**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier Difficulty EQ

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Morton said:

@Demonzfyre hello sir, I was expecting to have some fun? Is that too much to ask for? (Picture a guy wearing a cape in a Captain Morgan when reading CAVALIER) Hmm, I think all it takes is to complete the first chapter in act 6 to become CAVALIER. So my apologies for thinking that CAVALIER difficulty should cater to those who have the CAVALIER title. It's a monthly quest. It's ok to reduce the number of paths, or at least reduce the energy cost. It's not challenging at all. It's laborious and monotonous piece of content. They should rename it THRONEBREAKER difficulty, and rename uncollected CAVALIER.

PS: I wonder if dogs like to lick your nose. 💩

They have stated time and time again that the the title is the minimum to access the difficulty, and that you should not expect to complete the quest as a fresh or low even title holder. The difficulty itself is targeted towards the upper portion of that group of people, because you have to have room to grow into it, or progress.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Morton said:

@Demonzfyre hello sir, I was expecting to have some fun? Is that too much to ask for? (Picture a guy wearing a cape in a Captain Morgan when reading CAVALIER) Hmm, I think all it takes is to complete the first chapter in act 6 to become CAVALIER. So my apologies for thinking that CAVALIER difficulty should cater to those who have the CAVALIER title. It's a monthly quest. It's ok to reduce the number of paths, or at least reduce the energy cost. It's not challenging at all. It's laborious and monotonous piece of content. They should rename it THRONEBREAKER difficulty, and rename uncollected CAVALIER.

Sure and all it takes to be uncollected is to beat 5.2 but we see it all the time where new UC players struggle in UC content. The monthly EQs are a step up. You just have to have the title, there's nothing in the notes that says you have to ready for that content. In fact, they said Cav caters to endgame more than new cav players.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Morton said:

Right in the announcement it lays out what it's geared toward.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    nero8913 said:

Please kabam change Diss Track and Buffed Nodes in Cavalier difficulty not all players have the right champions for those nodes. If it’s called cavalier difficulty put some of act6 node in it not something totally different from cavalier act6

Then you shouldn’t be doing cavalier if you don’t have the right champs for those nodes.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Mikusik1 said:

CAV EQ is the most boring and the longest “short” contest Kabam created .
    For me it is one big failure as I lost , because of this content , totally motivation to play in thi game
    1) no completion rewards - why to even bother to play any difficulty? If there is no rewards to initial push??
    2) same nodes - diss track an buffed node part is super restrictive , if You will say it is for everyone You shou kick Yourself in face
    3 ) awards for explore - this is actually pretty difficult content , not the most but to compare it others , it is above average, and You are giving so poor awards for it . I am not interested in , will not play cav(****) difficulty until You will not fix it or I will never play again as I will leave the game

repeat after me, there is completion rewards, they just broke it up between chapters to make it easier to get......
    "Easier to get" is relative. They put diss track - one of the most restrictive nodes in the game, in the entirety of the second quest! Anybody without counters is completely screwed and hopeless.
    I believe he meant easier to get than putting all of the completion rewards into final completion. Since the rewards are now broken up into chapter completion rewards instead of putting the bulk of them into the event completion, those rewards are now easier to get for someone who can't complete everything. The people you're describing who are being blocked by diss track wouldn't be getting any of the completion rewards at all if those rewards were in event completion. Those players can still get completion rewards for chapter 1.

The on-map rewards have changed between this month and last month, so let's ignore those. The rewards someone would get for one single path completion of the Cavalier EQ would be, if I've calculated correctly:

1500 6* shards
    5250 5* shards
    12000 T5B fragments
    19000 T2A fragments
    9 5* sig stones

The fact that they are scattered into chapter completion rewards for the most part doesn't really change anything, they are still the collective rewards for one completion of the Cav EQ.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Mikusik1 said:

