Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Someone brought up to me that Ghost isn't immune to anything.

2»

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Someone brought up to me that ghost isn't Immune to any debuffs. I strongly disagreed.
    Ghost created the term Pseudo-immune?
    You can dash back before any tick of damage from a debuff. Their argument was that Hyperion is Poison immune and Ghost had no immunities.
    I just want to know what you guys think. Is ghost immune or not?

This is a rage post.
    When she's inflicted with bleed or poison before phasing, does she take damage? Yes.

Not immune.
    So Emma Frost not immune?

Ghost is immune, while phased.
    @CoatHang3r Emma is not immune and neither is Ghost. Is Corvus immune to Bleed and Shock with glaive charges? No, he doesn't take damage. Ghost can take damage from debuffs. She just converts the debuff into fury while phasing. That's not an immunity. Emma reduces debuff application while in diamond form. Thats not an immunity, If you think that is then Blade with 3 bars of power is also immune to DoT effects.
    Check you out trying to write the rules of the Contest in contradiction to the the Devs and their descriptions of these abilities.

Read Emma’s spotlight, they’re immunities. Look at The call out for Ghost when a DoT is applied while phasing Immune. Sorry but no, just no, you’re not the arbiter of the contest.

Corvus is not immune, he doesn’t take damage from specific debuffs, they’re still applied. Being that you’re trying to equate Blade’s debuff duration reduction to any of this makes me think you should see a doctor ASAP as you may have suffered some sort of brain trauma.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Honestly who cares? Immunity has various definitions ranging from things like "protected from, resistant too or exempt from". The same apply here based on how a character can handle DoT as it's not a one size fits all definition. In some cases they are 💯 exempt from a debuff at all times, in some cases not exempt or reduced if the debuff is passive, in some cases they have increased protection but not fully exempt, etc. Potatoe, potato. Does the champ do what you want/expect? If so, does it matter what you or someone else calls it? Don't use her then if you've been persuaded by this nonsensical debate. I for one, don't care as long as she ain't broken.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,086 ★★★★★

Someone brought up to me that ghost isn't Immune to any debuffs. I strongly disagreed.
    You can dash back before any tick of damage from a debuff. Their argument was that Hyperion is Poison immune and Ghost had no immunities.

This is a rage post.
    When she's inflicted with bleed or poison before phasing, does she take damage? Yes.

Not immune.

@CoatHang3r Emma is not immune and neither is Ghost. Is Corvus immune to Bleed and Shock with glaive charges? No, he doesn't take damage. Ghost can take damage from debuffs. She just converts the debuff into fury while phasing. That's not an immunity. Emma reduces debuff application while in diamond form. Thats not an immunity, If you think that is then Blade with 3 bars of power is also immune to DoT effects.
    Check you out trying to write the rules of the Contest in contradiction to the the Devs and their descriptions of these abilities.

Read Emma’s spotlight, they’re immunities. Look at The call out for Ghost when a DoT is applied while phasing Immune. Sorry but no, just no, you’re not the arbiter of the contest.

Corvus is not immune, he doesn’t take damage from specific debuffs, they’re still applied. Being that you’re trying to equate Blade’s debuff duration reduction to any of this makes me think you should see a doctor ASAP as you may have suffered some sort of brain trauma.
    Can Ghost bleed or be poisoned when not phasing? Yes. Not immune.
    Can Emma have any and all debuffs applied when not in diamond form? Yes. Not immune.

You can't just say Emma is immune without saying she has to in diamond form. Same with Ghost. They are immune only when meeting certain criteria.

People already have a hard enough time reading ability sheets or not paying attention to them period. Hell, I've missed a few things myself here and there. You can't just say they're immune. Most people on here will take that literally and die with ghost not fully realizing she's only immune/purify/shrugs (whatever you want to call it) off debuffs while phasing. Omega is poison immune. He will never be able to have the poison debuff applied. That's true immunity. That's the whole basis of this thread. Is Ghost immune? No, not 100%.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

This is a rage post.

Not immune.

Can Emma have any and all debuffs applied when not in diamond form? Yes. Not immune.

You can't just say Emma is immune without saying she has to in diamond form. Same with Ghost. They are immune only when meeting certain criteria.

