**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Souls from hades invasions

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
What is everyone doing with their souls from the hades invasions limbo quests? I feel like the soul boosts are not worth it at all and I’m doing the limbo quests to get monster and hunter crystal shards so I have enough keys which makes the souls just feel like a waste. What are you guys doing with them?

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i don't use mine at all
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Raganator said:

Crcrcrc said:

I spend them on keys when I don't want to do limbo quests

Same. Limbo quests suck. As soon as I collected enough keys, I stopped doing them.
    What about the shards tho? I love farming for shards so far I've gotten a 5* and hopefully I'll get another soon.
    I’m got 3 star so decided to stop them and just buy the key so do Hav to farm souls here and there
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'm in somewhat disagreement. I don't mind running it to do the other. Each opens once every 5 days, and I found it just fine to pick and choose what Paths I wanted for Rewards. The only small thing that felt off was the Boosts that enabled you to counter it, but then required another counter. I'm fortunate enough to have a Roster to do it without them, but it's probably more limiting for others. Other than that, the difficulty and all that is just fine for me.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    pete8388 said:

The one thing I would want to change about the quest is to add a store for the souls. Since I’m not buying keys with them and mostly avoiding the boosts, it would nice to have a store to buy potions, revives, etc with all the souls going to waste

I completely agree with this. If you're running the side quest for the keys every single day. You have no use of the souls. Kinda makes it disappointing that there's nothing else we can do with them. I literally have a mass bundle of souls that I feel are just gonna vanish at the end of the event quest.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Its the soul boost store. The soul boosts aren't very helpful. I have a huge pile of lost souls that I won't be spending. Dont need to purchase the keys with them as I still run the limbo quests daily. If there was a lost souls chest in the store with a chance to pull the rewards that are in hades quests, that would be nice. Just put a limit on how many you could buy.
  • _colo_colo Posts: 50
    I look at it on the flip side. Because I don't need to buy boosts, the souls allow me to buy keys and not have to run the daily side event every day. I hate side quests that you must run every day. The addition of buying keys was a pro-player move to me.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    The only thing I’d change is to give us more options of things we can buy with souls. Just having the soul boost and keys doesn’t give us many viable options
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Limbo Quests. Could you let me know, in greater detail, what about the Limbo Quests that were particularly enjoyable or not enjoyable? This will allow me to better inform our team for future events. :)

They were fun, but the aspect of rerunning quests with almost no rewards just to do another quest was not very fun. It stretched out the side quest length by a lot. I would love if they allowed you to get 50 shards of monster hunter crystals per fight infinitely so people could actually grind them for fun. The nodes were interesting though.
    I would add to this that the rewards (GMCs) have low value for most veteran players. While I have pulled 3 5*’s from them (VPX2 and Venom), none were new champs and most were 3*’s.

If it’s too rich to include a Cav crystal option for more shards, then I would suggest adding a rare 1*/2* option purchasable with the Monster/Hunter shards.

Dr. Zola
    Hmm, but aren‘t there rare 2* included in the Premium Crystal version of the Monster/Hunter Crystals? Newer Champs like Tigra and others which I doubt are regular 2* ... correct me if I’m wrong.

And I wish I would pull any 5* or 4* (for ISO) from these Crystals ... would be much better than the same 3* always.
  • At the end of month, any leftover Lost Souls and Keys (might have to convert Lost Souls into keys to do) can be used to purchase low-level crystals of some sort (not as good as the Monster Shards for Monster crystals).

Not visible right now, because doesn’t become available until I think the day that running the quests ends.
  • SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    The two step process to this month's side quest is a little much. The difficulty on the Limbo quest is fine but the fact that it cost me energy to play so I can open the quest that has the rewards is annoying.

Both quests are not very engaging for the time they take. Other than Doom the Lengendary bosses in the second quest have been a bit much. The fights just take too long for a side quest. Not sure if that is constructive enough feedback or not but that is my 2 cents.
  • GoufyGoufy Posts: 23
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Limbo Quests. Could you let me know, in greater detail, what about the Limbo Quests that were particularly enjoyable or not enjoyable? This will allow me to better inform our team for future events. :)

Well lets see I'm one of those that are currently stuck in that range of just strong enough to clear act 4 but not strong enough for act 5. I have several r5 4 stars and 7 5 stars highest rank r3 so most my heros max at under 6k. The issue is with this months quest is the same that is wrong system wide. Their is absolutely no real rewards geared towards what those of us stuck in this limbo unless purchased from the glory store or with cash.

