**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Network connection issue [Merged Thread]

Comments

• BlueWarlockBlueWarlock Posts: 10

Hey there, as others have said, we've pushed an update to try to address this issue. For those who are still experiencing issues after downloading the update, could you please let us know what device model and OS version you are using, as well as what specifically you are experiencing now, if you haven't already?

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Android OS 7, latest game update.

The game continues to lock up and crash on a regular basis. This morning I saw the following:

1. Pressed to enter Alliance Quest. Game went to "Loading" screen and then promptly froze. No "network disconnect" error message or icon, music kept playing in the background, just.... froze. Had to exit and restart the game.
    2. Reentered AQ, moved through an already explored lane, reached a new fight. As soon as I selected the new enemy, the game crashed to desktop before the Select Champion screen even appeared.
    3. Restarted game, went back into AQ, reelected same fight. As soon I pressed the Fight button the game crashed to desktop AGAIN. Restarted, went back into AQ and my champion (of course) had lost half their health.

It is utterly ridiculous how unstable this game has been in this update...... and even before that, going back to the Sasquatch / 27.5 update.

Hey there, as others have said, we've pushed an update to try to address this issue. For those who are still experiencing issues after downloading the update, could you please let us know what device model and OS version you are using, as well as what specifically you are experiencing now, if you haven't already?

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Android OS 7.0, latest game update.

The game continues to lock up and crash on a regular basis, every few minutes or every few fights. This morning I saw the following:

1. Selected button to go to Alliance Quest. Game went to Loading screen, then promptly froze. No visible animation onscreen, no "network disconnect" error, no error message, just........froze. Music kept playing in the background but there was no activity at all for 5 minutes. Had to force close and restart the game.
    2. Reentered the same AQ, moved down an already-explored lane until I reached a new fight. When I selected to load the fight against a new enemy, the game crashed to desktop before the "Select Champion" screen even appeared.
    3. Restarted the game, went back into same AQ, selected to start the fight again. "Select Champion" screen appeared this time, but as soon as I tapped the "Fight" button to actually start the fight, the game crashed to desktop AGAIN. I restarted yet again, went back into AQ and (of course) my champion was down to half health.

It is utterly ridiculous how unstable this game has been since the Sasquatch / 27.5 update; however, this latest monthly update has made it literally unplayable.
  • Lakha007Lakha007 Posts: 3
    edited October 2020
    Now it's intolerable I don't know what kabam wants to do with Android users,they said bugs and internet issues will be fix after update but still it's taking 10 to 15 minute to open and sometime it's not opening...What can i do now after all my all Friends have the same issues we are missing or aq and aw and losing half health every time ...loading screen,aq,aw and general quest all have same problems.Please fix this issue it's a request...We don't want any compensation but we want a game without any bugs and other problems ...Thank You.
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 118 ★★
    Yep. I keep getting kicked out. 4 times on one Act 5 path. Just a waste of time and energy to try and play right now.
  • Mr_AaeezzMr_Aaeezz Posts: 50
    edited October 2020
    Is this happening to everyone or did kabam screw something up for my account specifically

• Mr_AaeezzMr_Aaeezz Posts: 50
    Disclaimer: I didn't use mods or hacks to cause this i played the game normally, also its not my wifi cause on other games the wifi works just fine
  • X23a70X23a70 Posts: 29
    Kabam should bring back the previous specs for the game . It's not our devices or carrier network it's the update. Every since I haven't been able to play when I log in all I see is a pink screen . I tap the screen I get audio feed back so I must be in , still I can't see anything. Just undo your "improvements" . Old game was still better .
  • NOOOBMASTERNOOOBMASTER Posts: 33
    Please make the game as it was in v27.2.0 . The new interface was good and the game also working smooth but the older Android does not support that version which i don't care about it alteast make game smooth for flagship android. After v27.2.5 update game started with network issue. And i think you merged the asian sever with European server that why sever start lagging or getting error if this not the probelm then kabam please compare your current version of encrypted game data with v27.2.0.
  • AAMAXIMUS01AAMAXIMUS01 Posts: 144

Merged a few threads together.

Can I please get more information about your devices and whether or not you're on wi-fi or data? Thank you!

Thank you @GroundedWisdom for the device info already!

