropriate to condemn an opinion to any sort of hatred unless it's contents factually equate to so

👍
    Wow did you actually think your going to come off as intelligent from this one? They teach you words like those when you are 11-12 in the UK. Also yes it is a fact that Rank 3 6 stars are still waaaay overkill for a title requirement. Around 3% of players are going to get this title and increase the gap between them and regular players even further
    I was not trying to offend you but I am sorley confused
    I must have really fired you up for you to whip out your dictionary. Again, can you give me a point I can argue? Because all your spouting at this moment in time is nonsense.
    Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 said:

If Kabam gave us a full t5cc selector and generic 6 star awakening gem at the end of act 6 no one would have this problem because we could just rank up any champ we have. Most players no matter how bad their roster is have at least 2 or 3 god tier champs undupped once you get into 20's with 6 stars. This is an artificial RNG problem that didn't need to be there but from a profit motive it makes the most sense. People will be opening up their wallets to blitz through act 6 in less than a week.

But if the requirement was, say, 100% Act 6, then wouldn't the same thing happen: people would feel compelled to spend past Act 6? As difficult as Act 6 to most players, if you're willing to spend an unlimited number of units on it you can do almost any path with average skill. So instead of having to suffer through bad RNG, would it be better if lots of players simply felt they had to spend cash to clear Act 6 immediately, rather than eventually?

People say that completing Act 6 is about skill, but that's not entirely true. It is *usually* more about skill than RNG, because most people won't spend exorbitant amounts of units to clear it, because even the very good rewards at the end aren't worth spending more than a certain amount. But if you place a progression title at the end of it that people are saying is sufficiently valuable that they are considering ranking up champs they would otherwise not rank to r3, wouldn't many of them feel compelled to do anything else besides bad rank ups? Whatever the requirement is, if some people feel forced to do a bad thing to get it, won't they feel forced to do every other bad thing to get it that the requirement mandated?
    You basically just said

Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 said:

Seraph said:

DNA3000 said:

Camby01 said:

Sabretooth, Killmonger, Ghulk, Magneto, Colossus, and Ronin are all solid 6r3 candidates.
    No they're not. They aren't dupped. You need a dup to keep up with the prestige rank, if you rank anybody especially an Omega red for r3 6* with 0 dups will hold you back even further than simply waiting for the dup. These items are still way too rare to rank up, unfortunately a title is tied to it.
    Then thats on you to not rank them up not kabam. I would personally rank them up except sabre. Def mags and colossus but you are waiting for the near perfect situation which has its downsides like every other decision in the game.
    Yeah, that's the whole point. I want to feel good about the rankup and I have that option. I'm saying its not cool to put the new story progression with that gate. Overall the title is super easy to get so I'm not mad about it just saying I feel for the people who have to force a rankup. Not hard to understand.
    It is understandable that people don't want to go out of their way to do things they aren't happy with just to progress. But Thronebreaker doesn't require people to do that. You could simply wait until you have a rank up option you are happy with. You're only required to do something you aren't happy with if you want Thronebreaker immediately and don't have an option you're happy with. And that's less understandable, because first that's saying that not only must the game give you progression options you're happy with, it must always do so immediately. And that only breeds unhealthy entitlement in the playerbase.

And second, because the game has to sell something, the thing it most strongly monetizes is impatience: it sells the ability to get now what everyone else will get eventually. That's the best, softest monetization gate possible, because no one is permanently paywalled away from progression. Spenders only get there faster, they don't get anywhere everyone else can't get to eventually. If you mandate that the game must always give people expedited ways to make progress, even at the very highest levels of the game, you neuter that monetization option away. Which means much more harsher paywalls would have to be created to monetize instead.

No one is forced into a rank up. Everyone has a choice to make, and they should be responsible for that choice. And if enjoying rank ups is something a player prioritizes, then they should hold off on ranking up their first rank 3 until they pull a champ they will be happy to rank up. it will only delay reaching Thronebreaker by some period of time, not blockade them off of it forever. But if they want the Thronebreaker title more than they want to feel happy about their first rank 3 rank up, then that's the choice they should make as well. And the idea that games shouldn't present tough choices to players is false. In my opinion the best games always do.
    All they're doing here is rewarding the players with good rng, nothing to do with clearing content and in my opinion they are forcing players to take their trash to R3 rather than waiting for either a champ they want to play or a good prestige champ.
    Well that's your opinion, but it is a self-fulfillingly destructive one. If you believe you are forced to make bad rank up choices, you will make bad rank up choices and be unhappy. If you believe you are not forced to make bad rank up choices, you won't make bad rank up choices and you will be happy with your rank up choices. And there's nothing Kabam can do to convince someone who doesn't want to rank a champ up to actually do it. That is something only the player can do to themselves.

