**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    DeadPooop said:

Shinyuu said:

Okay @Kabam Miike I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong that this change is good for newer players but it still lies a few problems and that is:

1: arena scores are about to be a lottttttt higher because someone can get more points being able to run all their champs at R1

2: bots are going to increase these scores dramatically and the fair players will get screwed out the champ

I do like/hate the changes and definitely think the 5 star featured arena needs to be tweaked a little

after testing my R1 at a streak of 43 and not getting a death match like I would have in the past my first thought was that's pretty cool but then quickly went to the above 2 thoughts.

I was able to use R1s before, just had to mix and match to not trigger the deathmatch, i was running 30 teams, it doesnt change much for bots if you had the teams figured out. I am doing matches with 90 5*. The best part of this is that i dont have to mix them anymore. I can just do a team of R1s and not trigget a deathmatch, which will come handy when the team auto selector comes out.
    I would not run a full team of Rank 3's though, you'll face the same issues people in the 5 Star Featured do, 5/65 SS Tier Champs, tone it down to a Rank 3 with 2 Rank 1's, the Rank 1's may struggle but the opponents will generally be easier since most have even bad champions at Rank 3.
  • MAYASMAYAS Posts: 12
    Where is the restriction that we can get 2x team???
    I think your system again failed
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

@Kabam Miike has the penny dropped yet that there’s a problem here, or are we all wrong?

Nobody said you're wrong, but there's still a lot to learn here. This is very new to everybody, and some people are automatically thinking that they can't even use 4-Stars anymore. We're keeping an eye on it, but are not going to make any changes right away without people having time to actually try this out.

This is the reaction we receive every time there is a change to the Infinite Streak, which changes a lot, so we have to watch this closely.
    The problem with using Rank 5 4 Stars, is you will face Rank 5, 5 Stars, and those Rank 5's are usually SS Tier, Meta characters, not a lot of the bad champions that exist in the lower ranks, which aren't a problem to defeat. That does need a little tweaking, as I've probably rambled about on the forums.
  • MAYASMAYAS Posts: 12
    Every refresh i got old death squad
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Shrug, I like the change. I don’t have to worry about figuring out the infinite streak mess. I don’t have to stop playing because I’ve ran out of champs that would keep me from getting death matches. I know all matches will max at 2x. And winning 2/3 at 2x is a high probability.

While I can see this slows down hardcore grinders, it’s a benefit for a larger player base. And hardcore grinders will all be in the same boat. So it’s slower for everyone.

• BassanioBassanio Posts: 162
    Over 10 death matches in a row is so called “improved”?

• BassanioBassanio Posts: 162
    edited October 2020
    Bassanio said:

OK. I got it. It won’t stop until I give up the death matches arena.

Don’t tell me it’s not a new bug.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★

This is absurd. It takes so much time and there are fair chances of losing the streak.

Please fix this. Arenas as it is are the most boring part of mcoc. Sadly, being ftp player, they are primary source for units and gold. Don't make it even worse.
  • TheAverageMCOCPlayerTheAverageMCOCPlayer Posts: 7
    edited October 2020

How is fighting the exact same 6* R3 domino, Korg and CG from same Brabbram against my 5* R4 and 6* R1s help me in the grind @Kabam Miike ?

I was so excited for arena changes and matching top champs consistently is the best way to annoy any grinder

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Bassanio said:

Bassanio said:

OK. I got it. It won’t stop until I give up the death matches arena.

Don’t tell me it’s not a new bug.
    It’s not a bug! It’s a feature! Enjoy!
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

DeadPooop said:

Shinyuu said:

Okay @Kabam Miike I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong that this change is good for newer players but it still lies a few problems and that is:

1: arena scores are about to be a lottttttt higher because someone can get more points being able to run all their champs at R1

2: bots are going to increase these scores dramatically and the fair players will get screwed out the champ

I do like/hate the changes and definitely think the 5 star featured arena needs to be tweaked a little

after testing my R1 at a streak of 43 and not getting a death match like I would have in the past my first thought was that's pretty cool but then quickly went to the above 2 thoughts.

I was able to use R1s before, just had to mix and match to not trigger the deathmatch, i was running 30 teams, it doesnt change much for bots if you had the teams figured out. I am doing matches with 90 5*. The best part of this is that i dont have to mix them anymore. I can just do a team of R1s and not trigget a deathmatch, which will come handy when the team auto selector comes out.
    I would not run a full team of Rank 3's though, you'll face the same issues people in the 5 Star Featured do, 5/65 SS Tier Champs, tone it down to a Rank 3 with 2 Rank 1's, the Rank 1's may struggle but the opponents will generally be easier since most have even bad champions at Rank 3.
    I already did, its really not that bad.. i seriously dont understand what the big fuzz is. Yeah sure 2.9k vs 6k pi... But they are not that hard of fights.. some of the screenshots mentioning death matches are not even death matches.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Yeah not sure who thought this was a good change but shocking to no one it is not. Just did a round in the 5* featured and it was like fighting in uncollected/cavalier. Don't wanna spend 2+ min per fight in arena. If these changes stay then the points need a big boost.
  • serv71serv71 Posts: 18
    DeadPooop said:

DeadPooop said:

Shinyuu said:

I already did, its really not that bad.. i seriously dont understand what the big fuzz is. Yeah sure 2.9k vs 6k pi... But they are not that hard of fights.. some of the screenshots mentioning death matches are not even death matches.
    lol, juste twice the time we need before... it's just not fun and a big waste of time
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    In regards to the 5* feature arena.. try to keep your team Pi over 29k.. see if that reduces the bad matchups..I don't have any suggestions for the other brackets as I wasn't paying attention while running them.. Hope that helps..
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64

The "Infinite Streak" is not a feature of the game, but rather the result of the requirements/calculations for finding matches. It is always changing and will continue to do so as more and more players have access to higher ranked Champions.

This change is not made only for those that are "in the know" about the Infinite Streak. We promised to lower the number of deathmatches, and we've done just that. This is a major improvement for all players, especially those that are new to the Arena.

And now as always we got perfect Kabam picture.
    so maybe we supposed to learn Kaam language,

No money spend - Pay more to play.
    Easy - Hard
    lower difficulty - Hard to achieve
    goal to achieve - Must spend money to achieve it

I know there is more but I give you only sample...

• VernVern Posts: 50
    edited October 2020
    Didn't read through all the comments but it does favour the lower ranked champions on being paired up with one another. 5*R4s/6*R1s matching up against 6*R3s is quite a stretch though.

Would agree that having at least 7 days of this new matching system will tell us more than the past 24h, but what metrics won't tell you is the effort it takes to grind now. From mindless grinding to more concentration needed per fight - this is what's frustrating. The average points per player in X arena will definitely be higher, seeing that the points given are much higher for this iteration of the arena, so measuring anything related to points won't do you guys any good. Perhaps compare before and afters for:

• Number of fights that ended with 1/3 or 2/3 victories
    • Time taken to complete a set of 3 fights
    • Number of lost streaks above x