**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you think requirements for thronebreaker are fair?

Comments

• Options
    TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★

No, the r3 requirement is just too much considering that for me t5cc is almost impossible to get. Only way to get a r3 within a year is Abyss and with my skill level i'll need about 24k units for that (12k atm)

you might think that because you haven’t tried it. i consider myself below average player, mainly because most runs by other players require less units than when I do it like act 6 completion. but if you have the right champs for Abyss, Aegon, Torch and SS/Doom for easy path, you don’t really need units as much as that. I really thought that I needed much more but if you have enough resources, just time-consuming.

I did it around 4K units, probably would have been 5K if i include health pots and revives in my stash. the best thing about it is you only need to do 1 run to get those rewards and exploration gives you the best rewards in this game. I think that it is fair actually
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    I don't think there's anyone who's still cavalier after abyss 100% cause of the 6* class nexus crystal selector (if there is he/she might be the unluckiest person ever). So just consider 100% abyss as the requirement and start working towards it. Sure some people might get Thronebreaker before that but that's just their luck and complaining about that won't get you anywhere.
  • Options
    AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Just stop discussing this thing again and again.
  • Options
    beaker1000beaker1000 Posts: 47

No, the r3 requirement is just too much considering that for me t5cc is almost impossible to get. Only way to get a r3 within a year is Abyss and with my skill level i'll need about 24k units for that (12k atm)

you might think that because you haven’t tried it. i consider myself below average player, mainly because most runs by other players require less units than when I do it like act 6 completion. but if you have the right champs for Abyss, Aegon, Torch and SS/Doom for easy path, you don’t really need units as much as that. I really thought that I needed much more but if you have enough resources, just time-consuming.

I did it around 4K units, probably would have been 5K if i include health pots and revives in my stash. the best thing about it is you only need to do 1 run to get those rewards and exploration gives you the best rewards in this game. I think that it is fair actually
    Thanks for the reply, just pulled a Human Torch, i'm planning on doing Abyss this weekend, have 15k units atm, wil use Ægon, Nick Fury, Symbiote Supreme, Human Torch and Heimdal. Hope I can get it done😁
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    I think it’s SLIGHTLY unfair. (Please don’t disagree me into oblivion.)
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    edited November 2020
    There shouldn't even be a debate considering all titles prior to TB only require you to clear content. That is the axiom of progression games (or at least the foundation they're built on).
    If the R3 requirement was a limiting strategy then it begs the question... why wouldn't they just make it a Act 6 exploration achievement as opposed to completion? Or even better, make an act 7 achievement.
    An R3 requirement was unnecessary, period.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Guess what? It isn't changing. No matter how many threads people make or how much they whine. The title should have been 3 r3s to avoid entitled people who whine about being "so close" and that it is unfair. And I am not thronebreaker.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am actually losing interest in Thronebreaker, because it feels like just another scheme to get us to spend wildly. Kabam creates a dumb artificial barrier to the title, then gives the players who are aiming for the title almost nothing on CW that might help them achieve it, and by the time most of us get that title otherwise Kabam will have devalued its rewards (like they did to Cav players) by creating a new title beyond TB and blathering on about the game economy (translation: profit margins).

I was part of the Act 7/Book 2 beta, both times, and the ONLY reason I want to complete Act 6 is to do Act 7, which actually looks fun and not the clown fiesta series of hot coals to walk over that is Act 6. But I am seriously at the point where I no longer care whether it happens, and I might just instead do the regular monthly stuff only, and forget about progression.

Seriously -- when progression only rewards you with the chance to get something somewhat valuable for your money, the game is broken.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Totally not fair. It should be 3 R3s instead of 1.

(It’ll totally shut posts like threads like this. lol)

The only req should have been completing Act 7, but guess what? Kabam couldn't get Act 7 out the door before CW so they created this artificial requirement so they could get all of the top players to buy the deals anyway.