For me it is one big failure as I lost , because of this content , totally motivation to play in thi game
    1) no completion rewards - why to even bother to play any difficulty? If there is no rewards to initial push??
    2) same nodes - diss track an buffed node part is super restrictive , if You will say it is for everyone You shou kick Yourself in face
    3 ) awards for explore - this is actually pretty difficult content , not the most but to compare it others , it is above average, and You are giving so poor awards for it . I am not interested in , will not play cav(****) difficulty until You will not fix it or I will never play again as I will leave the game

repeat after me, there is completion rewards, they just broke it up between chapters to make it easier to get......
    "Easier to get" is relative. They put diss track - one of the most restrictive nodes in the game, in the entirety of the second quest! Anybody without counters is completely screwed and hopeless.
    If you don’t have a counter for diss track, Cav EQ might not be for you.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I've got numerous counters to everything cav difficulty has to offer and I ran through it like a hot knife through butter. I'd still like them to change it just for the sake of variety. If those are the global nodes every single month, it's going to get real old real fast.

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Mikusik1 said:

Read my follow-up comment, bro.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    xNig said:

Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Mikusik1 said:

Just for giggles I attempted the Stung once path with a 4/40 Archangel. Got to Loki on my first try. Pretty sure that entire path is doable with a 5/50 AA, minus Ghost Rider. I'd probably do him with Voodoo. That's one path of six Diss Track fights with two 4* champs.

Looking at the map, I'd probably be a little worried about fighting Man Thing, Nightcrawler, Dormammu, Void, Surfer, and Terrax with only 4* champs. But I'm pretty sure it is doable with enough practice runs. And at only +200% attack, it probably wouldn't burn too many potions. Diss Track might be more restrictive in Act 6, where you have the 5* gate and higher attack values to deal with, but in Cav difficulty it is more of a reasonable challenge. I would expect most if not all Cavalier players to have some mix of counters for Diss Track that included 5* options and 4* options to fill in the gap.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

xNig said:

Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Mikusik1 said:

Read my follow-up comment, bro.
    does not change the fact that you are talking about for new cavs which is not the target audience for being able to do anything , like literally stated..
  • Options
    _Reef_Reef Posts: 265

nero8913 said:

Please kabam change Diss Track and Buffed Nodes in Cavalier difficulty not all players have the right champions for those nodes. If it’s called cavalier difficulty put some of act6 node in it not something totally different from cavalier act6

If you can't beat those chapters, you aren't ready for that content. That means you have a underdeveloped roster which also means you sped your way through to get to cavalier. Most anyone who's explored act 6 or at least done 1 run through, should have enough champs. These are act 6 nodes which is what we should expect from Cavalier difficulty.

The only thing they shouldn't do, is keep repeating the same types of nodes in every Cav EQ. They need to swap it up but you not having the right champions doesn't mean they need to completely eliminate the node forever. Grow your roster.
    I agree, im cool with the difficulty the health and attack ratings, just why use disstrack multiple times, no retreat and others on my way to cavalier was hard af too, not just disstrack. I was able to do last months eq w 5r3 elsa and 5r3 bwdo instead of just my best champs.
  • Options
    PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I'm just mostly annoyed about the magik on biohazard, and the entire tranquility lane in the diss track quest.

Good thing I had AA, lmao
    Does AA shut down biohazard?
  • Options
    YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★

Morton said:

At least we get tier 2 iso and lvl 1 and 2 health pots! Cavalier difficulty is awesome!! Not only are these nodes available in act 6! Which is the best content kabam ever produced, and they didn't have to adjust it to be more player friendly overall. I love doing act 6 type content monthly!! It's so enjoyable! I'm so happy that all you need is a big roster! It's not about just having skills! It's awesome using the same specific champs over and over again to counter these awesome nodes!! The rewards are great as well! I love that they made content that isn't for everyone! I see that I have some supporters in here that agree with me! Finished it up about a week ago. I was able to get enough 6* shards to dupe my nebula for the second time!! Lucky me!!

What exactly were you expecting from Cavalier difficulty? Act 5 fights? No challenges? 12 6*'s for one path exploration?

