**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Passive opponents in arena

RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
For real, anyone else having the same problem? They barely throw any special except for SP3.
Opponents should be at least as aggressive as quest opponents but for the Platinumpool arena they only
-Charge heavies
-Walk to you when you swipe left
-Block (often)

I feel like eating a SP3 because it takes so long to wait for them to release their special...
(Ofc I'm only at streak 2 rn but that won't be possible anymore soon...)

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The other side of that is when it's too amped up. I can't recall if it was the Trove, or 5* Featured I was in, but it was way too jacked up, on top of the knee-jerk responsiveness. It's difficult to find a happy medium. Personally, I'd rather it be too passive than frantic on a long Grind.
  • Oh yeah, the AI in the platinum arena are being Uber passive
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    To be totally honest, the variation in AI is the single-most issue I have with the game overall. If there was such a thing, I'd keep it in the middle and leave it. The more it varies, the more problems occur with varying devices.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Yes, it seems that the AI for this round of arena has somehow reverted back to the original AI that Kabam made efforts to change recently. Please bring the updated AI back ASAP!
  • Jgoody723Jgoody723 Posts: 32
    Having the same issue. Passive ai in all arenas again. Just one of the many issues I’ve had this month.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited October 2020

Passive like they used to be yeah, simple enough tho. Would of liked to see more milestones than just 5mil, already got the plat fella, so regular 5* featured for me now. I'd expect 20mil (ish) for 10-300 as I'd imagine a lot of people who can put up big arena scores already have him too but that exclusive orange title for the top 10 will probably see some big numbers thrown at it
  • Odachi said:

Passive like they used to be yeah, simple enough tho. Would of liked to see more milestones than just 5mil, already got the plat fella, so regular 5* featured for me now. I'd expect 20mil (ish) for 10-300 as I'd imagine a lot of people who can put up big arena scores already have him too but that exclusive orange title for the top 10 will probably see some big numbers thrown at it

What the....
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

YoU oNlY nEeDeD 33 rOuNdS?!
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Oh ok i thought it was just me. I lost 2 fights due to them not throwing specials and I just got impatient. The old AI is back for the platinum pool arena for sure.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Odachi said:

YoU oNlY nEeDeD 33 rOuNdS?!
    Supreme solo crystals are sweet

• moneymike129moneymike129 Posts: 15
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on, but AI is not dashing in at all (probably to avoid parry), but then has superhuman response times when I launch an attack. It's just a passive AI waiting to counter me and smash sp3. This is not fun.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    yep the AI is super stupid again
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    The passive AI is super annoying. Just holding on to their specials forever. Hate it!
  • It's unfortunate that everyone freaked out when they made the prior changes. If only they stuck with them. I was LOVING the aggressive Ai. It reacted to you. This Ai just stands there for half the fight taking hits to the face. The other half is split between blocking and idle trotting across the screen. This is worse than before. Bleh...

No "Death Matches" as of yet, but did have to start my streak over when getting lineup with Hyperion and Aarkus and having 0 power control or immunity. It was Hyperion standing there looking all smug with his arms crossed until at S3. Aarkus doing his lil "put your dukes up" routine until at S3 while chewing my health bar in between with Coldsnap. Aggression is FAR more manageable. Passive just gets tiresome. Especially with wild power gain in play.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Ya this arena is really irritating to grind with this AI.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    I've just reached 200,000 points and still opponent barely throws SPs(except of 3)....all the time blocking...if u go for heavy....u get comboed into OBLIVION!!
  • InfiniteAbe17InfiniteAbe17 Posts: 165
    i'm at like 800k points and used all my high champs, i have one r5 5* and 2 6* champs so ill be struggling to finish this arena
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    How may days are there for this arena
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★

How may days are there for this arena

Only 3
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Even past streak 20, the AI is still the same, smh.
  • My biggest issue is the game crashing mid fight. I’m used to the AI being passive 😂 as long as I can tank and sp3 I ignore it tbh
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    On top of all this they try as hard as they can to parry you.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    It's weird, because lately we had the best of both worlds, the old calculations for the streaks coupled with the better aggressive AI. Seems like they reverted back to the old one for this arena only, probably by mistake with all the changes that took place at the start of the month. Still, going in blind trying not to lose my streak (it's my first 5* style arena) isn't a good time :D