**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is the least important class in MCOC?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I've been thinking about this recently and thinking about which classes are the most important in MCOC and which are the least important to the general meta of the game. Remember, this isn't about what classes are the best in MCOC, it's about what classes have the most important abilities. So let's get into the breakdown:

In my opinion, the tech class is the most important class in the game because of their wide-reaching utility. For starters, tech champions typically have multiple immunities (robots and Ghost), which is extremely useful on all sorts of nodes (biohazard, freezer burn for Warlock and Ghost, caltrops, bleed/poison 60/30, etc.). In addition, some tech champions have heal block and power lock/burn/drain abilities, which are very useful to control the power of opponents, especially if their power is not a power gain buff but instead a passive power gain ability like "spite", as tech champions don't really have many buffs other than the occasional armor up (Havok counter) or a regen buff. Speaking of regeneration, a lot of tech champions top off their already amazing abilities with regeneration, making them very sustainable and wide-reaching champions. 2 perfect examples of champions that describe the abilities stated above are Warlock and Guillotine 2099, 2 champions with very wide-reaching utility that define the tech class' purpose.

In my opinion, the 2nd most important class is the science class because of their general able to petrify or reverse healing and regeneration in opponents, which is extremely useful. This ability is just so powerful, and couple that with their other non-damaging debuffs and/or poison damage/immunities, they are a very powerful class (in terms of power).

I think that skill is the 3th most important class because of the general utility of skill champions. Many skill champions can counter evade mechanics (sometimes miss and autoblock as well), can reduce ability accuracy (preventing annoying abilities from occuring), can cause significant bleed damage, and can purify dangerous non-damaging debuffs on themselves (like gassed or Void's debuffs). This makes them great utility champs, in addition to their (typically) high damage (Nick Fury, Aegon, Stealthy).

I think that the mutant class the 4th best class in the game because they rely more on special attack damage than on utility for their abilities, but they are still heavy utility champions, don't get me wrong. For starters, some mutants possess the ability to ignore passive damage back (Think Omega, Namor, Gambit) in addition to their huge special attacks in which they can burst down opponents really quickly. A lot of mutant champions also have an anti-purify mechanic, preventing skill champions or purify nodes from purifying debuffs (really helpful against Korg, masochism, Agent Venom, Kingpin, Xbones, BPCW, etc.). They also typically have some sort of bleed resistance or immunity, which is a nice bonus.

I think that mystics are the 5th most important class because they typically have niche buff control, in addition to a few other abilities like power control (Doctor Doom) or regeneration (BWCV + Sorcerer Supreme). They are useful because of their ability to nullify, control, and punish buffs. This is very important because champion/node based buffs can be very dangerous, like a very potent power gain, regeneration, or fury buff, that needs to get nullified to prevent other effects. Some mystic champions also have pretty hard hitting special attacks, but their basic attacks are typically on the low side (exception: Doctor Doom).

I think the least important class in MCOC is the cosmic class. This is for 2 reasons. First of all, cosmic champions are mainly damage champions and typically don't bring too much utility to the table. There are a few exceptions, but this is the general tempo of the class. They comprise of mainly buff champions, and a lot of champions from other classes gain buffs (take Colossus for example), and these buffs are mystic food. Second of all, cosmic champions are by far the least used class of champions in AW, and that is for reason #1. They don't provide any unique utility that champions from other classes don't bring. Hyperion, Medusa (Magneto has taken over), CGR, and Cull Obsidian, for example, don't get used that often in AW for a reason. They don't bring any niche utility to the table that other champions from other classes bring. The only exceptions to this are CMM and Corvus, but both aren't even used THAT much. CMM is mainly only used in a hazard shift path to build up her binary quickly or else she isn't used because she'd need to parry multiple times, and Corvus is only used when he has a perfect path ahead of him and where his utility is needed (cheat death, armor break).

What are your thoughts on this list? Do you agree, do you disagree, and why do you think that way? Put it in the comments below!

Comments

• Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    I would have tech then mystic then Science then mutant then skill then cosmic
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    You forgot to mention that Omega and Archangel are mutants that don't depend on specials.
  • Options

I would have tech then mystic then Science then mutant then skill then cosmic

I like your list, we have the same #1 and #6 and a bit of differences in the middle
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

You forgot to mention that Omega and Archangel are mutants that don't depend on specials.