Act 6 isn't for everyone, Abyss isn't for everyone, LoL isn't for everyone, Book 2 won't be for everyone. Cavalier difficulty was meant for the more end game players than for new Cavalier players. It wasn't ever supposed to be a walk in the park.
    i dont mind the difficulty but its so long. and its not gonna get any more fun since the nodes are just repeating every month. i really dont feel like doing the same six nodes every month.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Diabolic said:

I completely agree no matter how many disagree votes you take, and some peoples say "if you can't beat that" guys do you lack of understanding what you read? The guy isn't saying this nodes so hard I can't do it, he saying I don't have such heroes and neither do i while which heroes you pulled from crystal is completely about luck and sometimes luck is a beatch* I think he have a point so instead of this nodes put nodes isn't limiting heroes, put another nodes from act6 that require skills like life cycle or something, buffed up should be remove from game or kabam should give this heroes to everyone for me I can't pull single damn cosmic champion for 3 years!!! is that my fault?

I'm just going to hit on the last point because honestly I'm tired.

You don't need a cosmic champ for buffed up. There's many paths I cleared with a Colossus. You also don't need to use 5* champs, or 6*, your 4* roster is also available. Look there. Maybe make some synergy teams that give you extra buffs. Think a little more instead of smoothbraining with the same 5 champs.
  • Options

There's a buffed up path in 6.1.6 and there may be more I just can't remember but there's a disstrack path in 6.4 as well for sure

That buffed up Dr Strange and SS still gives me PTSD
  • Options
    Diabolic said:

I completely agree no matter how many disagree votes you take, and some peoples say "if you can't beat that" guys do you lack of understanding what you read? The guy isn't saying this nodes so hard I can't do it, he saying I don't have such heroes and neither do i while which heroes you pulled from crystal is completely about luck and sometimes luck is a beatch* I think he have a point so instead of this nodes put nodes isn't limiting heroes, put another nodes from act6 that require skills like life cycle or something, buffed up should be remove from game or kabam should give this heroes to everyone for me I can't pull single damn cosmic champion for 3 years!!! is that my fault?

if you dont have a deep roster then completing it was not intended for you, but for you to work into., also look at different classes outside the one that gets bonuses.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

There's a buffed up path in 6.1.6 and there may be more I just can't remember but there's a disstrack path in 6.4 as well for sure

Used a combo of Angela and Aegon which made it pretty easy. If you don't have one or a few select counters I'm sure he can be awful though
  • Options

Mauled said:

Used a combo of Angela and Aegon which made it pretty easy. If you don't have one or a few select counters I'm sure he can be awful though
    I didn’t have Aegon at the time. I think I used Cull in the end and hoped for good RNG on Dr Strange’s nullify and I may or may not have had connection issues every time I had bad RNG.

Awakened Angela would have been ideal but sadly that wasn’t to be.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Mauled said:

I didn’t have Aegon at the time. I think I used Cull in the end and hoped for good RNG on Dr Strange’s nullify and I may or may not have had connection issues every time I had bad RNG.

Awakened Angela would have been ideal but sadly that wasn’t to be.
    Good thing I have an Awakened Angela at rank 4 😃
  • Options
    WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    nero8913 said:

Try some 4* champions... just need to max them out. You'll be surprised with what a 4* Angela can do on this month's cavalier difficulty. Same for Mr. Fantastic.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★

Morton said:

Right in the announcement it lays out what it's geared toward.

this is wrong. they clearly announced Cavalier Diff rewaards are geared to help you R5 5*. I understand that higher rarities rewards like T5B and T5cc being there, but where are the T1A ??? 6 T1A are required to take a champ to R5. if you say that's an easy resource to obtain, and we could get them in easier difficulty content, i get it but why spend more time clearing other content? we on average already spent 8-10 hours exploring Cav difficulty. makes zero sense to me.

• Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

@Nameless_IW if you need T1Alpha there is arena, master difficulty and the glory store.
    Completion is for ranking 5 stars, exploration is for 6 stars which need no T1Alpha

so spend another hour to complete master difficulty? LOL where is the quality of life improvement there? why do you think they lowered the AQ timers? because people complain AQ was the most boring chore there ever was in the game, so they made a small adjustment but very welcoming to the timers. By exploring Cav, i expect to have all the resources to R5 a 5* IMO. specially after spending 8-10 hours doing so.