Happening to me on Samsung galaxy s10 , take about 3 minutes to load in cases. Sometimes I have force close app numerous times before I can get in . Wifi i don't have no problem is using Carrier network.
    Samsung galaxy s10
    Kernel version 4.14.117
    Carrier : t-mobile
    Ha
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    edited October 2020
    FYI, for anyone who hasn’t updated to the mid-month patch 28.2.2 from around 5 days ago yet (whether because of seeing some reports of worse connection problems by others who have, or other reasons like only Cell connection on road during that time, etc).

Seems like tonight (Monday) game forces you to need that 28.2.2 mini-update now in order to get back in.

(edit, at least it was a small download update)
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    I thought the patch from several days ago fixed the load time delays, but it's slowly become clear that's not even remotely true. While it has reduced the time opening the game at the beginning, I'm constantly dealing with long load times going from content to content almost every single time. Switching between apps, even going away from the game for a few seconds, leads to waiting for the game for up to 30 seconds in reload time. This happens nonstop, every time I play the game, ever since the October update.

There have always been loading issues, but since the October, it's just been an endless frustration of delays. It really feels like they broke something big and it's far from being fixed properly.

Why play a game if it's this frustrating? And forget about ever giving any money.
  • Haloman312Haloman312 Posts: 8
    It’s unbearable after the supposed ‘maintenance’..
    in the past 1 hour I have had to fight
    1) VOID X 2 on M7, one eye open
    2) Guilly x 2
    3) Meph x 4 and he just adds more souls per disconnect
    4) Cyclops x 3 and counting.. not sure if he is dead after the latest DC

Get your **** together Kabam.. this is embarrassing.. I don’t have to spend my time and resources for your utter incompetence...
    Is anyone from Kabam still reading this thread? Are you ever going to bring the previous version that works for most players not just iPhone users and high end Android ? There are only a few days left to the month am I even going to get to play ? Are you even still trying to fix this ? All I see is purple . My previous post seem to have disappeared just like the game.
  • mixalisplaymixalisplay Posts: 50

• mixalisplaymixalisplay Posts: 50
    Out game lost connecsion
  • CaptainMarvellCaptainMarvell Posts: 42
    edited October 2020
    if you don't have android 10.0 then you may see decreased performance & crashing. this is according to Geoffrey from kabam support.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 737 ★★★
    Game is still crashing, major intermittent lag, parry works intermittently and my champ will leave a block and start running without my finger moving. I thought the maintenance was a fix but it’s still broken
  • OwlkitOwlkit Posts: 61
    I've been having the same issue with game crashing in the middle of fights. Most of the time I am able to pick the fight back up. However, during 4 star featured arena game crashed right as I was about to win the fight. After restart, it gave me the points but ended my arena run. Very frustrating.
    On top of all the previous crash issues (all of which are still occurring regularly) we've now got a new one where you get a "lost connection" error when (of all things) pressing the "Help 4" button on the Alliance screen when you've already reached 960 loyalty for the day. Occurring since yesterday's emergency maintenance.
    Just bring back the old version old spec's of the game ,the one without the issues works for everyone . You jneedlessly over complicated the game . Overtaxing the game and devices. Bring it back . Bring it back. Your new formula "coke" is really flat .
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Device and Version: Xiaomi Pocophone F1

Device Operating System: Android 10 QKQ1.190828.002

Mobile Carrier: 3 (UK)

Cellular or WiFi: Both

The game has been crashing for me in AW, Arena, and the Hades challenges. The loading times for restarting the game are also very long - a disconnection symbol keeps flashing in the lower right corner for approx 2 mins before it finally boots to the game.
  • Red00DevilRed00Devil Posts: 10

This awesome old well known feature, which was added to prevent peeps from quitting fights to start over again, can be only seen in MCOC verse and it will stay for years to come!! and guess what, no one gives a damn about losing 50% HP when quitting a fight because against hard opponents it doesn't really matter if you have 100% HP or 10%!!

My post was not about connection issue! it is about Kabam connection security policy (shocking) issue that should be dropped so the game could have a chance to survive! maybe also remove the help button??
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    This seemed to have been fixed for like 5 min after the hotfix but is definately back now. Am I the only one having atrocious load times again?
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    It's so terrible. I've been playing far less because of it. Which is maybe a good thing 🤷