**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we get an ORIGINAL Latino or Asian Champion?

We have plenty of African American champions including multiple versions of Black Panther...... Where is the Asian or Hispanic champion with his or her own orgin story? In a generation of inclusion and cultural representation.....the Hispanic and Asian communities have been ignored for too long. And no....I don't count Massacre (Deadpool Ripoff) or Miles Morales (half Puerto Rican and Black alternate Spiderman)! A black female Iron Man......do we really need another Iron Man? You made Gulliotine why can't we get a Hispanic or Asian hero...just sayin.....

Comments

• RebarkRebark Posts: 342 ★★★
    we have sunspot
  • Yea, Idk, I know that we should get Shang Chi when the movie comes out, and Omega Sentinel is a candidate for the 2021 release vote
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    I agree with OP, there is a definitely lack of Asian characters, especially males. I don't think there are any Asian male characters in game. I mean they recently added Sorcerer Supreme as an Indian Female, but where the Asian male characters at? I mentioned Amadeus Cho Hulk as a possibility in another post.

I agree with OP, there is a definitely lack of Asian characters, especially males. I don't think there are any Asian male characters in game. I mean they recently added Sorcerer Supreme as an Indian Female, but where the Asian male characters at? I mentioned Amadeus Cho Hulk as a possibility in another post.

I mean Russia is part of both Europe and Asia so you could say Red Guardian is one by technicality
    David Harbour is Caucasian AF!
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

I mean Russia is part of both Europe and Asia so you could say Red Guardian is one by technicality
    no, Red Guardian not the actor that plays him

The definition of asian as per google is: "a native of Asia or a person of Asian descent"

Russia covers Europe and Russia so depending on where he hails from or if the entire country is considered both, he falls into this category
    edited November 2020

The definition of asian as per google is: "a native of Asia or a person of Asian descent"

Russia covers Europe and Russia so depending on where he hails from or if the entire country is considered both, he falls into this category
    Russians doesn't called themselves Asians, most those Russians are usually referred to as EASTERN EUROPEANS! Where are all the characters of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesian heritage? SILVER SAMURAI, make it happen, Kabam!
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,682 ★★★★★

Russians doesn't called themselves Asians, most those Russians are usually referred to as EASTERN EUROPEANS! Where are all the characters of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesian heritage?
    Hold your horses man we're probably going to get Shang Chi & Gilgamesh next year

Russians doesn't called themselves Asians, most those Russians are usually referred to as EASTERN EUROPEANS! Where are all the characters of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesian heritage? SILVER SAMURAI, make it happen, Kabam!
    I'm talking about Russia as a country, it's in both europe and asia, that means they're as much asian as they are european whether they like it or not.
    Rookiie said:

Russians doesn't called themselves Asians, most those Russians are usually referred to as EASTERN EUROPEANS! Where are all the characters of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesian heritage?
    Hold your horses man we're probably going to get Shang Chi & Gilgamesh next year
    Lets get this guy in the game!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    not another one of these
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    I'm all for some extra diversity if the characters are fun, interesting and compatible. Most of the currently available characters are targeted for the mainstream comics (most, not all) and I personally am not a fan of changing characters just for the sake of diversity (whether that be gender, sexuality, race, etc.) I don't see the Hulk as a white guy - he's a freaking green Hulk! There are some cool variations out there on mainstream characters, but just changing the race or gender to be diverse, doesn't necessarily make it better and can take away from the legacy of the original characters we grew up with.

- You can't disregard Mile Morales, just because you don't like the character or for "only" being 1/2 Latino, come on now
    - Whether you like Masacre or not, his origin is what it is too.
    - Psylocke is represented as Asian in this version of the game (she is sometimes British / sometimes Asian in the comics).
    - Iron fist, well, it's hard to tell if he's white or Asian in this game, but he does appear to be the Netlix version more-so than the comic book version.
    - Diablo - has a Hispanic origin
    - Kamala Khan - Pakistani
    - Sunspot - Hispanic
    - Peter Parker, Magneto, Iceman, Scarlett Witch and MoonKnight are Jewish
    - We also have a lot of non-human characters in the game that are from space, other dimensions/realms, worlds, etc.
    - Not all white characters are just white either - there's diversity in their origin as American, European, etc. too. We have some Russian, German, Polish, etc.
    - I'm probably missing a few more, but there's more to this when you dig a little deeper.

Could/should Kabam add more diversity - sure, why not if it makes the game better and more fun, not just to check a diversity box for the sake of checking a box.

EdIt:
    Elektra - Greek origin
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I’d personally love to see a Laotian character.

I'm talking about Russia as a country, it's in both europe and asia, that means they're as much asian as they are european whether they like it or not.
    EurAsian isn't straight up Asian! Just like another poster saying Sunspot (Brazilian/Portuguese heritage) is Latino when the definition of it is “The terms ‘Hispanic’ or ‘Latino’ refer to persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Spanish speaking Central and South America countries, and other Spanish cultures."

EurAsian isn't straight up Asian! Just like another poster saying Sunspot (Brazilian/Portuguese heritage) is Latino when the definition of it is “The terms ‘Hispanic’ or ‘Latino’ refer to persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Spanish speaking Central and South America countries, and other Spanish cultures."
    I never said he was straight up asian, I said he would technically count as one for reasons above.