People already have a hard enough time reading ability sheets or not paying attention to them period. Hell, I've missed a few things myself here and there. You can't just say they're immune. Most people on here will take that literally and die with ghost not fully realizing she's only immune/purify/shrugs (whatever you want to call it) off debuffs while phasing. Omega is poison immune. He will never be able to have the poison debuff applied. That's true immunity. That's the whole basis of this thread. Is Ghost immune? No, not 100%.
    they are immune though because they make the debuff go away and it says immune
  • Options
    Like I first said Ghost is immune, while phased. Why are you admitting she is immune while still arguing against it?
  • Options

Like I first said Ghost is immune, while phased. Why are you admitting she is immune while still arguing against it?

The whole basis of this thread is if she's immune. She is and she isn't. I said it already, she can't have debuffs applied while phasing. I agree with you on that and I'm not arguing against that. Read what I actually said. You can't just tell people, especially on here, that's shes immune and leave it like that. She's only immune while phased. She can bleed, be poisoned, or any other DoT when she's not phased so she doesn't have total immunity. That's my point, that's what I'm trying to get across.

Newer players who aren't understanding the game mechanic's will only see "ghost is immune" and then die not knowing how to use her. You can't say Ghost is 100% immune because she isn't.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Looks like Kabam are lying to the palyer base by saying Emma is immune. @Demonzfyre quick. Bring out your moral compass and call the company out for Lying to the community and saying Emma is immune while she clearly is not

Edit: GOOD GOD! WTF are you even trying to do?

"While in diamond form". Is she always in diamond form? No. K thanks. Bye.
  • Options
    Moot4Life said:

This is a rage post.

Not immune.

they are immune though because they make the debuff go away and it says immune
    Jesus. Did you skip over where is said what you just said?
  • Options

The whole basis of this thread is if she's immune. She is and she isn't. I said it already, she can't have debuffs applied while phasing. I agree with you on that and I'm not arguing against that. Read what I actually said. You can't just tell people, especially on here, that's shes immune and leave it like that. She's only immune while phased. She can bleed, be poisoned, or any other DoT when she's not phased so she doesn't have total immunity. That's my point, that's what I'm trying to get across.

Newer players who aren't understanding the game mechanic's will only see "ghost is immune" and then die not knowing how to use her. You can't say Ghost is 100% immune because she isn't.
    Read what I said (which you tried to argue against and continue to argue against by repeatedly misrepresenting me) Ghost is Immune, while phased.

Keep digging that hole.
  • Options

Read what I said (which you tried to argue against and continue to argue against by repeatedly misrepresenting me) Ghost is Immune, while phased.

Keep digging that hole.
    God damnit how many times are you going to keep repeating this. I AGREED WITH YOU. I literally said that in the post you quoted. I'm not arguing against you saying she's immune WHILE PHASED BECAUSE I ALREADY SAID THAT BEFORE YOU IN THIS THREAD.

All I am saying is don't leave it at "she's immune".
  • Options

Keep digging that hole.
    God damnit how many times are you going to keep repeating this. I AGREED WITH YOU. I literally said that in the post you quoted. I'm not arguing against you saying she's immune WHILE PHASED BECAUSE I ALREADY SAID THAT BEFORE YOU IN THIS THREAD.

No you don’t because you are continuing to imply that saying “ghost is immune, while phased” is going to confuse players because she is not always immune. The statement shows when she is immune. It’s a red herring you keep throwing at me in response to try and save face. AND YOU’RE DOING IT AGAIN IN RESPONSE. That hole must be getting near the Earth’s core by now.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Keep digging that hole.

No you don’t because you are continuing to imply that saying “ghost is immune, while phased” is going to confuse players because she is not always immune. The statement shows when she is immune. It’s a red herring you keep throwing at me in response to try and save face. AND YOU’RE DOING IT AGAIN IN RESPONSE. That hole must be getting near the Earth’s core by now.
    Sigh... You.. I..... F ck it. It's not worth it anymore. Later.
  • Options

Keep digging that hole.

At least we got halfway there by you admitting they are immunities after saying they’re not.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Keep digging that hole.

