Options

Why do people find masochism hard?

ArsozArsoz Posts: 1,773 ★★★★
Ok so when I did act 5.2.4 I used a 4 star nick and just bleed everybody so i could parry without a problem. Only took 2 revives because I messed up on yellow jacket. So now back to my question why do people find it hard its just regen. I have seen somebody spend 2k units on 5.2.4 and still didnt beat it I have also seen people with 6 stars and rank 4s 5 stars that are still stuck on it????

Comments

• Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Arsoz said:

Ok so when I did act 5.2.4 I used a 4 star nick and just bleed everybody so i could parry without a problem. Only took 2 revives because I messed up on yellow jacket. So now back to my question why do people find it hard its just regen. I have seen somebody spend 2k units on 5.2.4 and still didnt beat it I have also seen people with 6 stars and rank 4s 5 stars that are still stuck on it????

I spent more units on that chapter than on Collector chapter, because the 2 thing i hate the most is power gain and regen i know have both of them taken care ( thanks to Doom and awakened AA). But ya i just hate regen and playt sloppy when i know the champs regenerating
  • Options
    Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

Because it’s the first tricky node new players come against.
    Till a new player reaches 5.2.4 he haven’t encountered any seriously challenging node.
    That’s the welcome to a whole new level of difficulty at the game.

A new player gets a pass but people with rank 4s and 6 stars should definitely be able to beat the chapter
    u mean with 5*s and 6*s because im pretty sure we all had 4*s when we versed the chapter
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

Till a new player reaches 5.2.4 he haven’t encountered any seriously challenging node.

A new player gets a pass but people with rank 4s and 6 stars should definitely be able to beat the chapter
    I don’t think there are people with 5*s at 4/55 or 6*s having issue with the node, unless they try to beat it playing with their toes instead of their fingers 🤣
    Most people faced it and beat with 4*s or 5*s 3/35 at the most 😉
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    because you are a pro at the game, you even soloed grandmaster so something that is easy for you is really hard for others :*o:)>:)B)
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,827 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

I don’t think there are people with 5*s at 4/55 or 6*s having issue with the node, unless they try to beat it playing with their toes instead of their fingers 🤣

these are your accounts?
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,570 ★★★★
    To defeat macochism you need to work around it.

1: hold block till the opponent attempts to do an heavy to dash backward and immediately punish with an dash forward MLLLM after they finish their heavy sequence.

2: master the Re-parry method.
  • Options
    Arsoz said:

Gardener said:

Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

u mean with 5*s and 6*s because im pretty sure we all had 4*s when we versed the chapter
    Rank 4s as in rank4 5 stars
    AH okay i see people with rank 4 5*s and there not at 5.2 i don't even have a rank 4 5* and i'm halfway into 5.3
  • Options
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

these are your accounts?
    Nah alliance mates
    ah i see

I’m assuming yours is the one with arsoz in the title?
  • Options
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

these are your accounts?
    Nah alliance mates
    ah i see

I’m assuming yours is the one with arsoz in the title?
    Yes the hulk toes
    see there’s no point in censoring the names when you can still easily find them

also, hope you can get that Namor awakened some day.
  • Options

its hard to rewire your brain to not rely on your first parry

This, but I think the extra complication is that unless you're using specific counters, the usual thing to do with masochism is to just play aggressively and outdamage it. But I think for many players the combination of having to think about the first parry being eaten by masochism combined with the need to play more aggressively to outdamage the healing creates a bit of cognitive dissonance.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

WOW you beat 5.2.4 with only TWO revives?!?!? Masochism is easy for you to fight when you have a counter?!?! Dude you're insane, please teach me more tips how to beat other nodes!!!

sorry man i already got dibs on his first teaching tips
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,920 ★★★★★
    It’s easy just don’t parry or use debuff champs