And actually, Sunspot is Latino because the term Latino/Latina refers to those of Latin American descent or heritage, considering Brazil is part of Latin America geographically and organisationally.

First off Sunspot is Latino because Brazil is a part of Latin America.

Second, I didn't say anything about EurAsian counting as straight up Asian but enough for it to count as either of the two, by the same logic he isn't straight up European.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    They could put Wong in the game, but he'd probably just be like another Mordo..

Second, I didn't say anything about EurAsian counting as straight up Asian but enough for it to count as either of the two, by the same logic he isn't straight up European.
    Sunspot doesn't meet the criteria of the OP's request for a HISPANIC character then, since Portugal is not Spain and is Portuguese speaking. Who cares if Red Guardian isn't straight up European, the main thing is having a straight up Asian Champ (male lacking) in the game.
    edited November 2020

Sunspot doesn't meet the criteria of the OP's request for a HISPANIC character then, since Portugal is not Spain and is Portuguese speaking. Who cares if Red Guardian isn't straight up European, the main thing is having a straight up Asian Champ (male lacking) in the game.
    why are you even arguing about this? what do you plan on achieving?

and what's wrong with not being straight up asian? you asked for asian, he counts.

and what's wrong with not being straight up asian?
    “it’s not a real asian character dude”

some people can’t understand even asian-americans (quake) count as a form of asian representation
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Man there's a real lack of Disabled characters in the game. We only have one, and that's Aegon who's missing an arm. Where's the diabetic representation, I need to see a champ inject some insulin during their SP3.

If you read that and think that's stupid, then you'll agree that forcing diversity and inclusion is also stupid. Characters will be added when they're added, nor because specific users feel under represented in a mobile game. If you feel under represented in any capacity while playing the game, just know there is a whole world of Internet out there that can satiate your particular needs.
    ItsDamien said:

Man there's a real lack of Disabled characters in the game. We only have one, and that's Aegon who's missing an arm. Where's the diabetic representation, I need to see a champ inject some insulin during their SP3.

If you read that and think that's stupid, then you'll agree that forcing diversity and inclusion is also stupid. Characters will be added when they're added, nor because specific users feel under represented in a mobile game. If you feel under represented in any capacity while playing the game, just know there is a whole world of Internet out there that can satiate your particular needs.

Forcing inclusion is stupid. If the character brings something to a story, or can introduce new mechanics and possibilities, or change up the game in some way, then they should be added. If they happen to represent some minority (Asian, LGBQT, etc) then it’s a nice bonus.
    edited November 2020
    ItsDamien said:

bro Professor X doesn't come in a wheelchair, this is leg-washing, why must you do this to a paraplegics #kambamcancelled REEEEEEEEEE

and what's wrong with not being straight up asian? you asked for asian, he counts.
    If you want to get technical, Red Guardian was born in MOSCOW, MOSCOW IS IN THE EUROPEAN part of Russia. So he DOESN"T COUNT. Are you one of those who are in denial of the fact that people in North American countries only sees Black and White and generally IGNORE Yellow and Brown?
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    A majority of the popular characters were created DECADES ago. Marvel specifically is famous for tying in stories to reality; such as Captain America in WW2, or Civil Rights Era X-Men.

Now, Latino immigration (outside Bracero Program) was consistently minimal. Then, the Immigration Reform and Control Act (1986), Immigration Act (1990), and Immigrant Responsibility Act (1996) were signed. And, as expected, immigration shot through the roof. In fact, if we look at this graph, the 3 acts line up perfectly with the exponential, meteoric rise of Mexican immigration (couldn't find a detailed graph that takes all Latinos into account. Idk why, just Google being Google).

Why am I mentioning this? Because at the very same year that the Immigrant Responsibility Act was introduced, Marvel files for bankruptcy. Since the massive influx of Latino immigrants was so sudden, I don't believe they had time to "react". So as the demographics were shifting, Marvel was too busy imploding. I mean, for all we know, there was a Latino hero who could've done great, but Marvel was so broke that they couldn't afford to continue it. I believe they could and would have had they not been disintegrating.

As to why they didn't make more Latino heroes before? I mean, it's probably because the authors were American and had not really thought of it, as there simply weren't a significant number of Latinos. Kinda like why we have a lack of Asian heroes.

Although technically Psylocke is/was Asian. Then became British. This one is weird, since they change her ethnicity at seemingly random for no reason.

Graph of Immigration:

https://images.app.goo.gl/m7yDxtJFWpPyJaY

If you want to get technical, Red Guardian was born in MOSCOW, MOSCOW IS IN THE EUROPEAN part of Russia. So he DOESN"T COUNT. Are you one of those who are in denial of the fact that people in North American countries only sees Black and White and generally IGNORE Yellow and Brown?
    did you just seriously say yellow? Yellow?

jesus christ

yellow and brown?

to quoth Obi-Wan

"You have become the very thing you swore to destroy"
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Seems how were talking about all these colors..how about green?
    Anybody else think Gamora from the MCU
    was hot AF?
This discussion has been closed.