What a coincidence. Thats is exactly how everyone feels after you comment on a thread
    👍
  • Options

Keep digging that hole.

At least we got halfway there by you admitting they are immunities after saying they’re not.
    What ever makes you warm and fuzzy inside.
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    The op just wanted to see how much free time everyone had on them and well, looks like it's a fair lot.
  • Options
    BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    I hate Ghost and y'all can have mine.
  • Options
    BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    I have a 6*
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    In some fights the system treats certain effects that are applied on ghost as an immunity unjustly
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,703 Guardian

This is a rage post.

Not immune.

Actually, Blade reduces the duration of debuffs. With three bars of power he can reduce most debuffs to so short a time you don't notice, but he isn't immune to those effects. Immunity in this game means the effect doesn't even trigger on the champ. Emma in diamond form has true immunity to the effects listed in her description. She doesn't just reduce them, those effects do not take effect on Emma at all. They fail to trigger.

You can reduce the magnitude or duration of an effect, or you can be immune. Reduction is what Blade does, and it is what Corvus does (which is how he can heal via willpower: the effect is there, but the damage is attenuated to zero). Emma is immune. That immunity is conditional on diamond form, but that's still canonical immunity.

I don't believe Ghost is actually immune while phasing, unless she has the Hood synergy. Normally, you can't hit her when she is phased and any DoT that was there in the first place get removed, so this isn't easy to tell. But I suppose there are theoretical tests you could do to determine if Ghost was actually immune while phasing. I suspect they would say she is not. Ghost has ways to avoid taking damage, but those ways are not immunity as such.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

This is a rage post.

Not immune.

Actually, Blade reduces the duration of debuffs. With three bars of power he can reduce most debuffs to so short a time you don't notice, but he isn't immune to those effects. Immunity in this game means the effect doesn't even trigger on the champ. Emma in diamond form has true immunity to the effects listed in her description. She doesn't just reduce them, those effects do not take effect on Emma at all. They fail to trigger.

You can reduce the magnitude or duration of an effect, or you can be immune. Reduction is what Blade does, and it is what Corvus does (which is how he can heal via willpower: the effect is there, but the damage is attenuated to zero). Emma is immune. That immunity is conditional on diamond form, but that's still canonical immunity.

I don't believe Ghost is actually immune while phasing, unless she has the Hood synergy. Normally, you can't hit her when she is phased and any DoT that was there in the first place get removed, so this isn't easy to tell. But I suppose there are theoretical tests you could do to determine if Ghost was actually immune while phasing. I suspect they would say she is not. Ghost has ways to avoid taking damage, but those ways are not immunity as such.
    I accept full responsibility for the Blade comment. I was just frustrated and typed the wrong thing. At 3 bars of power he has 90% reduction. 100% my fault on that. I didn't even realize I put that until you said that.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,703 Guardian
    HI_guys said:

DNA3000 said:

This is a rage post.

Not immune.

Haven't you figured it out yet? Demonzfyre knows that Emma is immune. He is only saying what he says so that newbies will not see this thread and assume that Emma is immune at all times to all debuffs. Same for Ghost.

As for your last statement I can confirm that prior to this month BWCV gains her immunity charges if Ghost were to phase debuffs as well as when she throws sp1 while ghost is phasing
    My recollection is that Ghost's behavior when removing buffs with phase was recently changed, but I don't remember the precise details. The gist of it that I recall was that phase was causing side effects as if Ghost was nullifying buffs rather than simply causing them to disappear as if they were never there - aka something like immunity. So I'm not actually 100% sure what's happening under the hood so to speak, that the devs had to change the behavior into what they intended, when it wasn't originally doing so. So this might be a little more complicated than it appears on the surface, at least to my mind.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

You do not need to hit her to trigger a debuff on her thus showing she is immune to dot debuffs while phased.

This first gif shows BWCV attempting to apply Bleed Debuffs with her special 1 to a phased Ghost, if those bleeds applied in any form they would trigger the deep wounds mastery yet they do not and instead Ghost registers an Immune callout.

This is Ghost on a caltrops path where dashing backwards applies a Bleed Debuff. Again the debuff does not apply while the immune callout registers instead.