Yeah that's true, but the general idea of the mutant class is big special attack damage, anti-purify, ignore thorns (some mutants), and bleed resistance/immunity
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

I can agree cosmic is the least important. But mystic is way too far down. That’s one or two for me. They are able to control fights extremely well and tend to be very versatile

Yeah that's why I kept them at no 2.
  • Options

I can agree cosmic is the least important. But mystic is way too far down. That’s one or two for me. They are able to control fights extremely well and tend to be very versatile

I had mystic at #2 when I was first making this list, but I moved them down because in some, but not all, situations, science champions can do some of what they do. Take She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen for example, they both have slow debuffs and petrify effects to reduce/reverse regeneration/power gain effects that would've come from regen/power gain buffs or passive effects. Second of all, if an unstoppable buff needs to be nullified on the enemy, one can use the slow debuff of a science champion (Red Guardian works for this too) to prevent that unstoppable buff that would've been nullified by a mystic from ever happening. I'm not saying that the mystic class does not have its own uses that no one else can do, cuz it does. Only a mystic champion can nullify a insanely potent fury buff or some other buff that can't be petrified or slowed, but science champs can do a lot of what mystics champions do and more.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

The importance of tech comes from just two champs. Ghost and Warlock.

Guillotine 2099 100% deserves to be in that category, she's very similar to Warlock
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    1. Tech
    2. Mystic
    3. Mutant
    4. Skill
    5. Science
    6. Cosmic
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    Entire Cosmic class 100% dud confirmed
    I am really liking these posts that don't start a forum civil war
  • Options
    Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Weird green symbol class
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Entire Cosmic class 100% dud confirmed

I am really liking these posts that don't start a forum civil war
    Thanks lol
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

The importance of tech comes from just two champs. Ghost and Warlock.

Add Guilly 99 and Guardian to that list.
  • Options

Weird green symbol class

Green Goblin = Green dude = Has Green in name = NOT Green symbol class

😡😡😡😡
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

I’d say the most useless class is the universal class. Maestro although having insane damage has no utility, and the collector has Aar and regen. Not anything very special. The Grandmaster is insane though, as he has quite a power house as he’s immune to all debuffs and can instantly kill people with his sp3. He’s the favorite one. Carina might come next, but I’m thinking she’s not gonna be great. Thanks for attending my Ted Talking

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,810 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

Etjama said:

I’d say the most useless class is the universal class. Maestro although having insane damage has no utility, and the collector has Aar and regen. Not anything very special. The Grandmaster is insane though, as he has quite a power house as he’s immune to all debuffs and can instantly kill people with his sp3. He’s the favorite one. Carina might come next, but I’m thinking she’s not gonna be great. Thanks for attending my Ted Talking

T H E - P O W E R - O F - T H E - M O N K E - R E A L M - I S - I M M E N S E. I T - C O N T R O L S - T H E - S P A C E - T I M E - C O N T I N U U M
    I S - T H A T - W H Y - H U L K B U S T E R - I S - B A D
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    how is tech most important. other classes can do what tech does.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

1 Tech: Big ones are ghost, warlock, and g2099 Power control, ramp up, heal block, evade counters, insane dmg, immunity, other utilities
    2 Mutant: Same as tech except for power control and fewer immunitys
    3 Science: Quake.... They also have slow, power sting, miss counters, and insane heal reversal
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    They all do different things. RN I lack Cosmic and that Cav buffet node is a pain in the butt.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    The least important class is the one you don't need at the moment. They all have some solid champ's that work well for different content.
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Most important class is Tech(Ghost,warlock, gurdian), Mystic (Doom, sorcerer,bwcv)mystic is necessary in many situation, Skill(Aegon, nick fury, blade)aegon is needed for some crazy content, nick furry,blade very reliable champ, science, cosmic ( corvus. Cmm, hyperion)

I put mutant as least important Because in cavalier, u don't even need mutant champ. In Mutant class chapter, tech Champion can handle it pretty well. Whereas cosmic Champions require for cosmic chapter, so it’s not least important.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    1 - mystic. Say whatever you want, but their nullifies are super valuable. Lots of champs and nodes are difficult because of some buffs. With most mechanics you can use almost any class, but dealing with buffs - mystics, thing has stagger and mkk (wich is a bug according to kabam, iirc). That uniqueness alone makes class stand out a lot. Also great power control and md for more specials.
    2 - probably science, overall I'd say you can find many different things for one class
    3 - cosmic. For me only because of how much Hyperion can do. But overall for class - power gain and high damage combination.
    Skill, muts and tech are pretty close imo. Also I'd say ghost is closer to cosmic champ - buffs and power gain, plus phasing. Also robots for immunities, but it's kinda weak utility, you really need both. Skill mostly about bleeds, and it has aegom, who also shouldn't be considered as typical skill champ. Muts - same for Magneto, Colossus, maybe Domino. Overall muts is the most boring class imo, but they can do as much as skill or tech