**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Class Advancement Solo Events

Did they remove the class advancement solo events? There hasn’t been one since the solo event rewards update

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    its random, are we now complaining about class advancement as well as level up?
  • Weaksauce_1Weaksauce_1 Posts: 12
    I know it’s random, but I’ve never seen it go 3 days without one. I’m just wondering if they got rid of them or are vamping up the rewards like Quest Completion
  • Space_gooSpace_goo Posts: 127
    edited September 2020
    @“mcoc team”

It may have been removed at cavalier+. Reddit post that lower achievement players get class advancement. Someone posted here that this was being removed, during the server meltdown summer 2020. Possible partial accuracy
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    I cant find the post from years ago, but solo events were selected like this:

Randomly select 1 event that hasn't occurred in the last 6 selections. Which basically was a 1/12 shot at the eligible events. There are 6 class advancement events. of the 12.

Assuming the "last 6" were reset when the event changed and that there are still only 18 events, the odds of no class advancement events appearing in the first 12 is roughly .08%.

I don't think it is unwarranted to question if something has changed or if an error is occurring.
    Would love for @DNA3000 to check my math here, but something is changed/wrong.

• Space_gooSpace_goo Posts: 127
    Checked alt account, not cav, and has class adv

Damn, so I get no points for popping crystals, leveling up champs (outside of level up event), or using sig stones?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    I get them and I am cavalier
    Space_goo said:

Checked alt account, not cav, and has class adv

Good look. can you post scoring requirements @Space_goo for it. I believe popping crystals still scores points there.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I get them and I am cavalier

Can u give screenshots of scoring way and rewards??
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Same question here...are they removed from the 7hr-solo events list of players with Cavalier???
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

I am cav and no, popping crystals does not score any points for it
  • I was wondering the same thing... got a bunch of crystals ready to pop and still no advancement
  • Bomber_IBomber_I Posts: 5
    I have not seen them in a while as well and I'm uncollected, the running event now is Cosmic combat as well
    Have any of you approached Kabam support?
    Moderator commented in the new solo event thread in general.
  • From main “Update to Solo Events” thread...

edited September 2020
    @SummonerNR they already explained in the announcement before the new rewards came out that the Solo Event Quest Completion event won’t start until next month’s EQ cuz it will include extra points for UC and Cav difficulties
    For uncollected mystic advancement event has started
    I maintain this is not “fixed”. The pool of events now has multiple possible combat events for each class (light ending, medium ending sp1 sp2 etc). This making the odds of class advancement being selected very low. I don’t think anyone wants a 1/7 shot of any class advancement being selected, which is roughly the odds based on an educated guess.
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Bomber_I said:

For uncollected mystic advancement event has started

..and it's broken.. at least for crystal openings.

I opened 32 Premium Hero shard crystals which are supposed to give 350 points each, got 0

I think I figured it out. It’s not that Class Advancement events had gone away, it’s that the Sp2 Class Combat and Medium attack Class Combat events are considered 2 different events so instead of there just being 6 different class combat events, now there’s probably like 36 because of all the different attack bonuses. So there’s a 6x higher chance for a class combat event to show up than the Class Advancement and Class Arena Win events
  • battleone said:

Randomly select 1 event that hasn't occurred in the last 6 selections. Which basically was a 1/12 shot at the eligible events. There are 6 class advancement events. of the 12.

Assuming the "last 6" were reset when the event changed and that there are still only 18 events, the odds of no class advancement events appearing in the first 12 is roughly .08%.

I don't think it is unwarranted to question if something has changed or if an error is occurring.

I'm assuming the math you were doing was to compute the odds of not pulling one of six possible events from a total set of 18, assuming that as each event is pulled it cannot be pulled again within the next six pulls. If so, then the odds of not pulling the desired six out of eighteen total is calculated by multiplying the odds of the first pull not being one of the six, which is 12/18, followed by the odds of the next one missing which is 11/17 (because you cannot pull that first one again, so there's 17 possibilities and 6 are the ones you're looking for, so there are 11 that miss), and so on. 12/18 * 11/17 * 10/16 * 9/15 * 8/14 * 7/13 for the first six pulls. After that, the odds of continuing to miss are 6/12 for ever pull after that, because there will always be six options that are disqualified (they cannot repeat within the window) and six options you want and six you don't want of the remainder. So 12/18 * 11/17 * 10/16 * 9/15 * 8/14 * 7/13 * (6/12)^6. That comes out to be about 0.07777% or about 0.08%. So that agrees with your calculations.

However, I suspect @Weaksauce_1 may be onto something. If in fact the combat events now comprmise 36 of all the possibilities instead of six of them, that would imply there are now something like 48 possibilities. In that case, the same calculation above makes the odds of not seeing advancements events 42/48 * 41/47 * 40/46 * 39/45 * 38/44 * 37/43 * (36/42)^6 ~= 0.1695 or about 17%. That's not terribly unlikely.
    DNA3000 said:

battleone said:

I'm assuming the math you were doing was to compute the odds of not pulling one of six possible events from a total set of 18, assuming that as each event is pulled it cannot be pulled again within the next six pulls. If so, then the odds of not pulling the desired six out of eighteen total is calculated by multiplying the odds of the first pull not being one of the six, which is 12/18, followed by the odds of the next one missing which is 11/17 (because you cannot pull that first one again, so there's 17 possibilities and 6 are the ones you're looking for, so there are 11 that miss), and so on. 12/18 * 11/17 * 10/16 * 9/15 * 8/14 * 7/13 for the first six pulls. After that, the odds of continuing to miss are 6/12 for ever pull after that, because there will always be six options that are disqualified (they cannot repeat within the window) and six options you want and six you don't want of the remainder. So 12/18 * 11/17 * 10/16 * 9/15 * 8/14 * 7/13 * (6/12)^6. That comes out to be about 0.07777% or about 0.08%. So that agrees with your calculations.

However, I suspect @Weaksauce_1 may be onto something. If in fact the combat events now comprmise 36 of all the possibilities instead of six of them, that would imply there are now something like 48 possibilities. In that case, the same calculation above makes the odds of not seeing advancements events 42/48 * 41/47 * 40/46 * 39/45 * 38/44 * 37/43 * (36/42)^6 ~= 0.1695 or about 17%. That's not terribly unlikely.
    Yes, I speculated that in the solo event announcement thread after 5 events

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1429455#Comment_1429455

This why I referenced something “changed”

I would like to see kabam dilute the odds of each combat possibility back down to 1/3 of the entire pool of events as opposed to such a lions share of events.
  • BlarghBlargh Posts: 38
    My UC account once again hasn’t seen a class advancement event in what seems like weeks. Maybe 10 days. This is ludicrous.