**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

First 6 star rank 3! Throne breaker!

DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Nice choice, great champ!
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    aegon would have been better
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

oh wait my bad i just saw he was a 5*

Plus what if he didn’t had a skil tier5c since he chose a different class
    Gamer said:

Moot4Life said:

how could i have been so naive
    thank you gamer for enlightening me :o
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Gamer said:

Moot4Life said:

how could i have been so naive
    thank you gamer for enlightening me :o
    Sorry if u was trying to be sarcastic I’m having hard to time to se it sometimes. But regardless Hav a great day
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    It is possible to aquire throne breaker if you do not have 1 million rating
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Sorcerer supreme is a much better choice than Aegon anyway....
    Aegon is great for a few pieces of content and that’s it. Sorcerer Supreme is great for a lot.

That is the most inaccurate thing I have read all day
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Amazing choice. @Edeuink would be jealous.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    top choice. i approve.
    DNA3000 said:

Aegon is great for a few pieces of content and that’s it. Sorcerer Supreme is great for a lot.

Maybe so, but given a choice between R3 Sorc and R3 Aegon, I would probably choose Sorc. For the most part, the increase in attack and damage for Aegon would only help him incrementally, but I think they would help SS more. Most things benefit proportionately from increases to damage and health, that's obvious. But anything that heals benefits more than proportionately from increases to health. So SS would in my opinion benefit more from the R2 to R3 rank up than Aegon would.

In fact Aegon has a slight counter-proportional benefit to increased attack, and that is it lowers his ramp up. So I suspect increasing Aegon's damage by say 15% wouldn't increase his overall kill speed by 15%, but a slightly lower number.

Why do healers benefit disproportionately from higher base health? The short answer is that if you want to kill something with healing, your damage output must first overcome the healing, and then the rest can actually lower the target's health bar. The higher base health is, the higher that healing, and the more damage you need just to keep pace. If something doesn't have healing, no matter how high you increase base health all that does is make the fight longer. But if that something has healing, at some point the healing is higher than your damage, and you cannot kill it at all (setting aside heal block and heal reverse for now). This highlights without getting into the weeds with math the way in which healing is a "non-proportional" damage mitigation effect. It doesn't make fights X% longer like, say, resistances would.
    but aegon is better though
    Moot4Life said:

DNA3000 said:

Maybe so, but given a choice between R3 Sorc and R3 Aegon, I would probably choose Sorc. For the most part, the increase in attack and damage for Aegon would only help him incrementally, but I think they would help SS more. Most things benefit proportionately from increases to damage and health, that's obvious. But anything that heals benefits more than proportionately from increases to health. So SS would in my opinion benefit more from the R2 to R3 rank up than Aegon would.

In fact Aegon has a slight counter-proportional benefit to increased attack, and that is it lowers his ramp up. So I suspect increasing Aegon's damage by say 15% wouldn't increase his overall kill speed by 15%, but a slightly lower number.

Why do healers benefit disproportionately from higher base health? The short answer is that if you want to kill something with healing, your damage output must first overcome the healing, and then the rest can actually lower the target's health bar. The higher base health is, the higher that healing, and the more damage you need just to keep pace. If something doesn't have healing, no matter how high you increase base health all that does is make the fight longer. But if that something has healing, at some point the healing is higher than your damage, and you cannot kill it at all (setting aside heal block and heal reverse for now). This highlights without getting into the weeds with math the way in which healing is a "non-proportional" damage mitigation effect. It doesn't make fights X% longer like, say, resistances would.
    Overall yes but what is the point if you have no content to use him for?

Amazing choice. @Edeuink would be jealous.

Thanks @KDSuperFlash10

Moot4Life said:

DNA3000 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/229143/not-just-a-god-of-the-abyss#latest

take a gander at this post ;)
    @da
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

DNA3000 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/229143/not-just-a-god-of-the-abyss#latest

Yes I understand where than viewpoint is established but I think many contradictory summoners are coming from the stance of having all current permanent content completed

@da

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

DNA3000 said:

Yes I understand where than viewpoint is established but I think many contradictory summoners are coming from the stance of having all current permanent content completed
    Edit: But I am certain he will be great in act 7
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    no one is going to talk about 30K units
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Congrats! I'm more impressed on your 29k units savings :o

I got thronebreaker title last Sunday, after doing abyss I r3ing my duped OR. I'm excited as well
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Moot4Life said:

DNA3000 said:

I have them both. I use SS more often. Better is for spreadsheets. Useful is for rosters.
    AATT said:

Congrats! I'm more impressed on your 29k units savings :o

I got thronebreaker title last Sunday, after doing abyss I r3ing my duped OR. I'm excited as well

Used to have near 37000 but spent them in abyss