**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier players ARE NOT getting the materials they need to reach thronebreaker

Comments

• Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

What Thronebreakers seems to have forgotten is that there was no 6*r3 requirement when they became Thronebreaker...

You're right... it was natural progression.
    Now that the natural progression has had a title, a requirement, a buffed glory store, and a higher set of potential deals for cyber weekend put against it, players want the requirement for it to be made easier.

I understand the frustration for players that may not have RNG luck to be able to take a desired champ to R3, but theres a ton of self entitled players who haven't even done a run through act 6.4, who haven't attempted the abyss, yet they want the requirements to be lowered to meet their selfish needs.

An example is a player who posted on the forums recently that they pulled a 6* Omega Red, but they hate him. Most would disagree with him, so the RNG thing is also baseless at times as so called desired champs are based off personal preferences.
    I think that is an ungenerous view of the reason folks are asking for these things (ie “selfish needs”). For some, this is really having bought a house with a view of the water, only to have a new row of house built in front of them, and these are more expensive. Now they are trying to move into the new houses, but they are priced out for a variety of reasons (for me, the time cost of that level of play is unrealistic during surging hospital volumes). But there is an element of the game that is lost NOT playing at the highest title (I haven’t been here since my first year of play). It’s awkward, but I don’t think selfish. Just a struggle to understand the path forward.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Agreed
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Huh, didn’t know that they locked Cav players out of the Abyss or Act 6 Exploration. Man that sucks.
    Oh wait.
    They didn’t.
    Go do Act 6 Exploration or a path of Abyss. That’s how the majority of Thronebreakers like myself got it.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

@Lovejoy72
    It's absolutely selfish. While I understand you have your reasons for not being "able" to play in higher tier alliance events, you have to accept that your progression is going to be slowed due to that. Whether it's having a legitimate time constraint like yourself or someone else just not being willing to play at that level, you're both choosing to play a game that's VERY centered around alliance involvement for upper echelon progression. You both just have to accept the consequences of
    edited November 2020

@Lovejoy72
    It's absolutely selfish. While I understand you have your reasons for not being "able" to play in higher tier alliance events, you have to accept that your progression is going to be slowed due to that. Whether it's having a legitimate time constraint like yourself or someone else just not being willing to play at that level, you're both choosing to play a game that's VERY centered around alliance involvement for upper echelon progression. You both just have to accept the consequences of

Dude, I’m not asking for these things. I don’t care, my life and work are too important right now to be bothered about it. Even if they were easily available to me, I couldn’t use them well. My statement was purely in reference to why some people (in similar circumstances to my myself) might be asking for it. To be frank, if people find it necessary to have automatically pejorative opinions about the motives of people asking for these things, I think that’s unfortunate as well. It’s a lot simpler if we can all assume good intent.

(If you look at my first post in this thread, it is almost identical to what you just said. I’m just asking for folks to also assume best intent.)
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Even it available, it would be not cheap as thornbreaker and i bet some player gonna complain about that, and beside, before this exist they are tons of ppl become tb without glory store
    slacker said:

Even it available, it would be not cheap as thornbreaker and i bet some player gonna complain about that, and beside, before this exist they are tons of ppl become tb without glory store

The glory thing would almost undoubtedly be a mistake. I can’t imagine at that cost it would be much of a contributor towards TB, and would ding the heck out of people buying materials that are actually helpful.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Huh, didn’t know that they locked Cav players out of the Abyss or Act 6 Exploration. Man that sucks.
    Oh wait.
    They didn’t.
    Go do Act 6 Exploration or a path of Abyss. That’s how the majority of Thronebreakers like myself got it.

Too much work. It should be 50% t5cc selector for uc players in the glory store for 100 glory.
    im cavalier and i agree
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

What Thronebreakers seems to have forgotten is that there was no 6*r3 requirement when they became Thronebreaker...

Now that the natural progression has had a title, a requirement, a buffed glory store, and a higher set of potential deals for cyber weekend put against it, players want the requirement for it to be made easier.

I understand the frustration for players that may not have RNG luck to be able to take a desired champ to R3, but theres a ton of self entitled players who haven't even done a run through act 6.4, who haven't attempted the abyss, yet they want the requirements to be lowered to meet their selfish needs.

