**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

preventing accidental in game purchases

So I made an accidental purchase by clicking on a rank up package deal while I was in the midst of ranking up a champion. I spent 320 units. This is quite annoying and avoidable. To the developers: don't insert these rank up package offers while we are ranking up champs - it is very easy to click on it by mistake as we are often in a hurry to rank up (as it is such a tedious process). If you do, you can do other things to prevent someone from accidentally hitting the "buy" button by placing it somewhere other than the lower right corner of the screen or place a pop-up informing the player that they are about to make an in game purchase before it is finalized and require them to press the button again to finalize it.
This has happened to me about 3-4 times over the years and it is a complete waste of time and entirely preventable. It also saves the support staff from having to process all these refunds.

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Happened to me and it’s a hassle to get your units back because of kabams tos ,..but they will do this. I accidentally purchased the 3* rank up bundle. I offered a idea for a option to ( never see this offer again tab) ,..which would make sense for summoners further in progression in the game.
    Haven’t seen any changes yet though.
  • DMnstrDMnstr Posts: 14
    Agree. I am sure that they are having to process thousands of these accidental purchases and wasting a lot of players and support staff's time. In the end doing this saves them money and saves us time.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    I've made that mistake before, when it happened I made sure not to touch any of the items I accidently purchased and turned in a help ticket and kabam gave me a full refund in units and deleted the items I bought. I was very happy with the result, I think as long as ur not turning in 20 help tickets a month or anything else shady kabam does the right thing, for a change.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    My biggest ongoing issue with this is when trying to use boosts, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to the green champion boosts and red health boosts, but several time I've accidently used other boosts I didn't want to use because when I tried to scroll down it clicked on use, they need to add a confirmation/secondary button before it actually gets used or keep the most used boosts at the top or in a dif tab, imo.
    RO53TT1 said:

I've made that mistake before, when it happened I made sure not to touch any of the items I accidently purchased and turned in a help ticket and kabam gave me a full refund in units and deleted the items I bought. I was very happy with the result, I think as long as ur not turning in 20 help tickets a month or anything else shady kabam does the right thing, for a change.

The problem now is that to get a refund you have to jump through so many hoops and answer these detailed questions about your account that even you don't know the answers! It used to be 1-2 emails and you got your refund. Now the security process is worse than getting a loan from the bank.

The_grim3 said:

On iOS, you can turn off in game purchase for the App Store. Toggle on/off as needed.

Good to know. Will do.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    The_grim3 said:

On iOS, you can turn off in game purchase for the App Store. Toggle on/off as needed.

You are talking about real money purchases ... the others are talking about spending (farmed) Units ingame. There‘s no option for that.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gotta love that you have to click multiple times to get rid of stupid offers but you can accidentally click to buy one with no warning.
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 638 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    I’m really upset with them. This is the second time they charge my card for the star lord package when I don’t order it. The first time they refunded me but put my account at -999 unit for the refund and took my 200 units I already had. This such ****. I love the game but they are thieves! They charge my card again today when I never ordered anything and you can’t speak to anyone about this!
    WOLF_LINK said:

The_grim3 said:

You are talking about real money purchases ... the others are talking about spending (farmed) Units ingame. There‘s no option for that.
    True that. I tried what The_grim3 said and realized it was for $$ purchases only and not unit purchases. They need ways to prevent this from happening as it is a real hassle to ask for a refund now from Kabam support.
    Deder80 said:

I’m really upset with them. This is the second time they charge my card for the star lord package when I don’t order it. The first time they refunded me but put my account at -999 unit for the refund and took my 200 units I already had. This such ****. I love the game but they are thieves! They charge my card again today when I never ordered anything and you can’t speak to anyone about this!

Dude make sure that your credit card is secure. Someone other than Kabam may be using it.
  • DMnstr said:

WOLF_LINK said:

The_grim3 said:

True that. I tried what The_grim3 said and realized it was for $$ purchases only and not unit purchases. They need ways to prevent this from happening as it is a real hassle to ask for a refund now from Kabam support.
    Agreed (for those pop-up offers spending UNITS for things like a T2Class Cat offer, etc).

There is an extra “are you sure” when you DON'T want to buy these things, but no such confirmation when you do accidentally hit the spot where one of these Pop-ups appear.

ALSO would be nice when applying BOOSTS, since the Boost screen you have to scroll down, down, down, etc to get to what you want. If your SWIPE gets registered as a press instead of a swipe, then you’ve just applied some different boost than what you wanted (if the attempted swipe started on one of the APPLY buttons).

KABAM, Please ADD a CONFIRMATION box for these things.
    I finally got a refund of my units after 10+ emails trying to provide my account info. I opened it 5 years ago and finally figured out the original email associated with it was from the apple game center ID.

DMnstr said:

WOLF_LINK said:

The_grim3 said:

Agreed (for those pop-up offers spending UNITS for things like a T2Class Cat offer, etc).

There is an extra “are you sure” when you DON'T want to buy these things, but no such confirmation when you do accidentally hit the spot where one of these Pop-ups appear.

ALSO would be nice when applying BOOSTS, since the Boost screen you have to scroll down, down, down, etc to get to what you want. If your SWIPE gets registered as a press instead of a swipe, then you’ve just applied some different boost than what you wanted (if the attempted swipe started on one of the APPLY buttons).

KABAM, Please ADD a CONFIRMATION box for these things.
    Also I agree it's very easy to mistakenly register a swipe as a press on one of the apply buttons. KABAM needs to add a CONFIRMATION box for unit purchases.