**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sensible Rank 2, 6-Star Options! - My Own Opinion

Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Going to quickly note that this is my personal opinion and you don't have to like the same Champions that I do or dislike the Champions that I dislike. Just tell me your opinion on a certain Champion that makes you think it's worthy of rank 2 as a 6-Star!
I also hope that the image below isn't too big and blurry OR too small and not visible, crossing my fingers though!

I know what some of you are thinking. Why has he said that he wouldn't rank 2 Emma Frost, Ice Man or Elsa? And why has he said he would rank 2 Phoenix, Guillotine, Storm, Doctor Octopus and Old Man Logan??

Well it's simple really? I don't really like Emma Frost or Elsa, and Ice Man isn't needed as a 6-Star if you have a 5-Star maxed out.
ALSO, Phoenix is fun to play with, Guillotine has some really nice damage, Storm has always been one of my favorite X-Men and i don't think Kabam failed as badly with her as everyone might think, Doctor Octopus is so much fun to play with in general questing like EQ and sometime even AQ. Ah and Yes, Old Man Logan, well Old Man Logan is very solid with his damage, regen and his unblockable sp1.

Tell me who you think i'm wrong about and why!
Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★
    Why is namor there and with a blank star?
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    Man-thing is the mystic equivalent of Korg.. so he can be annoying to fight in AW.. his hp is pretty beefy, if his attack was slightly higher he would be a good mystic.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    There is a lot on this list I disagree with.

I have Elsa @ R3 and she’s fantastic.

At R2 I also have Mr Fantastic, IMIW with zero regrets.

And agree with above, Emma & KM definitely worth it. You could almost make the arguement for Sabretooth and NightTrasher too (he’s really good for map 7). Ive even seen quite a few R3 king groots recently.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'd say I disagree on about a 40%-50% scale.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Monke said:

Cull
    IMIW
    IW
    Killmonger
    Korg
    Luke
    Mr F
    Mysterio
    Nebula
    Night Thrasher
    P2099
    Proxima
    Ronin
    Shulk
    Silver
    Gwen
    Taskmaster
    Aarkus
    Wasp
    X-23

Are all champs I'd take up if I had the abilities to

Why would you take Korg to rank 2? Geniunely curious here. Also TM kinda needs his dupe, and NT as well really needs his dupe. The rest I agree with
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    The only I strongly disagree with is wasp. But that’s because I play ghost and run wasp for synergies. But because of that I love wasp herself too
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    most of this just depends on ur own roster, there are a lot that are worth rank up no matter what but for a lot of the cases it just depends on the person. there is no fixed list of r2 options.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    But...but nova
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    Cull IMIW are easy r2 worthy, and Falcon and Gambit will probably be.
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    Monke said:

Cull
    IMIW
    IW
    Killmonger
    Korg
    Luke
    Mr F
    Mysterio
    Nebula
    Night Thrasher
    P2099
    Proxima
    Ronin
    Shulk
    Silver
    Gwen
    Taskmaster
    Aarkus
    Wasp
    X-23

100% your opinion and to be honest, i'd take up a few of them too :)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Punisher 2099 and Psylocke are both worth r3, let alone r2. So is Ronin. In fact, you have a lot of really solid champs marked as not worth r2.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Has anyone made an r3 list? That would be interesting to me.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Monke said:

FRITO_Man said:

Monke said:

Cull
    IMIW
    IW
    Killmonger
    Korg
    Luke
    Mr F
    Mysterio
    Nebula
    Night Thrasher
    P2099
    Proxima
    Ronin
    Shulk
    Silver
    Gwen
    Taskmaster
    Aarkus
    Wasp
    X-23

Why would you take Korg to rank 2? Geniunely curious here. Also TM kinda needs his dupe, and NT as well really needs his dupe. The rest I agree with
    if ya dupe em, then the answer is clear. rank em up! ofc some on my list were options if I didn't have a Doom or Ghost, I'd be happy to go with them.

For Korg, his damage output is really nice, just get an sp3, and start smashing. He's an autoblock counter since his unblockable last for a long enough time. He's not the flashiest champ, but he can put in work. I would mainly rank up for defense tho
    I see. But again, Korg really needs to be duped for that defense and even then unless you are playing pretty high tier war he doesn't deserve the r2 for defense. For attack, maybe if you really like him but I hate how he needs his synergies for the stacked armor break and his kit only offers a really small armor break for his damage
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I'd completely understand if someone took;

Annihilus
    Cable
    Carnage
    Cull
    Elsa
    Emma
    Hela
    Gladiator Hulk
    Iceman
    Invisible woman
    Iron man IW
    Killmonger
    King Groot
    Luke Cage
    Mags marvel now
    Massacre
    Mr. Fantastic
    Mysterio
    Night thrasher
    Punisher 2099
    Ronin
    Sabretooth
    She hulk
    Silver surfer
    Spidergwen
    Task master
    Vision Aarkus
    Wasp

to rank 2 as a six star. Materials to take champs up to rank 2 aren't even particularly rare anymore. Lot's of people have 12+ rank 5 five stars or rank 2 six stars. As long as a champ has solid uses and is fun to play they are a sensible rank 2 option as a six star.
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    everyone is entitled to their opinion

• NiceeeeNiceeee Posts: 125 ★★
    edited October 2020
    Ronin isn't worth ranking up? Are you kidding me?

You should read this: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1475134#Comment_1475134
  • IWCIWC Posts: 104 ★★
    Man, you deserve a LOL at the very least for all the effort that you placed into doing up this chart.

So a LOL it is.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I almost entirely agree with the chart. I would say Elsa, Killmonger, OG Vision and Sabretooth all deserve R2 (I would actually R3 all of them, already did Elsa and ST is next).

Storm and Star-Lord are outdated and I'd leave at R1 though, they have almost no utility besides damage and are totally outclassed by many of the newer champs.

Nice list!
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    Cull IMIW are easy r2 worthy, and Falcon and Gambit will probably be.