An example is a player who posted on the forums recently that they pulled a 6* Omega Red, but they hate him. Most would disagree with him, so the RNG thing is also baseless at times as so called desired champs are based off personal preferences.
    I think that is an ungenerous view of the reason folks are asking for these things (ie “selfish needs”). For some, this is really having bought a house with a view of the water, only to have a new row of house built in front of them, and these are more expensive. Now they are trying to move into the new houses, but they are priced out for a variety of reasons (for me, the time cost of that level of play is unrealistic during surging hospital volumes). But there is an element of the game that is lost NOT playing at the highest title (I haven’t been here since my first year of play). It’s awkward, but I don’t think selfish. Just a struggle to understand the path forward.
    What element exactly is lost? There were Cavalier players with R3's 6*'s before Thronebreaker ever existed. It's like people think all the sudden TB players have been put into another game that Cav and below have no access to. This entire post should be deleted honestly. Thronebreakers can't do anything more than Cav players right now. There isn't any content designed just for them, there is only a very small rewards bump for being TB.

So please tell me what element is being lost here..
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Glory materials are just a joke if u wanna become a thronebreaker focus on going story mode .
    how do you think we've done that .. story
  • Where is the selector thingy coming from?
    For TB, the new glory store only sells t5c crystal for 2700 glory every 8 days. It is not a selector.
    That means RNG t5c that is probably not the one you wished for.

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

What element exactly is lost? There were Cavalier players with R3's 6*'s before Thronebreaker ever existed. It's like people think all the sudden TB players have been put into another game that Cav and below have no access to. This entire post should be deleted honestly. Thronebreakers can't do anything more than Cav players right now. There isn't any content designed just for them, there is only a very small rewards bump for being TB.

I have to reemphasize that I personally don’t care. I will probably never be TB. I don’t buy the deals, and I can no longer participate in the level of play that would get me there. My prior post clearly established that I completely understand why am in this position. It’s my choice. I can however connect to the feeling that, while having done nothing to change my account, there’s now a level of rewards and deals that I can’t access. Again, I personally don’t care, but I can understand why people feel that way, and feel they are missing out on something. I only even entertain those feelings because it helps me understand why other people in this game feel the way they do, and it makes it easier to assume the best intent from those people posting. I don’t understand, in something as patently ludicrous as a mobile game, why anyone would do otherwise?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i think ultimately what i'm gathering is most people want immediate rewards. i can't say that i don't understand because i do in the climate that we've lived in for years. everything is instant because of media. instant gratification. so it filters to the games we play. we want instant gratification vs having to wait.

the rewards are there for a Cav player to reach Throne Breaker but with most, it's not in the time they'd prefer. but them's the breaks.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i remember thinking i had the worst luck .. every single T5CC that i got landed on Skill. and at the time i had zero Skill champs ... but they just kept on landing on Skill. i was like well i guess that's RNG bad luck for me. and then i landed on Stealth and Fury from a Cav crystal. i took my Stealth up about 2 months before Thronebreaker was announced.

so my horrible luck worked out in the end lol

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

I have to reemphasize that I personally don’t care. I will probably never be TB. I don’t buy the deals, and I can no longer participate in the level of play that would get me there. My prior post clearly established that I completely understand why am in this position. It’s my choice. I can however connect to the feeling that, while having done nothing to change my account, there’s now a level of rewards and deals that I can’t access. Again, I personally don’t care, but I can understand why people feel that way, and feel they are missing out on something. I only even entertain those feelings because it helps me understand why other people in this game feel the way they do, and it makes it easier to assume the best intent from those people posting. I don’t understand, in something as patently ludicrous as a mobile game, why anyone would do otherwise?
    Theres always a group of players chasing another group of people.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

I agree. It takes time.

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

Sure, I guess? But I had no sensation that I was indeed running a race with anyone until they created the TB title. I happen to be sufficiently self aware to know it’s a race I can’t run, not with the way things are. So I’ve happily settled into what I can play now. But I do completely understand those who feel compelled to run that race, and why they would want all the things to get it done, and as fast and cheap as possible.