And then the player comes to a point where we get absolutely forced to either get these ridiculous cores that cost 550 credits a piece to unlock masteries that makes you have to be just another clone of every other player. Why because their the only way to do any real damage to the half the map for the rewards you need to advance. Theirs all sorts of focus on this cast system you created if you are cavalier and uncollected. They get rewards geared towards them and other elite items and events.

However you beat Act 4 you're stuck out in this no man's land fighting something near your best teams rate constantly keeps getting rewards specifically geared towards mainly 3-star characters. To get something that helps in the direction of the transition you either have to run some event to 100% or face things that clearly out class you every step of the way. And look I get it I understand that this caste hierarchy that you have went and created has to be upheld to make the elites feel better.

But come straight out and say hey if you dont have this title you cant play this mode of content and gear the rewards and the challenge rates. Towards what the average player needs for their teams with in that title and what they can handel because a r3 5 star has anywhere from 10 to 17k hp and average attack around 1100 to 1700 attack. And the computer opponents 25k + hp average and base attack of 3k up to 7k their is no balance. So the margin of successfully obtaining something to help advance is marginally low unless you plan on spending a buku amount of credits and if you don't have them you're SOL. Or even better break out the credit card and expect to spend $30 to clear this content. Try to say that I'm not telling the truth on any of that the average uncollected player will tell you they spent 1500 credits to pass a certain part of a act.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Goufy said:

Kabam Boo said:

Well lets see I'm one of those that are currently stuck in that range of just strong enough to clear act 4 but not strong enough for act 5. I have several r5 4 stars and 7 5 stars highest rank r3 so most my heros max at under 6k. The issue is with this months quest is the same that is wrong system wide. Their is absolutely no real rewards geared towards what those of us stuck in this limbo unless purchased from the glory store or with cash.

And then the player comes to a point where we get absolutely forced to either get these ridiculous cores that cost 550 credits a piece to unlock masteries that makes you have to be just another clone of every other player. Why because their the only way to do any real damage to the half the map for the rewards you need to advance. Theirs all sorts of focus on this cast system you created if you are cavalier and uncollected. They get rewards geared towards them and other elite items and events.

However you beat Act 4 you're stuck out in this no man's land fighting something near your best teams rate constantly keeps getting rewards specifically geared towards mainly 3-star characters. To get something that helps in the direction of the transition you either have to run some event to 100% or face things that clearly out class you every step of the way. And look I get it I understand that this caste hierarchy that you have went and created has to be upheld to make the elites feel better.

But come straight out and say hey if you dont have this title you cant play this mode of content and gear the rewards and the challenge rates. Towards what the average player needs for their teams with in that title and what they can handel because a r3 5 star has anywhere from 10 to 17k hp and average attack around 1100 to 1700 attack. And the computer opponents 25k + hp average and base attack of 3k up to 7k their is no balance. So the margin of successfully obtaining something to help advance is marginally low unless you plan on spending a buku amount of credits and if you don't have them you're SOL. Or even better break out the credit card and expect to spend $30 to clear this content. Try to say that I'm not telling the truth on any of that the average uncollected player will tell you they spent 1500 credits to pass a certain part of a act.
    I don't think you understood the question
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Goufy said:

Kabam Boo said:

sounds like you are doing content way out of your league, you are not going to be getting into those values unless that is the case. Things are based on your progression, and stop expecting the top tier rewards. But this post is solely about this months side event, not your personal struggles, which we have all been at.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

To add to what people have already said, I also don’t like that they cost energy, which is precious to me at this point
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

I don’t necessarily have any issues with the quests themselves as I’ve been taking it easier this month so I’ve had time to run all the levels of the limbo quests each day and will be running all levels of the main side quest too.

My hope would be to be able to use the souls toward something else other than the boosts and keys. The boosts to me didn’t seem like much of a useful buy, as I at least have counters for the paths in the main side quest. I probably would have recommended a store feature for small amounts of resources to trade the souls in (other than boosts and keys). I would gladly trade those in for some shards of something, just as a way to get some more iso. Doesn’t even need to be huge increments, but at least something small to at least feel like they aren’t just sitting wasted.
  • WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

For the Limbo quests, most players do not enjoy daily quests that cost energy. Particularly if there are four quests. Grandmaster shards are not an exciting reward for the grind.

Hades invasions were not enjoyable because of the heal block node. Punishing suicide users specifically to the point of aggravation. The soul boosts were typically more of an obstacle than a help.

Comparing Mutant Treasure island to this month is apples and oranges. Mutant Island had better rewards, less energy, and fights were enjoyable. I don't think we expect every month to be as good as mutant treasure island but this month has been dreadful in comparison.