This is literally no different than someone saying that the Abyss is bad because everyone wants the rewards in it but not everyone can actually complete it so Kabam forces people to spend money to plow through it Heck, let's go all the way and say that Kabam forces players to merc it.

Nobody is forced to merc Abyss, that's just an excuse. If they can't do it now, then they simply have to wait until they can. If you don't have a rank 3 option you want to rank up, then you wait until you do. Saying Kabam is forcing you to do anything is just an excuse for poor judgment.

Someone is right now about to say that Abyss is about skill and R3 is about RNG. However, a player's roster composition strongly influences both whether an individual player can reasonably do Abyss with their skill level, and how much units it costs. So RNG does determine, for the majority of players, whether they will even attempt it, and what it will cost if they do. So saying Abyss is about skill and R3 is about RNG is a completely false dichotomy. *Everything* in this game is about player skill and player roster combined. And player roster always has a random component to it, and always will.
    Making your response take up a whole page isn’t going to get your point across, nor is over complicating your sentences by using words most people here will have to google the definition of. Seriously, kabam could release a single piece of tier 1 iso 8 for 500 dollars and you would be all over it
    It is still a respectable opinion and I think having all sides involved is a huge pro for Kabam in itself and I do not think any response should ever be so blaintly ignored

I do not deem wise nor appropriate to condemn an opinion to any sort of hatred unless it's contents factually equate to so

👍
    Wow did you actually think your going to come off as intelligent from this one? They teach you words like those when you are 11-12 in the UK. Also yes it is a fact that Rank 3 6 stars are still waaaay overkill for a title requirement. Around 3% of players are going to get this title and increase the gap between them and regular players even further
    That is their target with this, like literally, they have stated this, this is NOT for the average player, this is something for the average player to work towards. Not everything needs to be, nor should, target the average player.
    BG just got his first 6 star rank 3, does he count as an average player? Yikes honestly mate
    Well BG is totally free to play and took 6 months off the game, and even he has a rank 3 despite having done only 1 abyss path.
    Doesn’t matter, aside from that 6 months he would grind everyday. He’s an example of how far an F2P player has to go to get the requirements for the title
  • Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36

Those who have rank 3 congrats. Those who are no where near a rank 3 then this isn't for you. Its those of us in the middle I'd like Kabam to listen too. Those of us who have completed all the content, have multiple t5cc but haven't ranked anyone to rank 3 yet. We don't want it to be easier to get, make it harder if you like, but just not based on luck.

Taking one of my curret 6* to rank 3 will not help in any part of the game. Not prestige, not AW defence, and they certainly won't perform as well in any future story content as my god tier rank 5s.

Its your choice, once you see rewards for title you can decide whether you would like to use 1 t5cc on subpar champ to get rewards. Its same like when you want to be in top ally you need to rank for prestige. If you dont like rewards for title then save your t5cc :)
  • Those who have rank 3 congrats. Those who are no where near a rank 3 then this isn't for you. Its those of us in the middle I'd like Kabam to listen too. Those of us who have completed all the content, have multiple t5cc but haven't ranked anyone to rank 3 yet. We don't want it to be easier to get, make it harder if you like, but just not based on luck.

Its your choice, once you see rewards for title you can decide whether you would like to use 1 t5cc on subpar champ to get rewards. Its same like when you want to be in top ally you need to rank for prestige. If you dont like rewards for title then save your t5cc :)
    I have no problem at all doing a rank up for increased prestige. But again it's a limited champion pool and requires a dupe or awakening gem.

I think at first the rewards for the title won't make much difference but in time that will change.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Those Offers aren't an urgency. You're going to get Offers just the same at Cavalier. Perhaps not the same ones, but it's not going to make your Account self-destruct if not.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited September 2020
    I think it would be logic to give the throne breaker title to people who 100% Act 6 and give the title after all the adjustments have been made. And no i haven explored but just have done completion at the moment waiting for the adjustments.

But you could can get 100% Act 6 without spending money, and I think KABAM wants to make the title just for the P2W summoners as pointed out before.

Abyss is also just a P2W content which does not require skill, but only the right champs and a lot of money=units. Comparing the throne breaker title to completion of abyss just confirms that the title is intended for P2W summoners.