And, frankly, it’s no skin off my nose if they get it. Maybe it will cheapen the achievements of people of who have already gotten throne breaker, but that’s really not my problem?
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

Sure, I guess? But I had no sensation that I was indeed running a race with anyone until they created the TB title. I happen to be sufficiently self aware to know it’s a race I can’t run, not with the way things are. So I’ve happily settled into what I can play now. But I do completely understand those who feel compelled to run that race, and why they would want all the things to get it done, and as fast and cheap as possible.

And, frankly, it’s no skin off my nose if they get it. Maybe it will cheapen the achievements of people of who have already gotten throne breaker, but that’s really not my problem?
    Cavalier was the top progression title, before that it was uncollected, before that there weren't titles. Unless you are the top player I every metric, you're always chasing someone. Cav players were chasing other Cav players to complete content first or get higher prestige or even before TB, be the first to R3 a champ.

People need to stop worrying about others in this game. Just progress at your own pace, eventually you'll end up in the same place.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

cavalier players should be offered a little of the materials needed to take them to thronebreaker.

The materials are there, outside of Cavalier EQ - you just need to put in the extra effort to get them. For example:

1. Find an alliance that runs Map 7 with some level of Epic modifiers.

There’s a lot of T5CC to be gained weekly just from this. It doesn’t even need to be a high prestige alliance, as you can get up to 10% per AQ cycle just from the honour milestone rewards alone.

Moreover, Map 7 doesn’t require any more time commitment than Map 6 - in fact, I’d argue that I’ve needed to log onto the game for AQ far less frequently since I made the switch to Map 7. Sure, it requires a bit more skill and more thoughtful path assignments, but it’s a great way to quickly increase your monthly haul of T5CC.

Bite the bullet, push past the learning curve, and you’ll see your T5CC stash rise steadily.

2. Slowly chip away at Act 6 exploration.

A lot more accessible since the changes. Sure, there are still some pain points left over, but it’s content that you can practise, restart, and repeat with minimal resource expenditure.

3. Work on Abyss initial clear and exploration.

Sounds daunting, I know. But as someone who has personally explored the entire thing with a total expenditure of 700 units (on mastery changes), I can tell you that it doesn’t have to be the unit drain that it’s made out to be, especially with good planning and resource stacking.

Some could argue that they’re waiting on an Aegon, a Human Torch, a good Mystic, and thus an exploration run is impossible for them. If that’s truly the case, and you’re either unwilling to use or simply lacking the appropriate alternatives, then your best bet would be to opt for Option 1 (Map 7) until your roster has progressed a bit more.

TLDR: missing out on 5% per AQ cycle from the glory store may seem awful on paper, but in reality there are several key sources of T5CC (namely Map 7) that many player are just not making use of.

And this may be hard to hear, but if your roster is not ready for any of the above, then you’re unfortunately not really the target demographic for the TB title.
    Yeah... you definitely talked about map 7 in a much lighter tone than how it really plays out. It's a resource vaccum and a major pain to explore. It's really only for those brave enough to tackle the challenge. Top 1500 players... what about the people outside that threshold? There needs to simply be more alternatives or greater rewards in current event quests to truly help out those without thronebreaker.

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

Cavalier was the top progression title, before that it was uncollected, before that there weren't titles. Unless you are the top player I every metric, you're always chasing someone. Cav players were chasing other Cav players to complete content first or get higher prestige or even before TB, be the first to R3 a champ.

People need to stop worrying about others in this game. Just progress at your own pace, eventually you'll end up in the same place.
    I don’t feel super prescriptive about how folks play the game, or how they are motivated. Would they be happier if they just played their own pace and game? Maybe. I also think that is probably good advice to those that are seeking earlier and easier rewards. It’s probably unwelcome advice to those that drive the end game. They seem to like the chase?
  • GatorSlam_MrvKnGatorSlam_MrvKn Posts: 211
    edited November 2020

Best thing said today.
    Progress at how comfortable you are.
    Do as much as you can with the time you have or the resources you have.
    Nobody is saying you need to be number 1 or best in your class.

Do what makes you happy.
    Remember, this is a game, and you should not be stressing over it.
    Savage said:

cavalier players should be offered a little of the materials needed to take them to thronebreaker.

