Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Help me choose T_T

CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 β˜…β˜…
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I'm torn between hype or corvus. I don't run suicides and I'm pushing for cavalier before cyber monday. This will be my first r5/r2, so I gotta make it count. Please explain why in the comments tysm.

Help me choose T_T 73 votes

r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
60%
Noodes_nameplasAb_Samad16wegnerkHammerbro_64Moot4LifeLmaoThe_Blue_JaguarQacobKill_GreyKaratemike415EtjamaNo_oneukIron_Patriot_is_litThicco_ModeWallison099BonzodavidDretllePastorAmericaMasterpuff 44 votes
r2 unawakened 6* Corvus
39%
ege999menrockray2016HendrossAanthoTheHoodedDormammuDaphboyScopeotoe987wilibearAkkarin23spigwenderKRANκ“˜TotalMonster109Ewell65SSS69BabyMiikeFiiNCHTheInfintyFlashSpideyValBr111JohnyBoyCharlie21540 29 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Since you don't run suicides, I'd say Hype is the better option. Especially since you're going for Cav, Hype is an amazing choice for that Crossbones now.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Prolly Hype just because you don't have to manage charges like you would with Corvus (sans attack masteries he's more likely to use up his charges). I have Hype at 5/65 and 6s Corvus unawakened at rank 2. Corvus is a beast though, so not sure you have a wrong choice here.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Undoubtedly.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion

"This will be my first r5/r2"

You should really have a very diverse maxed 5-Star roster before using extra T5B on 6-Stars, IMO.

Plus, if you don't run suicides, Corvus won't be as useful to you as Hyperion will be.

How many 5/65 do would you set as a reasonable mark before someone should move on the 6* rank-ups in your opinion? @Karatemike415

I was thinking on getting 12 rank 5's first.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kill_Grey said:

You should really have a very diverse maxed 5-Star roster before using extra T5B on 6-Stars, IMO.

Plus, if you don't run suicides, Corvus won't be as useful to you as Hyperion will be.

How many 5/65 do would you set as a reasonable mark before someone should move on the 6* rank-ups in your opinion? @Karatemike415

Me who only has 3: Oop
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol
    I got two before my first r2 lol. it was a ghost so it was an exception
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol
    *Laughs in 12 with less variants explored*

I think I had 4 R5's before I R2'd my Claire, but she was the obvious choice. Plus, I've never had a problem with getting T5B (hence all the R5's).
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey 12 sounds like a decent number for sure, especially today. T5B is more available now than it used to be.

Obviously, if you pull a 6 Star Doom - I'm not going to sit here and tell you not to bring that cheat code up to rank 2 haha.

But in general, it's more important to make sure your roster is well rounded & able to counter anything you come across before moving onto more expensive rank ups.

I believe I had around 20 Rank 5's before I brought my first 6 Star to Rank 2.
  • Options
    CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 β˜…β˜…

Ok hype it is then. My roster is pretty suicide friendly, but I don't have enough mastery pts cause I still haven't explored act 4 yet (it's so boring).
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

I think I had 4 R5's before I R2'd my Claire, but she was the obvious choice. Plus, I've never had a problem with getting T5B (hence all the R5's).
    Bro, I have like 6 tier 5 basics πŸ˜‚
    Plus a 4-5 tech gem. But I'm being conservative with my rank-ups, and got tier 2 alpha and iso as roadblocks. Could use the gem on hulkbuster, but I'm still chilling for guardian.

By the way, you're in a bigger alliance y'know, and I basically just started playing this year (at least half of it). πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion

Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey 12 sounds like a decent number for sure, especially today. T5B is more available now than it used to be.

Obviously, if you pull a 6 Star Doom - I'm not going to sit here and tell you not to bring that cheat code up to rank 2 haha.

But in general, it's more important to make sure your roster is well rounded & able to counter anything you come across before moving onto more expensive rank ups.

I believe I had around 20 Rank 5's before I brought my first 6 Star to Rank 2.
    Thanks for the tip, man!

PS, my 6*s are trash. All 11 except Elsa. I was about to take her up, but then I got Nick Fury as a 5*, and decided he was gonna do more for me. I still have the 6* gem from act 6 completion, but I'm saving that for when I would want to rank 3 someone (a cool tip I learnt around here).
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

Plus a 4-5 tech gem. But I'm being conservative with my rank-ups, and got tier 2 alpha and iso as roadblocks. Could use the gem on hulkbuster, but I'm still chilling for guardian.

By the way, you're in a bigger alliance y'know, and I basically just started playing this year (at least half of it). πŸ˜‚
    Woah there buddy, I've got a 6* R2 gem I haven't used. And don't let the old forum account fool you, I've taken several long breaks from this game and only started playing seriously when Covid started. And I only joined my latest ally this war season where we purposely tanked. πŸ˜‚

I feel you on iso though. I haven't had much of a problem with T2A, but it takes me like a month to get the iso to level up a R5.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

Woah there buddy, I've got a 6* R2 gem I haven't used. And don't let the old forum account fool you, I've taken several long breaks from this game and only started playing seriously when Covid started. And I only joined my latest ally this war season where we purposely tanked. πŸ˜‚

I feel you on iso though. I haven't had much of a problem with T2A, but it takes me like a month to get the iso to level up a R5.
    Lol, me too on the breaks.

How many rank 4 5* you got?
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

8 R4's with 3 gems I'm saving, and I also have 6 leveled up 6*s (again, not freakin iso).
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I didnt like that you had more than me so I just went and r5 my magneto even though I have no iso. So bam, now we're equal punk.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

8 R4's with 3 gems I'm saving, and I also have 6 leveled up 6*s (again, not freakin iso).
    Me: *cries in only about 5 rank 4's, and like 10 fricking gems I can't use cuz of lack of iso* πŸ˜“
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180 β˜…
    r2 unawakened 6* Corvus
    Persistent cruelty, don’t run through path with nullify, and it should all be good. Find a path with champs that get you the cruelties
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Qacob said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I didnt like that you had more than me so I just went and r5 my magneto even though I have no iso. So bam, now we're equal punk.
    If it's a rivalry you want them it's one I shall give you @Qacob
    Unfortunately for you I have 1 rank 4 to 5 science gem and 3 tier 5 basic
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

If it's a rivalry you want them it's one I shall give you @Qacob
    Unfortunately for you I have 1 rank 4 to 5 science gem and 3 tier 5 basic
    Somewhat less unfortunately for me I also have a rank 4-5 science gem, 1 t5b and 15k glory
  • Options
    Cries in 170 glory
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Without suicides Hyperion is significantly better in my experience
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

ik this wasn't directed to me but for some reason i have more r5s than r4s.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

ik this wasn't directed to me but for some reason i have more r5s than r4s.
    Me too
    Like double the amount ☹️