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think the requirements are completely fair. If you're not playing map 7 to get a weekly 10% t5cc I don't think you have a right to complain about the requirements. Also, an initial abyss run shouldn't be too hard to do at this point. Plenty of videos out there where people have done it without Aegon.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I would say it’s partially fair.
    6.4 completion seems fair for the new title.
    5.2 Uncollected
    6.1 Cavalier
    6.4 Thronebreaker
    It makes sense and it has a consistency. A title per 3 chapters of story quest.
    Though the r3 requirement was a big missed shot, since it highly depends on luck. Whether to pull enough shards from a specific class to form a catalyst, and to have a non garbage champ at this class to r3 🙂
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I would be very curious to know if there are summoners who now wish they could re-choose their selector from 6.4 completion.

It’s weird that the condition exists, but wasn’t announced concurrent with 6.4 release.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Roughly 24hrs in and the vote is split right down the middle after yes was dominating for quite some tome. I was expecting it to be heavily weighted towards no but interesting nonetheless.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I would be very curious to know if there are summoners who now wish they could re-choose their selector from 6.4 completion.

It’s weird that the condition exists, but wasn’t announced concurrent with 6.4 release.

Those who had completed 6.4 at it’s release, they are not after forming a specific t5cc to become Thronebreaker.
    They have already the title, along with multiple r3s 😉
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Many will disagree. I think it’s fair. I have an issue with the rollout. Keep grinding and we’ll get there. Everyone can hopefully be supportive.

I know it’ll be tough. Some new content is coming this month.

All of us have the gifting event.

Christmas gifts are coming. Undertaking variant 5 100% is my goal. Newer players should try 6.1 100% as well. Try deepening your roster if that’s too much for you.

if anyone here really understands that, preach the message. capitalize on this opportunity and get those big rewards we missed this weekend.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Roughly 24hrs in and the vote is split right down the middle after yes was dominating for quite some tome. I was expecting it to be heavily weighted towards no but interesting nonetheless.

Actually, I think 50/50 is more or less where I expected this to fall. There are *a lot* of players who think they were stuck in Cavalier for too long, and had already built rosters well beyond Cavalier tier. The majority of them were well *past* the TB requirements already, having explored or nearly explored Act 6 and having already ranked up more than one rank 3 or had the resources to do so and just not having pulled the trigger yet. Many of them don't even think it was a good idea to rebalance Act 6 to below end-game levels of difficulty. The vast majority of those players have no problem with TB, as they think the game was overdue to make a progression tier aimed even higher than that as it was.

The problem is that forum discussions are always weighted towards the people who are dissatisfied, because people tend to be motivated to complain about what they think is wrong more than are motivated to idly mention everything they think is right. So people almost always think the fraction of players dissatisfied with something is much higher than it generally is.

But it was clear to me reading as many discussions about the TB requirements as I could, that for every player that thought the requirement was unfair because it was too difficult, there was at least one player who thought the requirements were too low. And @xNig has a point, because the requirement was one R3 it is easy for people to think they are simultaneously "on the edge" and yet artificially far away. If the requirement was five R3s, say, no one would be encouraged to think they were just outside. Anyone with four R3s is not going to have a problem making a fifth. But the people with zero think the only thing holding them back from number one is RNG. That's not what's holding them back. Not earning a flood of T5CC and 6* champs, such that random chance has absolutely nothing to do with anything, is what is actually holding them back. The guy with 12 6* champs and 135% of a T5CC in total fragments requires pure luck. The guy with 80 6* champs and 700% of a T5CC in total fragments doesn't need any luck. Everyone else is somewhere in the middle, with luck helping a little and in-game progress helping a little.
    Thanks for spelling it out so clearly bro @DNA3000.

Anyone who has done A6 Exploration and/or AoL Completion, together with exploration of all Variants, shouldn’t have an issue with having a R3 if they have a 6* roster deep enough.