**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ARENA AI AND REWARDS UPDATE - Why not set up a minimum for the feature arena?

Although I appreciated the changes to Arena Ai and rewards, I still do not understand why a minimum is not defined by Kabam for the feature arena.
For example 30KK for the 5-Star Feature - it is not an easy score to achieve. it still requires planning and the use of units. However, it would allow more players to invest more time and money to get more heroes.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m assuming you mean 30 million? That’s extremely easy
  • saorps said:

Although I appreciated the changes to Arena Ai and rewards, I still do not understand why a minimum is not defined by Kabam for the feature arena.
    For example 30KK for the 5-Star Feature - it is not an easy score to achieve. it still requires planning and the use of units. However, it would allow more players to invest more time and money to get more heroes.

I hit 16.6m the other day.

I don't use suicides or points boosts, I also never bother with my 4*s, on top of that I hit 6m in the 4* featured arena. I also missed a rotation of my 6* and 5* and I only run through my 5* twice a day. If I put the work in I think I could hit 30m without using units.

There are people who've got 2x the R5s I have, 2x the R2s and there are people running around with 10+ R3 6*. People like @Worknprogress if he ever grinds arena could probably smash 40-50m before even considering dipping into the unit stash.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    They didn't say anything about milestone rewards tho...
  • saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    Mauled said:

saorps said:

I don't use suicides or points boosts, I also never bother with my 4*s, on top of that I hit 6m in the 4* featured arena. I also missed a rotation of my 6* and 5* and I only run through my 5* twice a day. If I put the work in I think I could hit 30m without using units.

There are people who've got 2x the R5s I have, 2x the R2s and there are people running around with 10+ R3 6*. People like @Worknprogress if he ever grinds arena could probably smash 40-50m before even considering dipping into the unit stash.
    Kabam has the data to better identify what would be a minimum that is possible and still a challenge. I guess the most important is predictability.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Why do you need Kabam to give you a clear minimum? Arenas are basically a bunch of people competing with each other to get as many points as possible to hit a certain reward threshold. Kabam doesn’t know what the bare minimum arena points score is every single time. Plus there’s loads of resources on the internet and people who keep records or previous estimated minimums. You can use your brain, previous estimated cutoffs, what kind of champ you’re grinding for, how popular the champ you’re grinding for is, how desired they are by the community, and loads of other factors to make an educated guess on where the cutoff is gonna be. Kabam doesn’t need to feed you.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Is the update out now? Haven’t tried it yet
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Mauled said:

saorps said:

@Mauled - @Worknprogress can hit WELL over 80m unitless without even trying.
    We did the math last week.
    What is the exact mathematic formula for calculating "without even trying"?

lol just kidding.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

30 mil would be giving every new champ duped to every big roster for free, and would kill sales of cavs since you’d get the 5* for free

Well not exactly for free. To anyone who can put up 30 Mil, but the gist is the same. Quite the variation from 80-90 Mil.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    That's not how this game works. Very little is guaranteed in MCOC.
  • (Fun Fact)
    30kk (thousand thousand = million, at least in US English custom)
    As some other counties in the world use the term Million or Billion to represent different increments that we specify in US. So poster must be from somewhere else, thus his use of “kk”.

(and I think it's just a difference in wording convention, nothing to do with our reluctance to switch to Metric system)

Would be nice idea, but would maybe have to constantly change from one arena to the next. First, depending if an old hero vs new hero. Second, ever slowly increasing also to represent ever increasing rosters.

30 mil would be giving every new champ duped to every big roster for free, and would kill sales of cavs since you’d get the 5* for free

it would still require a lot of time to reach this number and time is the biggest resource.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    30M for the FEATURED champs is ridiculously low. They should NOT implement a minimum for featured 5* arena. They increased the pool which is good enough.

On a side note, if they ever had a basic 5* with older champs, then i could see where a minimum could work for the community. But never for featured!
    DNA3000 said:

saorps said:

Because the arena is a competition, and because Kabam limits the ability to target specific champs of higher tiers. And they do that because they monetize impatience, and it would be impossible to make money off of impatience if everyone could get whatever they wanted with well-defined achievable effort predictably.
    well, by limiting to the higher tiers, it excludes most players. if the target seems impossible for most players, they will never try. but if it is difficult but possible, more players would be willing to invest units or $$$ to achieve it.
    anyway, I see your point.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    saorps said:

it would still require a lot of time to reach this number and time is the biggest resource.
    It wouldn’t really, that’s one round a day of 5/6*. Doing 80 mil is hard, 30 would be a cakewalk for developed rosters
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    saorps said:

Depends on your definition of "lot of time." The theoretical limit for someone with a giant roster of 6* champs and running suicides is somewhere around six hours. That's 75 6* champs cycled as 25 arena rounds twice a day, 150 rounds total, about 200k points per round, and doing about 25 arena rounds per hour.

I don't have that large of a 6* roster and I don't run suicides, but by my calculations I could probably do it in about twelve hours using no boosts and no refreshes between 6* and 5* champions. If I could guarantee the 5* featured for twelve hours of effort, four hours a day for three days, I'd be doing that often. i suspect if the 5* featured champ was the reward, there are thousands of players who would put up 30 million points for at least some of them.
  • GatorSlam_MrvKnGatorSlam_MrvKn Posts: 211

saorps said:

It wouldn’t really, that’s one round a day of 5/6*. Doing 80 mil is hard, 30 would be a cakewalk for developed rosters
    That is correct. If you have a large roster, you only need to do 6*, and top 5* twice a day. Which should only take about 2.5 hours. And after 3 days, you can easily get to 30mill.
    What I mean by top 5*, are r4 and higher.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

saorps said:

@Mauled - @Worknprogress can hit WELL over 80m unitless without even trying.
    We did the math last week.
    Got a link or a copy/paste?
  • Harit_kumarHarit_kumar Posts: 76
    No mention of change in milestones
    Do they think we still need 2 star from phc shards
    And the change of 6 star shards from 200 to 300 is just a joke on us
    No announcement of 5 star basic arena
    This rewards update is just noting
    Since 3 star are not useful except collection purpose
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

saorps said:

Yeah like Mike mentioned I'm at least at 80M if not 90+ before I have to use units. I get around 13M for a full run of 5/6*
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    saorps said:

No. 30M is basically 2 arena sessions for some people. Not remotely difficult