The materials are there, outside of Cavalier EQ - you just need to put in the extra effort to get them. For example:

1. Find an alliance that runs Map 7 with some level of Epic modifiers.

There’s a lot of T5CC to be gained weekly just from this. It doesn’t even need to be a high prestige alliance, as you can get up to 10% per AQ cycle just from the honour milestone rewards alone.

Moreover, Map 7 doesn’t require any more time commitment than Map 6 - in fact, I’d argue that I’ve needed to log onto the game for AQ far less frequently since I made the switch to Map 7. Sure, it requires a bit more skill and more thoughtful path assignments, but it’s a great way to quickly increase your monthly haul of T5CC.

Bite the bullet, push past the learning curve, and you’ll see your T5CC stash rise steadily.

2. Slowly chip away at Act 6 exploration.

A lot more accessible since the changes. Sure, there are still some pain points left over, but it’s content that you can practise, restart, and repeat with minimal resource expenditure.

3. Work on Abyss initial clear and exploration.

Sounds daunting, I know. But as someone who has personally explored the entire thing with a total expenditure of 700 units (on mastery changes), I can tell you that it doesn’t have to be the unit drain that it’s made out to be, especially with good planning and resource stacking.

Some could argue that they’re waiting on an Aegon, a Human Torch, a good Mystic, and thus an exploration run is impossible for them. If that’s truly the case, and you’re either unwilling to use or simply lacking the appropriate alternatives, then your best bet would be to opt for Option 1 (Map 7) until your roster has progressed a bit more.

TLDR: missing out on 5% per AQ cycle from the glory store may seem awful on paper, but in reality there are several key sources of T5CC (namely Map 7) that many player are just not making use of.

And this may be hard to hear, but if your roster is not ready for any of the above, then you’re unfortunately not really the target demographic for the TB title.
    Yeah... you definitely talked about map 7 in a much lighter tone than how it really plays out. It's a resource vaccum and a major pain to explore. It's really only for those brave enough to tackle the challenge. Top 1500 players... what about the people outside that threshold? There needs to simply be more alternatives or greater rewards in current event quests to truly help out those without thronebreaker.
    So basically, it's hard and I don't wanna do it so give me what I want for doing stuff that's much easier. That about the gist?
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

I don’t feel super prescriptive about how folks play the game, or how they are motivated. Would they be happier if they just played their own pace and game? Maybe. I also think that is probably good advice to those that are seeking earlier and easier rewards. It’s probably unwelcome advice to those that drive the end game. They seem to like the chase?
    The ones driving the end game aren't the ones complaining about difficulty or requirements
  • Gmonkey said:

Savage said:

I used to think map 7 with epic is super hard it is not as bad as people think. You need the right counters for the paths. Wrong counters will be very expensive.
    This is correct. There might be a node “biohazard” where you will need a bleed immune and possibly poison immune. Bring a counter for them both and you will be ok.
    Yes you will need alliance tickets to join map7, but at map7 level experience, most players don’t cry about the cost of tickets. If you do cry about ticket costs, you probably aren’t ready for map7. Maybe try doing a few months of free maps to build your resources.

I personally have completed weeks without using an item. But to be completely honest, I do is items because I slip up or I try very hard to kill bosses. But that’s just me.

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

ch4rn said:

KAYDA said:

The ones driving the end game aren't the ones complaining about difficulty or requirements
    I disagree. They’re just complaining about the reverse, i.e. that everything is too easy, and we are giving away too much stuff to meet requirements.
  • At this stage I think that the split between Cavalier and Thronebreaker is fair.

There’s currently a soft requirement of playing AW/AQ at the highest level for a long time, OR having completed AoL and/or explored Act 6 in order to have fully formed a T5CC. The difference in a fresh Cavalier, or even a cavalier who has completed 6.4 and one who has formed a T5CC is pretty stark in most cases. In my alliance for example, I have nearly 2x the amount of R2/5 champions compared to most of the relatively fresh 6.4 completionists.

What I disagree with quite strongly is that Cavalier and Uncollected have been lumped in together because the difference between them is the same as Cav vs Thronebreaker